Windows 10: Firefox

Discus and support Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; sorry if this isnt the right section, but am looking for a way to change the tabs location from above the address bar to below as for some reason my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by auroken, Jan 13, 2021.

1. auroken Win User

Firefox

sorry if this isnt the right section, but am looking for a way to change the tabs location from above the address bar to below as for some reason my usercrhome file isnt doing it despite copying it from my old laptop. l remember it being a quick edit but cant find one that works.

:)

auroken, Jan 13, 2021

2. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Firefox

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Firefox

1. Firefox - Similar Threads - Firefox

2. FireFox problems on some banking sites

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox problems on some banking sites: FF Ver85.01b 2 Questions: 1. For some reason some, not all, of my banking accounts (vanguard) will allow me to sign in but when I want to look at account info, all I get is a blank (grey) page. Refreshing does no good. Will work with MS EDGE on this computer, or FF on...
  3. Windows 10 output of firefox sound through another device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 output of firefox sound through another device: Hi, I am connecting my Windows 10 PC via Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter with my TV. All well and good. I tried to switch the output of Firefox to the TV in the "App volume and device preferences" as it is demonstrated in countless tutorials. But as soon as I start the...
  4. How can I change the start menu web search from Edge and Bing to Firefox and DuckDuckGo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the start menu web search from Edge and Bing to Firefox and DuckDuckGo: I've searched this question many times but I never find the answer I'm looking for, if you search something in the start menu on the web it'll open Edge and Bing, I want it to use Firefox and DuckDuckGo. Surely there must be some sort of registry key I can modify to force it...
  5. High CPU usage by browser chrome or firefox on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage by browser chrome or firefox on startup: Every time after booting up windows 10, Chrome would start running automatically in the background only, no window opened up. Task manager would show a CPU usage of about 70% for Google Chrome and the fans of laptop started running at full speed. I tried disabling Chrome in...
  6. My Computer Lags when I play a game and have discord and Firefox on together.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer Lags when I play a game and have discord and Firefox on together.: Hello! My Computer usually lag when I got a game on with applications such as discord and firefox or google chrome. I've tried both heavy and like 1GB games and it's the same problem. I hope you could help me with reaching to the problem and solve it. It lags as most when i...
  7. Windows 10 Family Features preventing me from using Mozilla Firefox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Family Features preventing me from using Mozilla Firefox: I am an adult user of Windows 10 who is not part of a Microsoft account family. Whenever I try to open Mozilla Firefox, I am told that I need to ask for permission to use this app. When I click to ask permission, I am simply told an error has occurred. This does not happen...
  8. Better browser then firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Better browser then firefox?: Is there a browser that 1- isn't way different 2-can use almost all FF addons 3-doesn't force u to update or remind u every day numerous times. #3 is the reason i wanna change. I don't know why but the update prompt gone from a few times a day to literally every few minutes....
  9. Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc: If you are coming from a old pc and need to transfer your old profiles try this. Go to your old pc Press Windows + R to open the run command type%appdata% Go to the mozilla folder Click Firefox and Profiles Copy the folder(s) if you have more than one folder Make a...
  10. Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1.: How can I fix the problem Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1? I am running Win 10 Pro with Norton. I have added PC name and IP to Norton network settings...