Windows 10: firewall ,need to allow program through wall ,

Discus and support firewall ,need to allow program through wall , in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; nedd to allow program through firewall... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LarrySaim, Jun 2, 2020.

1. LarrySaim Win User

firewall ,need to allow program through wall ,

nedd to allow program through firewall

:)

LarrySaim, Jun 2, 2020

2. Problem allowing program through firewall in Windows 10.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persists with a particular program?

• Did you check if you are facing similar issue when you allow other programs through the firewall?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists if you allow other program to allow through the firewall and when on reboot the program is disabled.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact the program developer and check with the program settings.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 2, 2020
  3. alan93 Win User
    Firewall no longer allowing "Allowed" program on Inbound Rule

Using Windows 10 and trying to allow a program to access my computer remotely through a specified port.

This used to work by allowing it in the firewall settings and turning on both public and private firewalls.

Now I have to turn off the public firewall to allow it to access my computer remotely even though it is in the inbound rules list with :

Profile: Private, Public

Enabled: Yes

Action: Allow:

Program: [path to program]

Everything else : any

This allowing used to work but now it doesn't.

alan93, Jun 2, 2020
  4. firewall ,need to allow program through wall ,

Windows 10 Firewall - how to add allowed programs?

Hi,

Let's try to resolve your concern. Follow the steps below on how you can add/allow Firewall exceptions on your device:

• Search for Firewall using Cortana or the Search bar.
    • In the Windows Firewall window, choose
      Allow an app or feature through
      Windows Firewall.
    • Click the Change Settings button, and then select the apps on your device that you want to allow or be exempted on the
      Firewall.
    • Click OK and then the Close button to close the
      Windows Firewall window.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

firewall ,need to allow program through wall ,

1. firewall ,need to allow program through wall , - Similar Threads - firewall need allow

2. Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.: I am trying to allow an app through my firewall but when I go to the settings the options are all grayed out and I can't figure out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-through-firewall-is-grayed-out/d47ccb51-c94f-4218-9e7e-393ce15aa1ca
  3. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  4. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  5. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?: I'm tired of seeing the message that my firewall is disabled all the time. Is there a simply rule or rules that I can apply to the firewall that will allow all traffic to flow both ways? I have a hardware firewall that keeps the network safe, so the Windows firewall isn't...
  7. Allow local connections through firewall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow local connections through firewall: Hi, I'm not sure where else to ask this. I want to be able to view my local website projects (I'm using WAMP server v.3) from other devices on the same network, so I can review my projects on my laptop and phone. I've followed these instructions which work great, but I found...
  8. Brother printer not allowed through firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brother printer not allowed through firewall: After a tech support call with Brother it was determined that the firewall is blocking the printer communication. I have had it USB wired and now wireless with the same issue. I know I can allow an app or feature through windows defender firewall but the printer is not...
  9. allowing a webpage through firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    allowing a webpage through firewall: I am trying to access a webpage and do not know how to allow it through either my Chrome firewall or my Bitdefender. Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings....
  10. Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.: Hello, I have several ports that need to be open for the uses of software, but the thing is, i dont know how to do through windows firewall and that ports number are TCP OR UDP? Kindly someone can help me with this? Port number is 442 443 48009 48100 48101 48102...