Windows 10: Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.

Discus and support Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YoshiKombat [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YoshiKombat, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.

/u/YoshiKombat, Aug 28, 2020

2. Cannot turn on network firewall for windows10 - SOLVED

Hello Sabrina,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

You mean to say, the option is grayed out?

Is this started to happen recently?

What happens when you tried to turn on Firewall?

Usually, Windows Firewall shouldn't be in turn off state unless you have another firewall turned on. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your PC (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from worms or hackers.

To turn Windows Firewall on or off:

• Click Start,

• In Search, type firewall, and then select
      Windows Firewall.

• Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off on left pane. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

• Select Turn on Windows Firewall checkbox's and click
      OK

• Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your administrator.
    Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 28, 2020
  3. RPG17A Win User
    Windows Firewall doesn't turn off

Hi

Did you turn your firewall off through the control panel. If not open control panel>all controls>Widows Firewall and in side panel (left) turn Firewall On/Off. There is also an Allow App through firewall option in same list.

RPG17A, Aug 28, 2020
  4. KNEIV Win User

Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.

Windows Firewall doesn't turn off

Yes, that is what I mean by trying to turn it off manually.

KNEIV, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.

1. Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on. - Similar Threads - Firewall turned off

2. How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?: I don't need to turn Windows Firewall back on because I have another paid antivirus/Firewall protection app Webroot on my computer Windows 10 desktop. I have it off because I don't need both of them running. If there's a way to turn off these notifications, please let me...
  3. How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?: I don't need to turn Windows Firewall back on because I have another paid antivirus/Firewall protection app Webroot on my computer Windows 10 desktop. I have it off because I don't need both of them running. If there's a way to turn off these notifications, please let me...
  4. How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i can't turn on firewall!

i can't turn on firewall!: hello, i need some help with windows security and I can't turn on all 3 firewalls... for some reason. it doesn't show anything when i click on one of the 3. no errors, no change at all! can anyone tell me what i should do?...
  6. Turned off firewall, now how do I turn off the notification telling me to turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turned off firewall, now how do I turn off the notification telling me to turn it back on.: I'm behind not one but two physical firewalls so I've turned off the windows 10 firewall. However, I get naggifications urging me to turn it back on every time I boot up and every so often while using the machine. How do I turn these off. I've attached a screenshot of what...
  7. WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on: I've been on the forums trying to find a way to fix this issue. Windows 10 updated on October 22. My wifi disabled on the same day (adapter is a Centrino n-6205). All attempts to get the wifi to turn on were stymied. I thought perhaps windows 7 still loaded might be causing...
  8. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  9. Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.

Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.: Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender/13a2ef85-05bd-4bef-8c77-923e1e371852
  10. Can't turn on Firewall

Can't turn on Firewall: After removing Norton using the Norton Removal Tool can't turn on Firewall. Windows Firewall Service is set on Automatic.Remote Procedure Call Service & the Base Filtering Engine Service is started and set on Automatic.Would you help me,please? [img] 43975