Windows 10: Firefox Will Not Open

Discus and support Firefox Will Not Open in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help! [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ayush Bharadwaj, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Firefox Will Not Open

I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help!

Firefox Will Not Open 1a0d68eb-db61-4bc7-a87d-420c732419fd?upload=true.png

:)

Ayush Bharadwaj, Nov 28, 2019

2. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:Firefox Will Not Open :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Missing Firefox shortcut from All Apps menu

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window

• Type Firefox to launch firefox

If it launches, you may try to create a shortcut of it by following the steps below:

• Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer

• Select this pc and select C: drive

• Open Program files and right click on firefox and click on Shortcut on desktop.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Firefox Will Not Open

I want to allow Chrome or Firefox to use my mic and camera on certain websites

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to make Firefox as the default web browser and check it the issue persist.

Follow the steps below.

• Open Control panel.
    • Select Default Programs.
    • Click on Firefox and set that application as Default.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Firefox Will Not Open

1. Firefox Will Not Open - Similar Threads - Firefox Open

2. How do I re-open past sessions of Firefox ?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I re-open past sessions of Firefox ?: My wife uses Firefox 70.0.1 (64 bits) on Windows 10. She insists on never closing the browser, because she doesn't use bookmarks. She's already had 90 tabs open at the same time *Eek. Last time I accidentally closed her browser, and I re-launched and re-closed it multiple...
  3. How do I re-open past sessions of Firefox ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I re-open past sessions of Firefox ?: My wife uses Firefox 70.0.1 (64 bits) on Windows 10. She insists on never closing the browser, because she doesn't use bookmarks. She's already had 90 tabs open at the same time *Eek. Last time I accidentally closed her browser, and I re-launched and re-closed it multiple...
  4. How do I prevent Firefox from opening multiple processes in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I prevent Firefox from opening multiple processes in Windows 10?: About half the time when I use Firefox, it opens multiple processes. These don’t show up on Task Manager; I find out only when trying to open Firefox again, having thought it was shut down. Following posts on the Microsoft boards, I’ve set browser.tabs.remote.autostart to...
  5. How do I tell Firefox to open email links with the windows 10 mail app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I tell Firefox to open email links with the windows 10 mail app?: I'm in Firefox's options and it's giving me the option to choose Thunderbird, Yahoo or Gmail, but I want to use the Windows 10 mail app. However when I select "choose other" and go to either Program Files or Program Files (86), I do see Windows Mail, but all I have is...
  6. Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps: Hi, everyone. We just had new Windows 10 machines installed at work. (Dell Optiplex 3040) Our old PC's were Windows 7 and I always used Firefox as my browser. Never had any issues on W7. The new PC, however, is opening Firefox to http://hp.hfindingformspro, every night...
  7. Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps: Hi, everyone. We just had new Windows 10 machines installed at work. (Dell Optiplex 3040) Our old PC's were Windows 7 and I always used Firefox as my browser. Never had any issues on W7. The new PC, however, is opening Firefox to http://hp.hfindingformspro, every night...
  8. BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome: Hello. Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 and since then I'm having a BSOD as soon as I open Firefox or Chrome. If I open edge it does open and I can browse find, however after a some random time I get the BSOD. I have tried all I can think of. I updated all the...
  9. I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows...: From other posts I have read others have the same issue, and I cannot find an answer if this is possible to change from Edge to Firefox. Yes, my default browser is set to Firefox in my Windows 10 settings....
  10. Trouble open user in firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Trouble open user in firefox: I am able to log into Firefox. Two other users can not They get this message--an unexpected error has prevented your changes from being saved------. I have tried ti reset and tried ---about:config in address line to not avail. Any ideas?? 135975