Windows 10: Firewall issues

Discus and support Firewall issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Each day when I restart my computer I receive a notice that my Windows firewall and my McAfee firewall are turned off and need to be turned back on. In... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeorgeGregory1, May 31, 2019.

1. Firewall issues

Each day when I restart my computer I receive a notice that my Windows firewall and my McAfee firewall are turned off and need to be turned back on. In the past, I have never had to restart a firewall each day. Is there a solution that keeps both of these firewalls turned on?

:)

GeorgeGregory1, May 31, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, May 31, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 31, 2019
  4. Anne Fuj Win User

Firewall issues

Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Firewall issues

1. Firewall issues - Similar Threads - Firewall issues

2. KB5029263 Firewall profile issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5029263 Firewall profile issue: Hello, since update KB5029263 we are experiencing problems with the Windows firewall. Indeed, when we are connected via wifi for example in a meeting and we return to our office via wired connection, the wired network is detected by the firewall as Public :This seems to be a...
  3. KB5029263 Firewall profile issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5029263 Firewall profile issue: Hello, since update KB5029263 we are experiencing problems with the Windows firewall. Indeed, when we are connected via wifi for example in a meeting and we return to our office via wired connection, the wired network is detected by the firewall as Public :This seems to be a...
  4. firewall issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    firewall issue: someone help. my firewall list is all different to how it used to be and the apps i want there aren’t there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-issue/693a369f-eed3-4e95-8548-413a910948ee
  5. firewall issue

firewall issue: someone help. my firewall list is all different to how it used to be and the apps i want there aren’t there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-issue/693a369f-eed3-4e95-8548-413a910948ee
  6. Windows 11 - Windows Defender Firewall issue

Windows 11 - Windows Defender Firewall issue: Windows 11 - Windows Defender Firewall is preventing being able to scan directly from printer/scanner to laptop when the firewall is on. How can the device get access to allow the scan? It will only work when the firewall is turned off.?...
  7. Windows 11 - Windows Defender Firewall issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows Defender Firewall issue: Windows 11 - Windows Defender Firewall is preventing being able to scan directly from printer/scanner to laptop when the firewall is on. How can the device get access to allow the scan? It will only work when the firewall is turned off.?...
  8. Windows Server 2019-Firewall issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019-Firewall issues: Hi Team,Requesting help on the Server-2019 firewall, as it is automatically resetting itself to default within seconds and when I'm creating any rule or allowing any app through it, it is resetting itself to default settings and deletes all the rules which I'm creating.Note...
  9. Windows Server 2019-Firewall issues

Windows Server 2019-Firewall issues: Hi Team,Requesting help on the Server-2019 firewall, as it is automatically resetting itself to default within seconds and when I'm creating any rule or allowing any app through it, it is resetting itself to default settings and deletes all the rules which I'm creating.Note...
  10. Does the print nightmare issue apply to a private network with a firewall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does the print nightmare issue apply to a private network with a firewall: My apologies if I'm asking a question which has already been solved but it is eluding me. I have several windows 10 PC's networked at home and connected to a dedicated router which is then connected a cable modem. I'm intentionally not using the modem as a router. I have a...