Windows 10: Firewall blocking Ethernet connection?

Discus and support Firewall blocking Ethernet connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I just unpackaged my computer after moving back to the states (been in storage since Oct 1st). Connect everything and it doesn't recognize the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Millerkd, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Millerkd Win User

Firewall blocking Ethernet connection?

So I just unpackaged my computer after moving back to the states (been in storage since Oct 1st). Connect everything and it doesn't recognize the Ethernet connection to the Internet. Call my isp to troubleshoot. They have me turn off my firewall in Windows. Right away my computer sees the connection and I connect to the Internet, turn firewall back on and remain connected. After updating my virus definitions I restart. When it comes back up, again no connection. I try the firewall off trick again this time nothing. Any ideas?

:)

Millerkd, Mar 20, 2016

2. Windows Defender Blocks All Internet Access. Windows 10. Internet.

Windows Defender Blocks All Internet Access.

Windows 10.

Dell Desktop.

DSL Internet, Ethernet-connected-Modem.

Windows Defender Blocks Microsoft Edge.

Windows Defender Blocks Firefox.

Windows Defender Blocks Skype.

When Windows Defender is turned off, all internet works for all programs.

Windows Defender eventually will turn itself back on and the internet will no longer work.

Dell says it is not their fault.

My modem company says it is not their fault. I have tried a new modem and it was not the issue.

My phone company that provides DSL internet said it is not their fault.

I replaced the ethernet cable and it was not that either.

I have updated the drivers.

I have re-installed Windows.

I have run an Internet Troubleshooting.

Nothing helps. But I know Windows Defender is the problem.

I also turn off the firewall too.

Dell and Windows Are Bad, Mar 20, 2016
  3. J.DD Win User
    BSOD - System Service Exception (NETIO.SYS) - help

Do you use Ethernet or wireless?? The ethernet drivers are 4 yrs old. See if there's an update on the manufacturer's site

I would uninstall Zonealarm. If Kaspersky includes the firewall, and if Zonealarm includes a firewall as well. You shouldn't have 2 firewalls. They'll conflict with each other. Uninstall one or both of them'

'

4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you're using Wifi, you might try turning Wi-fi sense off.

Firewall blocking Ethernet connection? [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Firewall blocking Ethernet connection? - Similar Threads - Firewall blocking Ethernet

2. Windows firewall block connections to localnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows firewall block connections to localnet: Hi everyone!I have following task:1. Block connections to hosts in local network2. Allow connections to certain hosts in local network domain controllers, wsus, dns and some exact hosts and ports3. Allow connections to O365All tasks above I need to be implemented with help of...
  3. Windows firewall block connections to localnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows firewall block connections to localnet: Hi everyone!I have following task:1. Block connections to hosts in local network2. Allow connections to certain hosts in local network domain controllers, wsus, dns and some exact hosts and ports3. Allow connections to O365All tasks above I need to be implemented with help of...
  4. Windows firewall block connections to localnet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection ?: CrowdStrike falcon blocking internet access from every where. i can't even update windows.here are the detail provide by the troubleshooter:-Diagnostics information Network SecurityDetails about network security diagnosis:Settings that might be blocking the...
  6. "Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection": The Internet works on my phone, but on my laptop the only site that works is Google and I can’t go on YouTube or Outlook or Gmail or anything like that. I run the troubleshooter and it said that ‘security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection’. That’s all I...
  7. Security or Firewall settings blocking my connection

Security or Firewall settings blocking my connection: Hi, I'm new to this place so I apologize if theres something wrong with this post. Im facing this issue around 2 hours ago. I cannot connect to my internet, because "Security or firewall might be blocking the connection".I've tried to :1. Re-install network adapter2. Reset...
  8. Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection?!?!?!

Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection?!?!?!: On a brand new pc, had it for a couple months, and this error hit me out of nowhere. The internet works fine on my laptop and my phone, so I know its not the internet. I tried: Disabling the antivirus as well as the firewall Uninstalling/reinstalling my network adapter...
  9. Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection (Ethernet connection)

Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection (Ethernet connection): Hi. I have looked every where for a solution to this problem and I haven't been able to find an answer that has worked. I don't have this issue when I use my laptop via WiFi, but my desktop computer doesn't have WiFi and the problem is with the Ethernet connection only. I...
  10. Ethernet and firewall

Ethernet and firewall: So im using windows 10 and I just got a problem where I lost my internet connection. I use ethernet and it just stopped working. I tried plugging it back in again and restarted my PC a few times. If it helps, there are error messages appearing that say Windows Firewall is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is my firewall blocking my ethernet cable

2. i think my firewall is blocking my ethernet cable