Windows 10: Firewall has been turned off

Discus and support Firewall has been turned off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good day I need some assistance. I have windows 10 64bit and im using avg antivirus. Everytime i stary up my p.c i keep getting a nitification that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Speedy1zn, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Speedy1zn Win User

Firewall has been turned off

Good day

I need some assistance. I have windows 10 64bit and im using avg antivirus. Everytime i stary up my p.c i keep getting a nitification that my firewall is deactivated. When i go to the notification panel to active my firewall it wont allow me to active, AVG antivirus firewall or windows defender.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

:)

Speedy1zn, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Cannot turn on network firewall for windows10 - SOLVED

Hello Sabrina,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

You mean to say, the option is grayed out?

Is this started to happen recently?

What happens when you tried to turn on Firewall?

Usually, Windows Firewall shouldn't be in turn off state unless you have another firewall turned on. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your PC (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from worms or hackers.

To turn Windows Firewall on or off:

• Click Start,

• In Search, type firewall, and then select
      Windows Firewall.

• Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off on left pane. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

• Select Turn on Windows Firewall checkbox's and click
      OK

• Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your administrator.
    Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Firewall has been turned off

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Firewall has been turned off

1. Firewall has been turned off - Similar Threads - Firewall has been

2. Defender has been turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender has been turned off: I received a notice that Microsoft Defender was turned off. I did not turn it off but want to turn it back on. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-has-been-turned-off/8f3a749c-2930-41b8-9e8f-1b0da370e64b
  3. Defender has been turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender has been turned off: I received a notice that Microsoft Defender was turned off. I did not turn it off but want to turn it back on. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-has-been-turned-off/8f3a749c-2930-41b8-9e8f-1b0da370e64b
  4. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  5. My laptop webcam has been turning on and off inexplicably

My laptop webcam has been turning on and off inexplicably: I have made no conscious input to do so, and actually have not given any app access to the camera. Windows would notify that the camera is turning on and then a few seconds later it would turn off again by itself. It has been 3-4 times so far; is it possible I'm hitting a...
  6. Windows firewall turned off notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall turned off notification: My question is how do i stop seeing this notification everytime i turn on my pc? It pops on like the 3rd minute on every boot and it's a little annoying and i know i got it turned off. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself: The last 2 days, I started getting a notification pop-up that my Windows Firewall is turned off. It says Tap or Click to turn on. I click and it takes me to the Windows Security Screen in Settings and I don't see anything for Windows Firewall. I clicked every option on...
  8. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  9. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...
  10. email app has been turned off

email app has been turned off: I can't turn the mail app back on - looks as though all has been lost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/email-app-has-been-turned-off/0fcb707e-5125-4b72-91a9-c5a4610f3ba3