Windows 10: Firefox won't run; Administrative permission

Discus and support Firefox won't run; Administrative permission in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; (I probably asked this question some time ago, but I can't find on the site. Please be patient with me if you can find what I couldn't.) I'm running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RogerBlair1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Firefox won't run; Administrative permission

(I probably asked this question some time ago, but I can't find on the site. Please be patient with me if you can find what I couldn't.)

I'm running Windows 10 *upgraded from 8.1) on a Lenovo G700 laptop. After Tuesday's update, I found that Firefox (my default browser) won't run. Instead, I get a "This app has been blocked by your System Administrator" message. What settings must I change to let Firefox run? (My other browsers--Edge, IE, Opera, Epic and Chrome--run with no problems.)

Thanks.

:)

RogerBlair1, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Oct 11, 2018
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Xylee Del Win User

Firefox won't run; Administrative permission

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Firefox won't run; Administrative permission

1. Firefox won't run; Administrative permission - Similar Threads - Firefox won't run

2. Administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator permissions: Many functions with Windows 11 it states "you need administrator permission" to perform. I'm the sole administrator and appear to have all the permission I need. It's and extra step I don't need...
  3. Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Permissions: I have bought a new laptop and am using my backup drive WD My Passport to transfer the files over to the new laptop. Windows won't let me use the files need administrator permission even though I am the only user of this laptop and my user name has Administrator rights. How...
  4. Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Permissions: I have bought a new laptop and am using my backup drive WD My Passport to transfer the files over to the new laptop. Windows won't let me use the files need administrator permission even though I am the only user of this laptop and my user name has Administrator rights. How...
  5. Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator": Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.418 Firefox and Chrome have both ceased to start unless "run as administrator". I can see the window form for the application, but is goes away almost instantly. Task manager shows no process still running after that, so it goes away...
  6. administrator permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    administrator permission: i am the administrator and im being block by "an administrator " does Microsoft have a fix for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission/2c95c5cc-b20a-4521-a5f5-5970a8b512f4
  7. Administrator Permission...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Permission...: Why do I need administrator permission if I'm the administrator? Tried to move some files and I needed to get administrator permission. Is there a way to make it so this no longer pops up? It's annoying and senseless. I've searched the internet and there is not info about...
  8. Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Permissions: I own HP PROBBOK 440 G4 running windows 10. My issue is that sometimes while deleting any folder from my (generally video folders) it says you need to need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder and when i press continue new dialog box pop up says you...
  9. Firefox enabling permissions ?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox enabling permissions ?: Having big problems trying to work out enabling permissions on Firefox for particular websites as their instructions are impossible to follow and understand. Where there was a header picture overnight on a forum it's now been removed with just a lock and a yellow exclamation...
  10. Run everything as admin / default administrative permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run everything as admin / default administrative permission: Hello, The constant need for administrator permission and the need to run everything as administrator is something that frustrates me endlessly in windows. I'm talking about thinks like copy pasting, name change or the need to run cmd as administrator for some commands....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox wont run