Windows 10: Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out

Discus and support Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Recently had my laptop fixed and returned, everything had gotten reset so I re-downloaded a game that required a UDP Port. The Port was being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MargaretHx, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out

Hi all,

Recently had my laptop fixed and returned, everything had gotten reset so I re-downloaded a game that required a UDP Port. The Port was being blocked by my firewall and so I opened up my firewall tab through the steps: (The red boxes in the pictures show that they cannot be clicked on.)

Windows Start Button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Open Windows Security > Firewall & Network Protection.

From here, if I scrolled to the bottom, all the options are greyed out and cannot be clicked. It's the same in Control Panel too

Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out 08a47528-7671-4bd1-aaf8-88d845c532ea?upload=true.jpg

Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall.

Here all the options on the left side column are bolded out and cannot be clicked either.

Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out 66cbfce2-a911-4377-bbf5-9048a84c2e30?upload=true.jpg

I have also tried disabling firewall in Services, by right-clicking Properties. However, that also failed.

Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out 287510f9-9139-4b37-9543-7cf31ad6e661?upload=true.png

I'm the Administrator on this laptop so it's really confusing as to why I cannot access it, I feel it might be because I have McAfee installed so it has just prevented me from accessing these options. But even so anything I've tried doesn't seem to allow me to change the settings, any help would be much appreciated.

:)

MargaretHx, Feb 1, 2019

2. firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 1, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Router Firewall?

Your router firewall lets you configure basic things like "Attack Protection", "DOS Protection" and service filtering with basic options for disabling HTTP, Telnet, FTP, TFTP, SNMP from external networks where you still get your internet from your ISP's gateway and every other communication from the WAN is blocked. You can also set up a service filter list in many cases. This is nifty. Though protection from the router isn't an alternative for even software firewalls, leave alone hardware ones. You will need a good software firewall such as free Zone Alarm / the firewall that comes with your security suite, if you're paranoid about security, else a properly updated Windows installation with the Windows Firewall is a good thing too.

btarunr, Feb 1, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out

1. Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out - Similar Threads - Firewall Network Protection

2. "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services: I've been having trouble with software protection not launching and as a result windows 11 has been deactivated on my device. When attempting to launch software protection I get the message "Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer. Error...
  3. "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services: I've been having trouble with software protection not launching and as a result windows 11 has been deactivated on my device. When attempting to launch software protection I get the message "Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer. Error...
  4. Virus & Threat Protection Settings Greyed out options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus & Threat Protection Settings Greyed out options: Can someone please help me to fix my issue as I couldn't enable my virus & threat protection greyed out settings. Please find the screen-print attached. Thank you so much in advance !!...
  5. Sign-in options all greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  6. Sign-in options all greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  7. Firewall & Network Protection

Firewall & Network Protection: Is Norton 360 safe to use with Windows 10 PRO or what is the best Firewall & Network Protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-network-protection/5314bae0-bf34-4fff-9549-da415a173697
  8. My network option is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My network option is greyed out.: I was booting up a game for steam when my laptop hung so i rebooted. I try again and my wifi option is gone and some of the quick settings is gone. I tried a bunch of videos but nothing works. Only by ether get my wireless is gone. Can someone help me plz???? submitted by...
  9. Firewall & Network Protection

Firewall & Network Protection: We updated our application that runs Windows updates on our domain, and it is starting to update our computers. In doing so, we are starting to get warnings on all of our computers. It is an extreme nuisance since it pops up with an audible tone about every 10-15 seconds....
  10. Firewall & network protection

Firewall & network protection: At startup windows 10 Windows firewall and MacAfee firewall are turned off. MacAfee confirmed firewall is on. Windows is off. How can this be verified and corrected? Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot