Windows 10: Firewall and System Settings.

Discus and support Firewall and System Settings. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I blocked all incoming and outgoing connections in the windows fire wall settings,since then the Microsoft store won't sign in, windows start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkMason2, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Firewall and System Settings.

I blocked all incoming and outgoing connections in the windows fire wall settings,since then the Microsoft store won't sign in, windows start menu won't show when clicked, and System settings won't open.

How do I re-enable those options without allowing there to be any open ports?

P.S.

The reason I messed with firewall settings was because I noticed an open port for sharing/backing up files(msrpc?) with what I believe to be the One Drive app and/or system feedback option which I believe was enabled through the latest update. I Don't recall allowing this share/back up option to happen.

Things that are not essential to keeping my computer running properly should not be enabled by default, and it should be more obvious whether or not it's active.

:)

MarkMason2, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Firewall and System Settings.

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Firewall and System Settings.

1. Firewall and System Settings. - Similar Threads - Firewall System Settings

2. Firewall recommended settings not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall recommended settings not working: when I open windows defender firewall it says I need to update my firewall settings when I click on use recommended settings it shows loading on my mouse then it doesn’t do anything I cant update apps search on safari and I cant reset my pc how do i fix this...
  3. Firewall Settings for GamePassTitles and CloudSync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firewall Settings for GamePassTitles and CloudSync: Hello,I downloaded several Games via MS GamePass. Lastly it was NeonAbyss. The problem I have is that the CloudSync isn't coming trough the Firewall.When I first started the Game, a window Popped up with the question if I want to allow NeonAbyss trough the Firewall which I...
  4. Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall: Hi.Problem description:- I has some problem with Defender firewall and when I'm trying to run troubleshooter from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall-513e9cf8-19ae-d579-2092-d5e64fe06f5fI receive the...
  5. Firewall recommended settings

Firewall recommended settings: Hello community, I would like to have secured system. I am using Malwarebytes free alongside MS defender. Are there other tips to manage on my system to be more safe? Also whats best settings of Firewall's? What have to be there ruled and managed? I am quite far away...
  6. VPN and firewall settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN and firewall settings: Hello I have the VPN tunnel established and working. From the remote client I can ping the VPN router...I can also ping a computer at the office behind the router if the defender firewall is turned off on the office target computer TCP port 1723, 43 and 445 have been...
  7. firewall settings

firewall settings: I want to know how I can allow "coreldraw2017 whats the font" to be used on my desktop, it is being blocked by my firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-settings/af29a469-3dbb-4fe3-bf7c-4a820edeabb3"
  8. FIrewall and proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIrewall and proxy settings: Good day! I am trying to figure out why I am having connection problems when I am trying to download content. I get a message saying that it could be my firewall or proxy settings that are preventing the download. I have checked over everything numerous times. I have a solid...
  9. Problems with firewall settings/alerts

Problems with firewall settings/alerts: Just recently I've started getting alerts about "network firewall". I have NIS and always check and it's always running. Finally, I went to security settings in control panel, checked the settings there, and it reports NIS as being turned off, so I turned it on from there....
  10. AV software is set for firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AV software is set for firewall: Which is the better way to go? Right now I have Vipre AV set for my firewall instead of MS. They are both good but which would be the better way to go. 82658