Windows 10: Firewall compromised

Discus and support Firewall compromised in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an AVG anti virus software that I needed to reload after resetting windows. I had to call Avg cust srvc to assist. The customer service agent... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by johnmemering, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Firewall compromised

I have an AVG anti virus software that I needed to reload after resetting windows.

I had to call Avg cust srvc to assist. The customer service agent told me that my firewall was compromised, and said I needed to install a complete new firewall.

Then he tells me AVG has nothing to do with network security, but when I went in to do some investigating, It's AVG that is controlling the firewall.

Not quite sure what to make of all this, could someone shed some light on my situation that I might comprehend??

Thanks

:)

johnmemering, Aug 8, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Firewall compromised

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Firewall compromised

1. Firewall compromised - Similar Threads - Firewall compromised

2. SOLVED: Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert 2V7HGTVB - Fake, black screen with text, disabled...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SOLVED: Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert 2V7HGTVB - Fake, black screen with text, disabled...: ENGLISH german version see belowOS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2I have a problem with a “Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert” message. This message is fake. Until now, I have always been able to stop similar messages on other computers using the task manager or closing the Firefox/Edge...
  3. Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert 2V7HGTVB - Fake, black screen with text, disabled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert 2V7HGTVB - Fake, black screen with text, disabled...: ENGLISH german version see belowOS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2I have a problem with a “Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert” message. This message is fake. Until now, I have always been able to stop similar messages on other computers using the task manager or closing the Firefox/Edge...
  4. Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert 2V7HGTVB - Fake, black screen with text, disabled...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert 2V7HGTVB - Fake, black screen with text, disabled...: ENGLISH german version see belowOS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2I have a problem with a “Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert” message. This message is fake. Until now, I have always been able to stop similar messages on other computers using the task manager or closing the Firefox/Edge...
  5. Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert 2V7HGTVB - Fake, black screen with text, disabled...

6. Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update: Hello,I recently tried installing an app from the Microsoft Store, and the install failed. It gave me this error code: 0x800706D9I did some digging, and it seems that the issue lies with Windows Defender Firewall. I attempted to open WDF, and also got error code 0x800706D9...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update: Hello,I recently tried installing an app from the Microsoft Store, and the install failed. It gave me this error code: 0x800706D9I did some digging, and it seems that the issue lies with Windows Defender Firewall. I attempted to open WDF, and also got error code 0x800706D9...
  8. MDE outbound firewall block seen on windows process in the reports under firewall outbound.

MDE outbound firewall block seen on windows process in the reports under firewall outbound.: We see firewall outbound blocked on svhost , winword and backgroundTaskHost.exe Ex : svchost.exe was blocked from communicating with by Windows Firewall...
  9. MDE outbound firewall block seen on windows process in the reports under firewall outbound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MDE outbound firewall block seen on windows process in the reports under firewall outbound.: We see firewall outbound blocked on svhost , winword and backgroundTaskHost.exe Ex : svchost.exe was blocked from communicating with by Windows Firewall...
  10. IP Compromising scam cisco firewall security How Do I Get Rid of these jerks

IP Compromising scam cisco firewall security How Do I Get Rid of these jerks: I got hit with the "IP address comprimising issue" scam yesterday. The scammer claimed they worked for Microsoft. I got the same scam this morning. Does Microsoft care if someone uses their product ID's? How do I get rid of these folks? They tried to sell me cisco...