Windows 10: Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules

Discus and support Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot port forward to host a server, everything was working fine about a month ago but I never hosted anything between that time and now its broken.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Miniloserchamp, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules

I cannot port forward to host a server, everything was working fine about a month ago but I never hosted anything between that time and now its broken. I installed Kaspersky within that time period and I think that might have something to do with it but its completely uninstalled now. I have tried putting rules in the firewall and completely resetting the firewall. This is really annoying any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Miniloserchamp, Dec 2, 2019
  2. MadagaC Win User

Windows 2012 Server - Creating an exception for a block rule in the firewall

Hy, ya'll!

I have to deploy a rule to block all outbound traffic towards port TCP 80 regardless of the destination IP, so I set up an outbound "block" rule in the Windows Firewall specifically against that port. it was straightforward and works like a charm. However,
    I can't seem to find a way to add one single IP as an exception to this rule.

I tried creating a new rule allowing all traffic to the IP I'm attempting to whitelist but, from what I can gather, the blocking rules in the Windows firewall take precedence over "allow" rules so that explains why it didn't work.

How can I work around this? All I need is to block outgoing traffic to TCP 80 on all but one IP.

Thanks!

MadagaC, Dec 2, 2019
  3. mike1127 Win User
    firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?

I am just starting to learn the Windows Firewall (working on both Windows 7 and 10) and I'm not impressed with the inflexibility of its rules. I would like to know if

1. Is there is a way to do what I want with Windows Firewall?
    2. Is there is a third-party firewall that would do it?

What I want to do is create a rule that blocks outgoing connections, for program X, that are to a destination **NOT** in an IP list.

Windows Firewall is not very flexible in how you specify IP list rules. When you give an IP list, your rule will match that list... you can't say "trigger the rule for non-matching IP addresses." Therefore to allow outgoing connections to a list, you have to

1. Change the entire firewall policy to block outgoing connections by default so that you can create an "allow rule" matching your list. This will mess up the rest of your programs.

2. Somehow combine a block rule and allow rule. Create a block rule for most traffic, with the "allow" rule overriding it when appropriate. However, this doesn't appear to be possible in general. It **may** be possible for connections that use IPSec, I'm not sure. And I'm not sure if I can use IPSec in my application.

And is there a third-party firewall that can do it? Most 3rd-party firewalls are LESS sophisticated than Windows Firewall, because the use case they are addressing is providing an interface that doesn't require much comprehension. I need one that's actually MORE sophisticated than Windows Firewall.

mike1127, Dec 2, 2019
  4. TwuTu Win User

Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules

Windows Firewall: Doesn't show blocking rules

Hello!

Today I've blocked all connections of a program by creating a outbound rule in Windows Firewall. However, I now wish to remove it. The problem: I can't find that newly created rule anywhere in the list. The rule does take an effect, since deactivating the
    Firewall lets the program run properly. I can only see rules in the list that "allow" stuff, but not those who block things.

What I have tried so far:

- All filters set to "Show all" within the Firewall

- Created the same rule again, doesn't show up

- Created a rule that allows the program, shows up

Any solutions?

TwuTu, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules

1. Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules - Similar Threads - Firewall blocking port

2. Firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  3. Port-forwarding only works with disabled Firewall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Port-forwarding only works with disabled Firewall: Hello everyone, im having the same issue since months. It works on my RPI, but not on W10. Port-forwarding is enabled on my router. The required firewall rules are created and activated. The only way i can make the port-forwarding work is by disabling the whole firewall. The...
  4. Windows 10 Firewall: Invisible Block Rules

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Firewall: Invisible Block Rules: Hi all, Today I was messing around with Windows Firewall rules and created a rule to block all incoming ICMP traffic to my Windows 10 host. I tested the rule by trying to ping my host from a different device and it was blocked. I also confirmed this from the Firewall logs...
  5. Firewall Rules

Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  6. Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.

Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.: I have created forwarder rule in windows to route the traffic coming from any user to loopback address 127.0.0.1 and forward it to another IP address. example: netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=127.0.0.1 listenport=9000 connectaddress=127.0.0.8...
  7. WIN10 Firewall Rules - found 70 different DNS Forwarding Rules? - VIRUS or?

WIN10 Firewall Rules - found 70 different DNS Forwarding Rules? - VIRUS or?: Hello, while investigating a problem in Windows 10 - which is now solved and solution is unrelated to this question - I checked the list of Exceptions in the Windows Firewall. Among the many entries there are 70 different DNS Forwarding Rule - TCP -...
  8. Firewall rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  9. Inbound Firewall Rule that Blocks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inbound Firewall Rule that Blocks: Please help me understand how the 2 Inbound Rules created by MMC actually operate. Action, Enabled, Service, Program, Protocol Block, Yes, Any, C:\windows\system32\mmc.exe, TCP Block, Yes, Any, C:\windows\system32\mmc.exe, UDP If these...
  10. firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?

firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?: I am just starting to learn the Windows Firewall (working on both Windows 7 and 10) and I'm not impressed with the inflexibility of its rules. I would like to know if 1. Is there is a way to do what I want with Windows Firewall? 2. Is there is a third-party firewall...