Windows 10: Firewall and default apps are not working

Discus and support Firewall and default apps are not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Few months back my xbox bar was not working. Then I tried to reinstall it through Microsoft Store but I just can't reinstall it. Then after few days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShubhVaishnav, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Firewall and default apps are not working

Few months back my xbox bar was not working. Then I tried to reinstall it through Microsoft Store but I just can't reinstall it. Then after few days Microsoft Store stopped working. It just won't open. I reset it through Settings->Apps but it still won't open. Then I completely uninstall Microsoft Store and try to reinstall it. Then I found out that my firewall was off. So I tried to turn it on but same situation as Microsoft Store.

Windows Security is now not opening. I tried every last solution for turning on firewall like this According to its step 7 I have MsMpEng.exe but I can't delete that file . But still no chance.

I also go through this thread because now my other default apps are not opening [ like photos, cameracamera is working but application is not, mail, calculator, calendar etc. ] and according to that my AppXManifest.xml is missing and and it says that Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0A, The package could not be installed because the Windows Firewall service is not running. Enable the Windows Firewall service and try again.

I even tried to add new account but Microsoft Account is not opening so I, myself not able to sign in via Microsoft account.

So now anyone has any other possible solution other than Settings>Update & Security>Recovery> and clicked on Reset this PC then please help me with this situation.

Shubh :

:)

ShubhVaishnav, Sep 18, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 18, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Firewall and default apps are not working

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Firewall and default apps are not working :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Firewall and default apps are not working

1. Firewall and default apps are not working - Similar Threads - Firewall default apps

2. Firewall App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall App: I have genshin game launcher in external disk already allow access in windows built-in firewall. If I install Windows firewall control or firewall app blocker, is genshin game launcher in external disk is not in allow list?...
  3. Firewall App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall App: I have genshin game launcher in external disk already allow access in windows built-in firewall. If I install Windows firewall control or firewall app blocker, is genshin game launcher in external disk is not in allow list?...
  4. Firewall Apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall Apps: After performing a repair on the place of Windows I find these apps that can communicate through the Firewall in particular there is: windows_ie_ac_001 and seeing a little around on the net I am not entirely calm. Any help and information in this regard are very welcome. 183380
  5. Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall

Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall: Hi.Problem description:- I has some problem with Defender firewall and when I'm trying to run troubleshooter from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall-513e9cf8-19ae-d579-2092-d5e64fe06f5fI receive the...
  6. default apps stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    default apps stopped working: After April update, default apps stopped working. How can I fix the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-apps-stopped-working/236e81ce-f0cd-48ce-9c12-c83a42310a63
  7. Firewall not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall not working: I m using windows 10 hp laptop My windows firewall is turned off and is no turning on now. When I try to choose an option to turn it on, it doesn't work. Even the wifi status appears as a dashed line. When I turn on network discovery and save changes it turns it off...
  8. Firewall is not working

Firewall is not working: Brink and z3r010 will be familiar with the look of this thread, they saw most of it in the EightForums but it was an unrelated part of another problem (FF addon) which they helped me fix. (And now I can post on this forum again. *Biggrin ) First let me see if my firewall is...
  9. Changing default app not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default app not working: I installed Windows 10 Education 1803, and installed Notepad++, which is in my opinion, a far better Notepad. So I changed XML, TXT and other types of files' defaults to Notepad++. However, no matter what, they'll always open with their stock Notepad (or WordPad for XML...
  10. Windows Firewall needs to be disabled for app to work

Windows Firewall needs to be disabled for app to work: Hi All I am attempting to diagnose an issue when joining a meeting for PersonalVMR.com - on a domain joined laptop. The meeting starts, but Video in and Out are not transmitted. I have added Windows Firewall rules for ALL ports, on Any protocol, for Any application for...