Windows 10: Firefox window always pushes itself to front upon initial load

Discus and support Firefox window always pushes itself to front upon initial load in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This applies to my current environment on an HP laptop (FF 72.0.1; Win10 build 18362), but it's been like this for six months or more, after not being... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by asus2016, Jan 15, 2020.

1. asus2016 Win User

Firefox window always pushes itself to front upon initial load

This applies to my current environment on an HP laptop (FF 72.0.1; Win10 build 18362), but it's been like this for six months or more, after not being like this before.

I restart my work computer - again, an HP laptop - at the end of every workday, so it's fresh the next morning.

My FF browser is set to load with the same tabs, in the same two windows, as it had when I exited the night before.

Without fail, as the second browser window loads - it has a web interface for my google pixel text messages as the active tab - it "pushes to the front," even though I might be working in the other browser window, or on a Word document. My active session, whatever it is, gets "bumped" by this window pushing to the front.

I've never seen this behavior on any other computer. And my work computer was configured when I got it with a copy of my home computer's Firefox profile, and my home computer runs same Win10 build, same FF browser, same two windows, and starts on the same tabs in those two windows.

Any idea what causes this "push to the front" behavior?

:)

asus2016, Jan 15, 2020

2. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 15, 2020
  3. asus2016 Win User

This applies to my current environment on an HP laptop (FF 72.0.1; Win10 build 18362), but it's been like this for six months or more, after not being like this before.

I restart my work computer - again, an HP laptop - at the end of every workday, so it's fresh the next morning.

My FF browser is set to load with the same tabs, in the same two windows, as it had when I exited the night before.

Without fail, as the second browser window loads - it has a web interface for my google pixel text messages as the active tab - it "pushes to the front," even though I might be working in the other browser window, or on a Word document. My active session, whatever it is, gets "bumped" by this window pushing to the front.

I've never seen this behavior on any other computer. And my work computer was configured when I got it with a copy of my home computer's Firefox profile, and my home computer runs same Win10 build, same FF browser, same two windows, and starts on the same tabs in those two windows.

Any idea what causes this "push to the front" behavior?

asus2016, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Firefox window always pushes itself to front upon initial load

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Firefox window always pushes itself to front upon initial load - Similar Threads - Firefox window always

2. skype comes front of the screen by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    skype comes front of the screen by itself: I have skype minimized, I am using like ms edge so the skype open automatically like come front by itself, i have no idea what makes it do so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-comes-front-of-the-screen-by-itself/b7c53032-3aa9-4d2e-89ef-eb0c8d7efa33
  3. skype comes front of the screen by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    skype comes front of the screen by itself: I have skype minimized, I am using like ms edge so the skype open automatically like come front by itself, i have no idea what makes it do so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-comes-front-of-the-screen-by-itself/b7c53032-3aa9-4d2e-89ef-eb0c8d7efa33
  4. Firefox reboots by itself, twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox reboots by itself, twice: Hi, From two months ago, every time I open windows, my firefox browser reboots twice. It does not give any error message and when it reboots it goes back to the home page. I removed all extensions, then I updated the browser and the Graphic Card, in vain! And from 3 days...
  5. Samsung SSD not always initialized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung SSD not always initialized: I have a Samsung 860 2.5" EVO 1TB SSD in the 2.5" slot replacing the HDD that came with it - the problem is, the machine randomly sees it. The machine is GT80 Titan SLI running latest-greatest Win10 home. It apparently has no such issues with an HDD so there is nothing...
  6. Mozzila Firefox always crashing.

in Browsers and Email
    Mozzila Firefox always crashing.: It's been almost 3 months already i've tried everything. Uninstalling it. Installing it. Uninstalling it. Deleted everything that has to do with Firefox. Everytime i get at least 5 "gah your tab just crashed" every hour or so. If i am using Youtube it's worse. I have to close...
  7. Firefox push notifications and Windows Notifications Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox push notifications and Windows Notifications Center: Hi to everyone! Firefox push notifications does not appear in the Windows 10 Notification Center., but only my low right corner and I don't know why. All of it after I reset the browser. Is that normal? Thanks!...
  8. Windows 10 Tries to Push Firefox and Chrome Over the Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Tries to Push Firefox and Chrome Over the Edge: "Windows 10 now “warns” you not to install Chrome or Firefox when you download them. It’s just one of the many annoying ways Microsoft pushes Edge, which only has 4% market share despite Microsoft’s increasing desperation." Read more---...
  9. Windows Push Notification User Service always crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Push Notification User Service always crashing: For the past week, I've continually found this critical error in my reliability monitor - Windows Push Notifications User Service stopped working. I have used sfc /scannow, chkdsk /f C: and DISM and they all have shown no problems. I have also done multiple virus/malware...
  10. Firefox always slow and lagging.

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox always slow and lagging.: Hi, am using Windows 10 Pro X64 official and Mozilla Firefox. For some reason my Firefox browser is always lagging. Chrome works fine though. When I open a new tab, the browser starts lagging, when I open multiple tabs it's lagging a lot. Click a link -> Start...