Windows 10: Firefox

Discus and support Firefox in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't open Firefox but when I try to download it, I get a message that it's already running?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BeckyGarrett, Apr 16, 2019 at 2:02 AM.

1. Firefox

I can't open Firefox but when I try to download it, I get a message that it's already running?

:)

BeckyGarrett, Apr 16, 2019 at 2:02 AM

2. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 16, 2019 at 2:05 AM
  3. Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

4. Firefox

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

Thema:

Firefox

1. Firefox - Similar Threads - Firefox

2. Website In Firefox Is Distorted

in Browsers and Email
    Website In Firefox Is Distorted: Recently I've noticed that a few of webpages that I visit in Firefox show up weird. I don't know why. I open the same page in Microsoft Edge and it appears correct. I've cleared my cookies, cache, and site data and turned off hardware acceleration and neither one fixed the...
  3. Firefox & Chrome dead after Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-04

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Firefox & Chrome dead after Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-04: No way to use other web-browsers, If I start the software it will close on its own No error, just white screen Reinstall application does not help :/ Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.437] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\OARR>systeminfo...
  4. both firefox and chrome browsers hijacked and controlled by Bing in 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    both firefox and chrome browsers hijacked and controlled by Bing in 10 home: after windows update my searches with Firefox and Chrome are directed to Bing no matter which browser I use in win 10 home. I have clean installed win 10 home and even wiped my HDD clean and re-installed windows 10 home but it keeps happening. Seems MS has done this through...
  5. Message: Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at app.getresponse.com.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Message: Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at app.getresponse.com.: Unable to connect Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at app.getresponse.com. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection. If your...
  6. Former Mozilla exec: Google has sabotaged Firefox for years

in Windows 10 News
    Former Mozilla exec: Google has sabotaged Firefox for years: A former high-ranking Mozilla executive has accused Google of intentionally and systematically sabotaging Firefox over the past decade in order to boost Chrome's adoption. He is not the first Firefox team member to come forward and make such accusations in the past eight...
  7. Screen Blinks in Firefox with RX580 Video Card

in Browsers and Email
    Screen Blinks in Firefox with RX580 Video Card: I have been using the Intel video in my i7 6700K without problems but obviously poor frame rates. I installed an ASUS RX580 video card and all is well except with Firefox. Only with Firefox I get screen flashing like its refreshing. I assume this is because of the way...
  8. Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly?

in Browsers and Email
    Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly?: When I go to Softexia.com | Daily Software News with Discounts and Coupons the page shows software products. What I am seeing appears to be coming from the cache even though there could be new content on it's server. This can easily be ascertained by either using another...
  9. New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine: I am trying to use chrome on a new windows 10 install. It sometimes works on 1 wesbite and then I get "site can't be reached" error. It seems to be stuck on "trying to establish a secure connection". I have also installed Opera and Firefox. Edge and Firefox work just...
  10. Problems with Mozilla Firefox in windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with Mozilla Firefox in windows 10: My browser Mozilla Firefox freezes and closes unexpectedly sometimes as I can fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-mozilla-firefox-in-windows-10/08f6cf88-7c04-47e8-a23b-7685dd07e32e"