Windows 10: Firefox

Discus and support Firefox in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't open Firefox but when I try to download it, I get a message that it's already running?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BeckyGarrett, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Firefox

I can't open Firefox but when I try to download it, I get a message that it's already running?

:)

BeckyGarrett, Apr 16, 2019

2. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Firefox

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Firefox

1. Firefox - Similar Threads - Firefox

2. set firefox as default browser in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    set firefox as default browser in windows 10: I have firefox installed and use it as my browser. I want to set it as my default browser in Windows 10 but it does not appear as an option in the browser selection box. How do I get it into the browser selection box?...
  3. How do I allow Firefox access to my camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I allow Firefox access to my camera: Under Privacy Camera Firefox is not listed as application. How do I allow Firefox access to my webcam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-allow-firefox-access-to-my-camera/caa80e03-a5d7-43c1-8750-520490a5e4ed"
  4. Firefox Won't Start After Reinstall ... Oops!

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Won't Start After Reinstall ... Oops!: We have a person who comes in and uses the Sr. Center computers (which is what they're for), but he got a couple of those PUPs that changed the search engine, and Gramma's Lye Soap wouldn't take it off. *Sad I followed instructions online to remove the PUPs, and something...
  5. Weird issue with firefox - "stuck" boxes of text

in Browsers and Email
    Weird issue with firefox - "stuck" boxes of text: I'm not sure where this should go but I'm guessing it's a browser issue. Since last week, I've had an issue with Firefox where randomly a text box from a portion of a tab will get stuck somewhere on the screen, and that text box will then be visible on all other tabs. Even...
  6. DNS over HTTPS with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    DNS over HTTPS with Firefox: If you are tired of your DNS requests being looked at, or if you just want to encrypt all your Firefox DNS traffic: This works in all up to date and beta/nightly versions as of 67.0.4 With Firefox open, click on the [img] and then click Options. Scroll all the way down...
  7. I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows...

I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows...: From other posts I have read others have the same issue, and I cannot find an answer if this is possible to change from Edge to Firefox. Yes, my default browser is set to Firefox in my Windows 10 settings....
  8. Windows 10, Firefox 64.0.4 64 bit, old PC Compaq Elite 8300, I cannot minimize the pages...

Windows 10, Firefox 64.0.4 64 bit, old PC Compaq Elite 8300, I cannot minimize the pages...: My PC changed itself the desktop with the undesired symbols of the programs or average users and my symbols of my desired programs disappeared. At the same time every program is in full page mode and the symbol on the right top doesn't react at all. So I cannot use any...
  9. s.yimg.com...how do I get rid of it 0n firefox and win. 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    s.yimg.com...how do I get rid of it 0n firefox and win. 10: How do I rid s.yimg.com ;using firefox and windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syimgcomhow-do-i-get-rid-of-it-0n-firefox-and-win/9c7aaa66-af6a-405e-8001-d4ec3bdd56ca
  10. using DoH, how to do traceroute from Firefox browser?

in Browsers and Email
    using DoH, how to do traceroute from Firefox browser?: FF 67.0.4 Windows 10 1803 i have enabled DoH in my browser, now how do i know (maybe using traceroute) that it is resolving names using DoH servers and not my DNS servers? 136156