Windows 10: Firewall and antivirus

Discus and support Firewall and antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I have both my antivirus' firewall - (Kaspersky) and Window defender's firewall at the same time?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FelixNguyen1, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Firewall and antivirus

How can I have both my antivirus' firewall - (Kaspersky) and Window defender's firewall at the same time?

:)

FelixNguyen1, Feb 14, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Firewall & Antivirus Issues

Hi desiree!!!

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern? JUST THE UPDATES YOU CAN SEE ON THE SCREENSHOT, NOTHING ELSE...

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? RESTARTING COMPUTER ONLY
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to enable the said applications? NO ERROR MESSAGESARE BEING RETRIEVED WHEN FIREWALL OR ANTIVIRUS ARE ENABLED, NOTHIMG HAPPENS WHEN THEY'RE CLICKED

Chris Alvarado, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Firewall and antivirus

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I use AVG 7.5 for antivirus and firewall. I like it because its VERY light weight. It does not have fancy things like rootkit scanners and what not. But it has an Awesome first defense active virus scan and in depth scan. The firewall is really nice too. Works a lot like Zone alarm did if you ever used that. A lot of people in here might recommend bitdefender. But i personally did not like it. Kaspersky is descent too ( and free i think).

Cybrnook2002, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Firewall and antivirus

1. Firewall and antivirus - Similar Threads - Firewall antivirus

2. MSI Dragon Center Error Blocked by firewall, antivirus, or service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI Dragon Center Error Blocked by firewall, antivirus, or service: I have used the uninstall option, the complete uninstall/cleaner .exe, restarted the MSI Central Service as well as made sure it was set to automatic startup, & downloaded the current up-to-date installer. I still end up with..... It started with a windows update. I have no...
  3. My Windows Defender Firewall stopped working once I installed Bit Defender Antivirus Plus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Windows Defender Firewall stopped working once I installed Bit Defender Antivirus Plus: My Windows Defender Firewall stopped working once I installed Bit Defender Antivirus Plus. Their support argues it wasn't their software's fault as this version doesn't support a firewall and refuses to give useful support. Right now, my Win Defender firewall has no...
  4. Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings: i want to download the western Australian library app https://app.overdrive.com/ to my hp laptop but keep getting the message This site can’t be reached. Help please. but please keep in mind that i am not tech savy. thank you...
  5. How to temporarily disable antivirus and firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to temporarily disable antivirus and firewall: I am trying to download a game I know is safe but I'm being "protected" by my antivirus. None of the articles I have read so far have been helpful....
  6. How to exclude files from antivirus or firewall?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to exclude files from antivirus or firewall?: Hi, anytime I try to exclude some folders in the virus protection settings, I’ll get to the point where I choose the folder I want to add and I’m click yes when it asks if I want the program to make changes to make my computer and nothing will happen. The exclusion list just...
  7. antivirus/firewall protection

antivirus/firewall protection: will another virus protection like Norton interfere with the windows firewall etc how are they compatible and is it necessary to have both? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirusfirewall-protection/154c365d-95f3-454f-85a8-7ea043e0a190
  8. Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and...

Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and...: Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and web protection and the switches are gone. [ATTACH]...
  9. Why Kaspersky Security Provider was suddenly turned off both antivirus and firewall and...

Why Kaspersky Security Provider was suddenly turned off both antivirus and firewall and...: Today i experienced a weird thing. Suddenly i got a popup from MS Security and when i tried to check it i found that Kaspersky Firewall and Antivirus option was turned off, instead Microsoft Defender Antivirus and Windows Firewall was turned on. Mind you that Kaspersky was up...
  10. Why Kaspersky Security Provider was suddenly turned off both antivirus and firewall and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Kaspersky Security Provider was suddenly turned off both antivirus and firewall and...: Today i experienced a weird thing. Suddenly i got a popup from MS Security and when i tried to check it i found that Kaspersky Firewall and Antivirus option was turned off, instead Microsoft Defender Antivirus and Windows Firewall was turned on. Mind you that Kaspersky was up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. checking the proxy and the firewall chrome

2. Kaspersky firewall and WIndows 10 firewall on at same time?