Windows 10: FireStick

Discus and support FireStick in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have windows 10. Trying to connect firestick with HDMI port. Nothing is happing. What do I need to do. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeraldGranstaff, Apr 18, 2019.

1. FireStick

I have windows 10. Trying to connect firestick with HDMI port. Nothing is happing. What do I need to do.

Thanks

:)

GeraldGranstaff, Apr 18, 2019

2. firestick

hi, i am trying to get my pc to recognise my firestick so i can download .apk file to put a vpn on my firestick. can anyone help?

davidvigurs, Apr 18, 2019
  3. firestick into my laptop

I plugged my firestick into my hdmi port on my HP laptop - did it damage my firestick

johnsatterfieldY, Apr 18, 2019
  4. kiddagoat Win User

FireStick

Nvidia Shield vs FireStick

All,

I do not know if this is the best spot to be posting this but here it goes.

I currently use Kodi on my Amazon FireStick for streaming such as Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, and Prime. I have noticed at times that the FireStick will start to lag and chug along even with streaming over my NAS.

I have been looking into getting the means of getting sports streams into my FireStick so I can finally cut the cord as it were from my cable company. The FireStick looks to support only a handful of sports applications that came with it pre-loaded.

I was doing some reading and while the Nvidia Shield is superior to the FireStick in overall hardware and has better app support due to it natively being Android TV, is the price of entry worth it?

I mean I spent $40 on my FireStick and the Shield is going to be about $300 due me liking the idea of having the Pro version.

I don't mind tinkering with the FireStick but it seems like a good portion of my performance issues would vanish with the better hardware.

Has anyone owned both and could give some feedback?

kiddagoat, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

FireStick

1. FireStick - Similar Threads - FireStick

2. amazon firestick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    amazon firestick: how so i connect my amazon firestick to my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-firestick/1ec6f88a-495a-4350-9d1c-3e214a8653c8
  3. Why do I have SIX devices, one active and 5 grayed out, for my firestick?

Why do I have SIX devices, one active and 5 grayed out, for my firestick?: Looking at Devices and printers and I have SIX devices labeled Louise's Fire TV - - one appears to be active and 5 are grayed out. Otherwise all are identical. I also have 2 each for Samsung TV (actually have 3 Samsung smart TV's). All are gray - - no TV is on. And they...
  4. hdmi plug isnt reading firestick

hdmi plug isnt reading firestick: I just installed window 10 and it isn't reading my firestick can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-plug-isnt-reading-firestick/161ea05f-8dbe-4e57-9a68-0302939c6885
  5. Windows 10 Settings shows multiple instances of Amazon Firestick

Windows 10 Settings shows multiple instances of Amazon Firestick: I'm using Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, fully updated. I have Amazon Firesticks in two home TVs on the same Wifi network. I just noticed that under Settings > Bluetooth and other devices, that one Firestick was Listed 10 times and the other one 6 times. They show as "Not...
  6. firestick shows as connected but does not respond to the firestick controls

firestick shows as connected but does not respond to the firestick controls: Since changing my router for Sky Q: I paired my firestick and it shows as so with other devices (That do work, like the surround sound etc.) However pressing the home button on the firestick for 10 seconds produces no response....
  7. 3rd party apps for miracast on windows 10 to firestick?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3rd party apps for miracast on windows 10 to firestick?: i have heard that windows has discontinued support for miracasting from windows 10 to a firestick. i have tried multiple times and it has lots of trouble connecting and when it does it disconnects after 10 seconds. its very annoying 117770