Windows 10: Firefox Will Not Open

Discus and support Firefox Will Not Open in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help! [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ayush Bharadwaj, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Firefox Will Not Open

I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help!

Firefox Will Not Open 1a0d68eb-db61-4bc7-a87d-420c732419fd?upload=true.png

:)

Ayush Bharadwaj, Nov 28, 2019

2. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:Firefox Will Not Open :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Missing Firefox shortcut from All Apps menu

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window

• Type Firefox to launch firefox

If it launches, you may try to create a shortcut of it by following the steps below:

• Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer

• Select this pc and select C: drive

• Open Program files and right click on firefox and click on Shortcut on desktop.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Firefox Will Not Open

I want to allow Chrome or Firefox to use my mic and camera on certain websites

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to make Firefox as the default web browser and check it the issue persist.

Follow the steps below.

• Open Control panel.
    • Select Default Programs.
    • Click on Firefox and set that application as Default.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Firefox Will Not Open

1. Firefox Will Not Open - Similar Threads - Firefox Open

2. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...: When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox, rather than chrome. How do I change this? I can't seem to find where I access default apps. Thank you...
  3. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...: When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox, rather than chrome. How do I change this? I can't seem to find where I access default apps. Thank you...
  4. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Firefox on Windows 10 or 11 will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox on Windows 10 or 11 will not open: I use Firefox on my school computer because I am more used to it on Windows 10 or 11 every time I try to click onto the icon on my start menu or desktop with all my other apps it will not open it will just immediately close itself how do I fix this...
  6. Firefox on Windows 10 or 11 will not open

Firefox on Windows 10 or 11 will not open: I use Firefox on my school computer because I am more used to it on Windows 10 or 11 every time I try to click onto the icon on my start menu or desktop with all my other apps it will not open it will just immediately close itself how do I fix this...
  7. Computer idle approx 3 hours / Desktop / Attempt to open Firefox / Computer goes into slow...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer idle approx 3 hours / Desktop / Attempt to open Firefox / Computer goes into slow...: Device name xxxxxxxxxProcessor 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900KF 3.00 GHzInstalled RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usableDevice ID 0EDDF607-2EA6-41EE-BDBD-8C5D8CE74553Product ID 00342-21084-64414-AAOEMSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch...
  8. Computer idle approx 3 hours / Desktop / Attempt to open Firefox / Computer goes into slow...

Computer idle approx 3 hours / Desktop / Attempt to open Firefox / Computer goes into slow...: Device name xxxxxxxxxProcessor 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900KF 3.00 GHzInstalled RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usableDevice ID 0EDDF607-2EA6-41EE-BDBD-8C5D8CE74553Product ID 00342-21084-64414-AAOEMSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch...
  9. Why Won't Outlook Open More than 2 Tabs on Firefox Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Won't Outlook Open More than 2 Tabs on Firefox Browser: One day last week I noticed that when I was attempting to have my outlook email open on two separate tabs it kept throwing up an error sign. I also noticed that if I close out the tab I open at the beginning of the day it throws up the same error message and makes me sign out...
  10. Why Won't Outlook Open More than 2 Tabs on Firefox Browser

Why Won't Outlook Open More than 2 Tabs on Firefox Browser: One day last week I noticed that when I was attempting to have my outlook email open on two separate tabs it kept throwing up an error sign. I also noticed that if I close out the tab I open at the beginning of the day it throws up the same error message and makes me sign out...