Windows 10: Firewall - Isolation of Device

Discus and support Firewall - Isolation of Device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, For work I need to be able to confirm that the firewalls on my laptop and router prevent my work laptop from communicating to other devices which... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RebeccaLomax, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Firewall - Isolation of Device

Hi,

For work I need to be able to confirm that the firewalls on my laptop and router prevent my work laptop from communicating to other devices which use the same router in the building i.e. the laptop is isolated.

How can I confirm this please?

I have windows defender and my router is with Sky.

Many Thanks

Rebecca

:)

RebeccaLomax, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Darren Win User

Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Jul 15, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows audio device graph isolation problem

Hello,

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is an official part of Windows and serves as the primary audio engine in Windows 10. It handles the audio enhancement effects provided by Windows. If you are using any enhancements, we suggest that you disable them and
    see if the sounds stops. You may disable your enhancements by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Volume icon in the Taskbar.
    • Click Sounds.
    • From the Sound window, click the Playback tab, then select the device that you suspect is causing the issue.
    • Click Properties.
    • On the Enhancements tab, click the Disable all enhancements checkbox.
    • Click OK.

David Haz, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Firewall - Isolation of Device

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Firewall - Isolation of Device

1. Firewall - Isolation of Device - Similar Threads - Firewall Isolation Device

2. Device Guard, Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Device Guard, Core Isolation: Hello, everyone!Can I add my service to Virtualization Based Security ?Now, it has Credential Guard and Hypervisor enforced Code Integrity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-guard-core-isolation/e6516c9a-20a7-40d8-9a1b-ff65894b8bb1
  3. Device Guard, Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Guard, Core Isolation: Hello, everyone!Can I add my service to Virtualization Based Security ?Now, it has Credential Guard and Hypervisor enforced Code Integrity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-guard-core-isolation/e6516c9a-20a7-40d8-9a1b-ff65894b8bb1
  4. Device Guard, Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Device Security - Core Isolation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Security - Core Isolation: Hi there, I'm trying to enable core isolation under the Device Security within Windows Defender but have come across an issue. I have an incompatible driver preventing the core isolation from enabling. The driver is named ftdibus.sys which is located in...
  6. windows audio device graph isolation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows audio device graph isolation: this process is taking 40% of cpu consumption making my laptop speedup the fan. i have version 20h2 but it occurs on previous version why this process is taking so much power i'm using headphones if it could be the case i've forced end process and it goes to 3.5% wich...
  7. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: Source Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Summary Stopped working Date ‎04-‎May-‎20 5:28 PM Status Not reported Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\audiodg.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: AUDIODG.EXE...
  8. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: Hi everyone. I am wondering if the amount of RAM consumed by the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is normal; it was consuming 250MB when I took the screenshot (link below). Google says that this process should not consume huge amounts of system resources. So how can I fix...
  9. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: The last month or so, my Windows Audion Device Graph Isolation consistently takes up between 20%-70% of my RAM at any given time, even when I'm not playing audio. I know that this shouldn't even be the case when I'm playing audio. The other methods listed in other community...
  10. Windows audio device graph isolation

Windows audio device graph isolation: I have the same issue several others have reported, that Windows audio device graph isolation is eating CPU. As recommended, I have performed virus scans several times, reloaded drivers, and nothing has helped. The enhancements window for Speakers/Headphone Properties...