Windows 10: Firefox Will Not Open

Discus and support Firefox Will Not Open in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help! [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ayush Bharadwaj, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Firefox Will Not Open

I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help!

Firefox Will Not Open 1a0d68eb-db61-4bc7-a87d-420c732419fd?upload=true.png

:)

Ayush Bharadwaj, Nov 28, 2019

2. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:Firefox Will Not Open :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Missing Firefox shortcut from All Apps menu

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window

• Type Firefox to launch firefox

If it launches, you may try to create a shortcut of it by following the steps below:

• Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer

• Select this pc and select C: drive

• Open Program files and right click on firefox and click on Shortcut on desktop.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Firefox Will Not Open

I want to allow Chrome or Firefox to use my mic and camera on certain websites

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to make Firefox as the default web browser and check it the issue persist.

Follow the steps below.

• Open Control panel.
    • Select Default Programs.
    • Click on Firefox and set that application as Default.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Firefox Will Not Open

1. Firefox Will Not Open - Similar Threads - Firefox Open

2. Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox: I want to change the default for Windows Terminal from Powershell to the traditional Command Prompt, but when clicking "Settings" in the drop down arrow of the terminal app, it simply opens up a .json file in Firefox.Here is the button I attempt to click:Here is where it...
  3. Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox: I want to change the default for Windows Terminal from Powershell to the traditional Command Prompt, but when clicking "Settings" in the drop down arrow of the terminal app, it simply opens up a .json file in Firefox.Here is the button I attempt to click:Here is where it...
  4. Firefox problem (won't open)

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox problem (won't open): Hey Gang, having a problem with FireFox this morning ! It won't open to anything other than what the picture shows ! I have deleted it & removed everything even in the registry, then reloaded it & still the same ! The Edge works fine ! Even the links does not work !! Anyone...
  5. I use Firefox as my browser. When I download a app update SmartScreen blocks opening the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I use Firefox as my browser. When I download a app update SmartScreen blocks opening the...: When I try to open a program update or new program downloaded using Firefox I get a dialog box with the following message."Windows Protected your PC.Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk."There...
  6. Chrome and Firefox won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome and Firefox won't open: So, a long time ago I was using Chrome and one day, Chrome started to close itself. I realized that to reopen Chrome I had to go to task manager and restart the Windows Explorer process, but even after restarting it, Chrome still closed a few seconds after opening it. I tried...
  7. How to open Local Files on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to open Local Files on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge: Windows 10 is great when it comes to multitasking, it has floating windows, the taskbar, and many other features to increase your productivity. In this article, we present you with another trick to increase your productivity, that allows you to open your Local Files on your...
  8. Help removing 'Open With...' context menu item (Specifically, Firefox)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help removing 'Open With...' context menu item (Specifically, Firefox): After an attempt a few months ago, I jumped back to Firefox and then immediately remembered what prevented me from staying before. It is now showing in my context menu under 'Open With...' for PDFs. I use two programs to open PDFs, the secondary also starting with 'F,' so...
  9. Windows 10 opening Adobe Illustraor help search in IE not defailt browser (Firefox)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 opening Adobe Illustraor help search in IE not defailt browser (Firefox): Whenever I search in the help box in Adobe Illustrator, the browser that opens is IE - despite my default browser being Firefox. On my Windows 10 machine, if I look in: C > Programme Files (86) > Common Files > Adobe > Help > en_GB > Illustrator > 14.0 I can find the...
  10. problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2: I updated my laptop to Windows 10 version 20h2 2 days ago. Initially I was thrilled with how it was performing. This morning I had difficulty starting up the pc and had many problems opening Firefox and Thunderbird. With task manager open I tried to open Thunderbird. Got...