Windows 10: Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly

Discus and support Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I noticed that I keep getting a notification stating that Windows Firewall was turned off, so I go to the control panel and go to Security and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kanrasan, Jun 18, 2016.

1. kanrasan Win User

Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly

I noticed that I keep getting a notification stating that Windows Firewall was turned off, so I go to the control panel and go to Security and Maintenance. There, I find a message telling me my firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly. I click on "Turn on Firewall" but nothing happens.

:)

kanrasan, Jun 18, 2016

2. microsoft firewall turn off

It has come up on my laptop that Windwos Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly. When i click turn on now it comes up with a box saying "Action centre can't turn on Windwos Firewall" underneath that it has a link "Turn on Windwows Firewall manually".
    Once that has loaded it comes up "Update your Firewall settings" There is a button saying "Use recommended settings". Once i have clicked that the egg timer comes up for a little while then goes back to the mouse arrow. Nothing had changed and firewall is
    still turned off.

Can you help me with this problem please.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TerryKearney, Jun 18, 2016
  3. "Windows Firewall is turned off"

do this

Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly [​IMG]

select all 3 and turn on

then do this

Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly [​IMG]

turn off and leave off

restart pc

seahawks65, Jun 18, 2016
  4. Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly

Are you running a third party security package alongside it?

garydexter, Jun 19, 2016
  5. kanrasan Win User
    Yes actually, I was using the Avast Premium trial for a bit since it was free, which adds the Avast firewall. I disabled it and now the Windows firewall is working fine. Thanks!

kanrasan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly

1. Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly - Similar Threads - Firewall turned off

2. Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7: Hello:Please how can I turn of windows defender and windows firewall on my windows7computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-windows-defender-and-firewall-off-on/0af99386-fcb2-4127-9f50-ade92c52b857
  3. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  4. How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?

How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?: 1. Since our Windows 10-Home is on a router I've been told that I don't need to have the Windows Firewall On. Assuming that is still true, how do I turn off the warning message that the firewall is off? 2. How do I get the Malwarebyes icon to be pinned to the always visible...
  5. Windows firewall turned off notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall turned off notification: My question is how do i stop seeing this notification everytime i turn on my pc? It pops on like the 3rd minute on every boot and it's a little annoying and i know i got it turned off. [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself: The last 2 days, I started getting a notification pop-up that my Windows Firewall is turned off. It says Tap or Click to turn on. I click and it takes me to the Windows Security Screen in Settings and I don't see anything for Windows Firewall. I clicked every option on...
  7. Firewall has been turned off

Firewall has been turned off: Good day I need some assistance. I have windows 10 64bit and im using avg antivirus. Everytime i stary up my p.c i keep getting a nitification that my firewall is deactivated. When i go to the notification panel to active my firewall it wont allow me to active, AVG...
  8. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  9. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...
  10. Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off."

Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off.": Every time I start my PC lately, I get a Windows notification that pops up in my action center that says: "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options" Clicking it asks me if I want to turn on either one. Why does this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowns firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly

2. how to fix windows firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly

3. windows firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly