Windows 10: Firewall Is On and Off at the Same Time!

Discus and support Firewall Is On and Off at the Same Time! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows starts with all firewall indications being on. After a few minutes it reports that it is off in the system tray and in Windows Security, but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jerry O'Sullivan, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Firewall Is On and Off at the Same Time!

Windows starts with all firewall indications being on. After a few minutes it reports that it is off in the system tray and in Windows Security, but reports on in services.msc and Control Panel. I think it's really on because if I reset the firewall defaults and then try to run a program that accesses the internet, the firewall will ask me for permission. Clicking "Turn On" in Windows Security does nothing. Any idea what's going on here?

Firewall Is On and Off at the Same Time! e680c526-7767-4e67-8ca4-77e0716cc60d?upload=true.png

:)

Jerry O'Sullivan, Jun 15, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Firewall Is On and Off at the Same Time!

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Firewall Is On and Off at the Same Time!

1. Firewall Is On and Off at the Same Time! - Similar Threads - Firewall Off Same

2. Ping request timed out with firewall off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping request timed out with firewall off: Hello everyone,I have a problem when pinging my computer either from another computer in my network or from my computer using the local address of the network interfaces or the loopback address. Each Echo request performed by the ping command times out.In the following I...
  3. Ping request timed out with firewall off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping request timed out with firewall off: Hello everyone,I have a problem when pinging my computer either from another computer in my network or from my computer using the local address of the network interfaces or the loopback address. Each Echo request performed by the ping command times out.In the following I...
  4. Ping request timed out with firewall off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  6. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  7. Windows 10 Firewall turning off during restart and at other times.

Windows 10 Firewall turning off during restart and at other times.: I have windows 10 and suddenly the firewall is turning off during restart or sometimes as i open a browser. My free avira anti virus has also turned off twice in 4 days. I have done a check using avira, malwarebytes and spybot. I notice that when i go to check for updates,...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall showing On and Off at the same time

Windows Defender Firewall showing On and Off at the same time: Windows starts with all firewall indications being on. After a few minutes it reports that it is off in the system tray and in Windows Security, but reports on in services.msc and Control Panel. I think it's really on because if I reset the firewall defaults and then try to...
  9. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...
  10. How to switch off the monitor at the same time as the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to switch off the monitor at the same time as the computer: Hello sorry to say this is not related to windows but is has been bugging me for a long time and I think there is no harm in asking, maybe someone has the same issue. My monitor is a Dell Ultra Sharp U2414H and has touch buttons, which have poor sensitivity, to turn it off I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. comode firewall agent on and off