Windows 10: firestick shows as connected but does not respond to the firestick controls

Discus and support firestick shows as connected but does not respond to the firestick controls in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since changing my router for Sky Q: I paired my firestick and it shows as so with other devices (That do work, like the surround sound etc.) However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikekoi, Sep 19, 2018.

1. mikekoi Win User

firestick shows as connected but does not respond to the firestick controls

Since changing my router for Sky Q: I paired my firestick and it shows as so with other devices (That do work, like the surround sound etc.)

However pressing the home button on the firestick for 10 seconds produces no response.

:)

mikekoi, Sep 19, 2018
  2. kiddagoat Win User

Nvidia Shield vs FireStick

All,

I do not know if this is the best spot to be posting this but here it goes.

I currently use Kodi on my Amazon FireStick for streaming such as Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, and Prime. I have noticed at times that the FireStick will start to lag and chug along even with streaming over my NAS.

I have been looking into getting the means of getting sports streams into my FireStick so I can finally cut the cord as it were from my cable company. The FireStick looks to support only a handful of sports applications that came with it pre-loaded.

I was doing some reading and while the Nvidia Shield is superior to the FireStick in overall hardware and has better app support due to it natively being Android TV, is the price of entry worth it?

I mean I spent $40 on my FireStick and the Shield is going to be about $300 due me liking the idea of having the Pro version.

I don't mind tinkering with the FireStick but it seems like a good portion of my performance issues would vanish with the better hardware.

Has anyone owned both and could give some feedback?

kiddagoat, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Xbox one not reading Amazon Firestick

Xboxone not reading amazon firestick have it plugged in to the hdmi port where find it in the home page not sure,help please

Moved from Mobile Devices

mikenowicz, Sep 19, 2018
  4. BiplovK.C Win User

Connecting windows 10 laptop with miracast to amazon tv firestick

Dear All,

I got my amazon tv firestick.

I tried connecting it via my phone and I was able to mirror my phone's screen without any problem.

However, when I try to connect my laptop (Lenovo thinkpad t540p) it doesn't seem to work.

First I went to action center of my laptop which has windows 10 installed in it.

Then clicked connect icon. There I can see my amazon tv firestick device.

firestick shows as connected but does not respond to the firestick controls 2d14abd9-06c2-4dbe-b578-c2dd18e688f1.jpg

firestick shows as connected but does not respond to the firestick controls 0c7303af-3a32-4690-8815-da825e3d5b2f.jpg

firestick shows as connected but does not respond to the firestick controls b22bdfe0-327f-449a-9a3a-339196582af6.jpg

Does anyone have any idea why I am not being able to connect?

I can see a message in the screen where I have connected firestick which says trying to connect the pc but it suddenly exits.

Please let me know if anyone was able to fix this issue.

BiplovK.C, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

1. firestick shows as connected but does not respond to the firestick controls - Similar Threads - firestick shows connected

2. No Audio from Firestick on HDMI Splitter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio from Firestick on HDMI Splitter: I have installed a VWRHAR HDMI splitter to allow me to switch between PC and Amazon Firestick but when I do, there is video but no audio. Audio works fine when I switch back to the PC input through the splitter.Looking at sound settings when switched to PC the C32F392 Nvidia...
  3. how to connect firestick to laptop without capture card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to connect firestick to laptop without capture card: I introduce an outer HDMI Video Capture gadget. This will permit you to plug the Fire Stick into your PC by means of this outer gadget. Once connecting the Fire TV gadget to your HDMI Video Capture Card, you will then plug the Capture Card into your PC with a USB Cord....
  4. how to connect firestick to laptop without capture card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to connect firestick to laptop without capture card: I introduce an outer HDMI Video Capture gadget. This will permit you to plug the Fire Stick into your PC by means of this outer gadget. Once connecting the Fire TV gadget to your HDMI Video Capture Card, you will then plug the Capture Card into your PC with a USB Cord....
  5. Mirroring to Amazon Firestick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mirroring to Amazon Firestick: Windows just recently updated on my computer. Prior to the update there were no problems with casting to Amazon Firestick from my computer. Now I cannot do so. The Amazon Firestick is detected and shows up as detected. Both Firestick and Computer are connected to same WiFi....
  6. Mirroring to Amazon Firestick

Mirroring to Amazon Firestick: Windows just recently updated on my computer. Prior to the update there were no problems with casting to Amazon Firestick from my computer. Now I cannot do so. The Amazon Firestick is detected and shows up as detected. Both Firestick and Computer are connected to same WiFi....
  7. Can't connect from PC to Amazon FireStick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect from PC to Amazon FireStick: I have Windows 10. I enabled Screen Mirroring on the FireStick and it work for a while. Though the connection was horrible. The resolution was way too big also so I raised it. Right after that mirroring stopped working. When I go to the Actions Center and click on Connect to...
  8. Can't connect from PC to Amazon FireStick

Can't connect from PC to Amazon FireStick: I have Windows 10. I enabled Screen Mirroring on the FireStick and it work for a while. Though the connection was horrible. The resolution was way too big also so I raised it. Right after that mirroring stopped working. When I go to the Actions Center and click on Connect to...
  9. FireStick

FireStick: I have windows 10. Trying to connect firestick with HDMI port. Nothing is happing. What do I need to do. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firestick/103a119f-5960-42c0-abce-f3a7122e1f2b
  10. amazon firestick

amazon firestick: how so i connect my amazon firestick to my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-firestick/1ec6f88a-495a-4350-9d1c-3e214a8653c8