Windows 10: Firewall & Network Protection

Discus and support Firewall & Network Protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We updated our application that runs Windows updates on our domain, and it is starting to update our computers. In doing so, we are starting to get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jfdpratt, May 20, 2020.

1. jfdpratt Win User

Firewall & Network Protection

We updated our application that runs Windows updates on our domain, and it is starting to update our computers. In doing so, we are starting to get warnings on all of our computers. It is an extreme nuisance since it pops up with an audible tone about every 10-15 seconds. We have all the Firewalls turned off on our domain, so we are aware that it is turned off.

This never happened before we corrected our issue with updates, so I'm not sure what is now causing it. I created a GPO to turn off all Windows Security Notifications, just to see if that would resolve the symptom while we research the cause, but that didn't seem to help. We have had a few that have stopped the pop-up, but we don't know why. Just looking for a little direction. I can't believe we are the only ones that have seen this.

Firewall & Network Protection 7e24eda8-515a-49de-b66f-15e6ab1d09eb?upload=true.jpg

:)

jfdpratt, May 20, 2020

2. firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 20, 2020
  3. xalkos Win User
    firewall & network protection problem

Hello

On firewall & network protection panel the advanced settings link does not respond and I can not restore firewalls to default because the respective link is unresponsive also.

Thank you

xalkos, May 20, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Firewall & Network Protection - Similar Threads - Firewall Network Protection

2. Firewall & Network Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall & Network Protection: Is Norton 360 safe to use with Windows 10 PRO or what is the best Firewall & Network Protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-network-protection/5314bae0-bf34-4fff-9549-da415a173697
  3. regarding firewall and network protection

regarding firewall and network protection: Hi, I am getting pop-up regarding firewall every time when I turn on my PC regarding firewall. It quotes like this "Windows firewall and McAfee firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options". Then I tried to turn on manually but its not responding. when...
  4. firewall and network protection notification

firewall and network protection notification: firewall and network protection notification is not working I turned it on the domain network private network and the public network it says that the firewall is off even its on and my computer is lag...
  5. I get a notification for "Firewall and Network Protection"

I get a notification for "Firewall and Network Protection": I have 2 issues with Windows Firewall. 1 I get a notification for "Firewall and Network Protection" Turn on Windows Firewall Windows Firewall is turned off Tap or click to turn it on By tapping it takes me to the settings page that says the firewall in ON...
  6. Firewall & network protection

Firewall & network protection: At startup windows 10 Windows firewall and MacAfee firewall are turned off. MacAfee confirmed firewall is on. Windows is off. How can this be verified and corrected? Thank you....
  7. Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection: So, in talking to a Support Tech today regarding my inability to have a WIFI Extender show up on my Network Connection for Spectrum WIFI, I was told I needed to allow them to sign in remotely to check out the problem. I did, and was told after 20 mins of tech performing...
  8. How to disable Firewall & Network Protection Notifications

How to disable Firewall & Network Protection Notifications: Hello, I would like to disable the windows 10 Firewall & Network Protection notification from asking me every few minutes to turn it back on. I have done many searches online and done everything that others have listed to fix this problem but after everything I can, it still...
  9. firewall & network protection problem

firewall & network protection problem: Hello On firewall & network protection panel the advanced settings link does not respond and I can not restore firewalls to default because the respective link is unresponsive also. Thank you...
  10. Firewall & Network protection doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Firewall & Network protection doesn't work: Hello, I had several anti-virus programs installed on my computer. Recently a friend told me it is better to have the regular firewall that Microsoft offers. so I uninstalled them and tried to run the default one, but it didn't work. it says: "Action needed in AVG update...