Windows 10: Firewall missing and numerous other issues.

Discus and support Firewall missing and numerous other issues. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I am hoping for some help. I dont know what happened to my laptop and I could really use help fixing it without haveing to take it in to the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EmDee8907, Jan 17, 2020.

1. EmDee8907 Win User

Firewall missing and numerous other issues.

Hello I am hoping for some help. I dont know what happened to my laptop and I could really use help fixing it without haveing to take it in to the computer shop or losing everything.

So I hadnt used my computer in a while but I left it on so something happened.

I can follow instructions pretty well and the first thing I noticed it the windows firewall is gone.

other problems are My microsoft store is missing
    I cant open task manager (its grayed out)
    when I first reboot the computer the registry editior pops up.

so everything I have read on the MS site suggests creating a media installation. her is the problem I have the program installed and go through al the prompts and it never installs the software to my USB drive. I have waited hours and nothing. So I am at a total loss.

I got the laptop from my mom so she never made any kind of backup. I really hope someone can help me fix this without losing my info. I have also ran antivirus and nothing came up.

My computer details:
    HP Desktop F02L93V
    HP 15 Notebook PC
    Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362. 535)
    64 bit
    Antivirus Avast

:)

EmDee8907, Jan 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 firewall missing

So somewhere a while ago I had some issues with Windows core functionality missing and today I am troubleshooting. I believe that at some point I had a malware issue that I have since resolved, and that malware removed several key components.

Issues:

• Windows Update always fails to install updates
    • Create media with the media creation tool always hangs @ 0%
    • Can't turn on Windows Firewall (service is missing in services app)
    • Can't reinstate windows firewall via admin CMD "Rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf" and firewall reset... service is still not there.
    • Downloading and running the windows firewall troubleshooter results in finding the issue that the firewall is not running, but has a red x and says issue not fixed.

Windows update and create media creation issues appear to be tied back to the firewall issue. I can't download anything to help because I'm missing the firewall, and can't seem to reinstate it.

I'm running windows 10.

Concillian, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Firewall missing

So somewhere a while ago I had some issues with Windows core functionality missing and today I am troubleshooting. I believe that at some point I had a malware issue that I have since resolved via Malwarebytes and ESET, and that malware appears to have
    removed several key components.

Issues:

• Windows Update always fails to install updates
    • Create media with the media creation tool always hangs @ 0%
    • Can't turn on Windows Firewall (service is missing in services app)
    • Can't reinstate windows firewall via admin CMD "Rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf" and firewall reset... service is still not there.
    • Can't restart firewall via 'netsh advfirewall reset' (because it doesn't appear to exist)
    • Downloading and running the windows firewall troubleshooter results in finding the issue that the firewall is not running, but has a red x and says issue not fixed.

Windows update and media creation tool issues appear to be tied back to the firewall issue. I can't download anything to help because I'm missing the firewall, and can't seem to reinstate it.

I'm running windows 10.

Concillian, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Firewall missing and numerous other issues.

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Firewall missing and numerous other issues.

1. Firewall missing and numerous other issues. - Similar Threads - Firewall missing numerous

2. Numerous missing dll files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numerous missing dll files?: Can somebody assist me with this?I tried playing some games on my computer the other day, but every time I opened one, multiple errors appeared, including MF.dll, MFPlat.dll, MFReadWrite.dll, and ResampleDmo.dll being missing. This might be fixed by reinstalling the program....
  3. Numerous missing dll files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numerous missing dll files?: Can somebody assist me with this?I tried playing some games on my computer the other day, but every time I opened one, multiple errors appeared, including MF.dll, MFPlat.dll, MFReadWrite.dll, and ResampleDmo.dll being missing. This might be fixed by reinstalling the program....
  4. recovery partition missing and other issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery partition missing and other issues: My Alienware laptop bought last christmas now says I dont have tcm 2.0 . System is the admin account recovery partition was removed help please Alienware m15 R4...
  5. recovery partition missing and other issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recovery partition missing and other issues: My Alienware laptop bought last christmas now says I dont have tcm 2.0 . System is the admin account recovery partition was removed help please Alienware m15 R4...
  6. Numeric Pad issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric Pad issue: The problem I am facing is that my numeric pad keys 0 & 5 are not working on notepad, word etc. but it is working on the windows start search bar I have even rested my pc and still I am facing this issue. Please tell me how to fix it....
  7. Firewall won’t turn back on / other potential issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall won’t turn back on / other potential issues.: Firewall/ other potential issues This first started last night, I tried to play a game but it was being super slow and laggy so I restarted the device. Still was super slow upon restart, so I gave up for the night and when to bed. Next morning, absolutely nothing is right....
  8. Numerical Display issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numerical Display issue: I don't know what happened or why this is happening but some of the numbers on my screen like the volume level numbers and some in random ppaces throughout the settings menu are backwards, upside down and some turn into weird symbols. I've tried searching for several hours...
  9. numeric keypad issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    numeric keypad issue: I have a Australian purchased HP x360 Envy laptop and the numeric keypad decimal point key displays a comma when typing. I use the numeric keypad input quite a lot being a mathematics teacher and I wish to change the comma to a decimal point permanently. Can someone help me...
  10. Firewall missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall missing: This is about Windows 8.1, which I'm half thinking of upgrading to TP. A few months ago after a couple of updates the Firewall went missing in action, I don't think its Malware, I've checked with heaps of Malware programmes, and it was straight after an update. I've tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Rundll32 s etupapi InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf