Windows 10: firewall misbehaving and not letting apps to connect to network

Discus and support firewall misbehaving and not letting apps to connect to network in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I use a DELL laptop running on windows 10 latest update. Since I updated it doesn't let me use apps like Spotify that requires a connection to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShobhitSharma2, Nov 23, 2018.

1. firewall misbehaving and not letting apps to connect to network

Hi, I use a DELL laptop running on windows 10 latest update.

Since I updated it doesn't let me use apps like Spotify that requires a connection to the internet to run live.

So can anyone help me out?

ShobhitSharma

:)

ShobhitSharma2, Nov 23, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Restraint trafic and applications to access internet with Firewall when connected with Dial Up SAT connexion

Hi,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to block apps and programs from accessing network connection through Windows Firewall:

• Open Control Panel and click System and Security.
    • On the Windows Firewall page, select Allow a program through Windows Firewall.
    • Uncheck the box to the left of the application names to disallow them from accessing network connection.
    • If other programs are not listed, just click Allow another program/app button to add them.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

firewall misbehaving and not letting apps to connect to network

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

firewall misbehaving and not letting apps to connect to network

1. firewall misbehaving and not letting apps to connect to network - Similar Threads - firewall misbehaving letting

2. firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet: Hi, recently I've encountered a problem with my wi-fi. It occurs only on one computer in my LAN. It says that the computer is connected to wi-fi without the internet. I noticed that during connection something weird happens in firewall https://imgur.com/a/yxasFKTNew ones are...
  3. firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet: Hi, recently I've encountered a problem with my wi-fi. It occurs only on one computer in my LAN. It says that the computer is connected to wi-fi without the internet. I noticed that during connection something weird happens in firewall https://imgur.com/a/yxasFKTNew ones are...
  4. firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. bypass "lets connect you to a network"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bypass "lets connect you to a network": Hi,I'm trying to bypass the screen "lets connect you to a network" to install windows 10 on my machine. I've tried 3 different ways as follows:ALT + F4 - My machine just tries to connect to the internet even though I'm not connected to any internet connection.SHIFT + F10 -...
  6. bypass "lets connect you to a network"

bypass "lets connect you to a network": Hi,I'm trying to bypass the screen "lets connect you to a network" to install windows 10 on my machine. I've tried 3 different ways as follows:ALT + F4 - My machine just tries to connect to the internet even though I'm not connected to any internet connection.SHIFT + F10 -...
  7. bypass "lets connect you to a network"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. network firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network firewall: does anyone know to turn on network firewall i have hp laptop and on my hp assistant says windows securty not secure. how do i fix that. i have windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-firewall/1e0d7736-5d1a-497a-ab70-d5f434510acc
  9. network firewall

network firewall: does anyone know to turn on network firewall i have hp laptop and on my hp assistant says windows securty not secure. how do i fix that. i have windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-firewall/1e0d7736-5d1a-497a-ab70-d5f434510acc
  10. network/ firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network/ firewall: I need to configure the local windows firewall on windows 10 computer. which network category needs to have the most stringent rules set? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-firewall/283f775a-eac6-4586-9e96-2aacc599e7f2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender firewall not lettings apps use wife