Windows 10: Firewall not working

Discus and support Firewall not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I m using windows 10 hp laptop My windows firewall is turned off and is no turning on now. When I try to choose an option to turn it on, it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HeniPatel, Nov 14, 2019.

1. HeniPatel Win User

Firewall not working

I m using windows 10 hp laptop

My windows firewall is turned off and is no turning on now.

When I try to choose an option to turn it on, it doesn't work.

Even the wifi status appears as a dashed line.

When I turn on network discovery and save changes it turns it off again.

PLZZZ HELP ME OUT. I cannot use it since a week due to no wifi connection

:)

HeniPatel, Nov 14, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Firewall not working

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Firewall not working

1. Firewall not working - Similar Threads - Firewall working

2. Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update: Hello,I recently tried installing an app from the Microsoft Store, and the install failed. It gave me this error code: 0x800706D9I did some digging, and it seems that the issue lies with Windows Defender Firewall. I attempted to open WDF, and also got error code 0x800706D9...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update: Hello,I recently tried installing an app from the Microsoft Store, and the install failed. It gave me this error code: 0x800706D9I did some digging, and it seems that the issue lies with Windows Defender Firewall. I attempted to open WDF, and also got error code 0x800706D9...
  4. Windows firewall duplicates the 5ghz network, 2.4ghz works fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows firewall duplicates the 5ghz network, 2.4ghz works fine: Works fine on mobile phones and my console tho https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-duplicates-the-5ghz-network-24ghz/6e3fa20e-ff8e-48cc-a355-e246e088bc88
  5. Windows firewall duplicates the 5ghz network, 2.4ghz works fine

Windows firewall duplicates the 5ghz network, 2.4ghz works fine: Works fine on mobile phones and my console tho https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-duplicates-the-5ghz-network-24ghz/6e3fa20e-ff8e-48cc-a355-e246e088bc88
  6. Firewall recommended settings not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall recommended settings not working: when I open windows defender firewall it says I need to update my firewall settings when I click on use recommended settings it shows loading on my mouse then it doesn’t do anything I cant update apps search on safari and I cant reset my pc how do i fix this...
  7. Firewall recommended settings not working

Firewall recommended settings not working: when I open windows defender firewall it says I need to update my firewall settings when I click on use recommended settings it shows loading on my mouse then it doesn’t do anything I cant update apps search on safari and I cant reset my pc how do i fix this...
  8. Firewall recommended settings not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Nothing works when I have Defender's firewall service on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing works when I have Defender's firewall service on...: I want my firewall to be set up so only specific programs have the ability to access the internet... I set the firewall to block all connections that I haven't allowed; as well as having it notify me every time a program is blocked... When I use the Feedback hub or the...
  10. Nothing works when I have Defender's firewall service on...

Nothing works when I have Defender's firewall service on...: I want my firewall to be set up so only specific programs have the ability to access the internet... I set the firewall to block all connections that I haven't allowed; as well as having it notify me every time a program is blocked... When I use the Feedback hub or the...