Windows 10: firewall or "controlled folder access'.

Discus and support firewall or "controlled folder access'. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know when problem started. Recently went into Family Tree Maker to do update. Windows does not allow. Even after turning off or disabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by K049, Nov 12, 2018.

1. K049 Win User

firewall or "controlled folder access'.

I don't know when problem started. Recently went into Family Tree Maker to do update. Windows does not allow. Even after turning off or disabling all firewall and virus settings and resetting. Trying to do update corrupts the application. 'Unauthorized changes blocked.' Not really able to do in depth changes to settings other than above due to ignorance and fear! Thanks for any help or suggestions.

:)

2. Jsssssssss, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Is anyone using Windows Defender Controlled folder access?

You could usefully add event ID 1127 to that list...

firewall or "controlled folder access'. [​IMG]

4. AndreTen Win User

Is anyone using Windows Defender Controlled folder access?

Thanks for bringing out that 1127.. This event (blocking memory) isn't listed in Controlled folder access events, yet it occurs from time to time. And I don't notice any side effects of it... *Confused

It is triggered (on my system) by hwinfo, powercfg, UUP2ISO, nothing to do with Controlled folders, but memory.

AndreTen, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. firewall or "controlled folder access'. - Similar Threads - firewall controlled folder

2. controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controlled folder access: When trying to open Controlled Folder Access, a window opened that said the IT administrator had restricted access to this page. The computer is my personal PC and I have no IT Administrator. How do I retrieve access to this page?...
  3. controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Customization
    controlled folder access: When trying to open Controlled Folder Access, a window opened that said the IT administrator had restricted access to this page. The computer is my personal PC and I have no IT Administrator. How do I retrieve access to this page?...
  4. controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    controlled folder access: My real-time protection, cloud-delivered protection, automatic sample submission, tamper protections all are off. I try to on it. but it doesn't work. It says to on the controlled folder access. but when I try to on that option. it doesn't work. It says, "protects files,...
  5. Controlled Folder Access

Controlled Folder Access: Hi. I've been using Controlled Folder Access recently but I'm having a problem getting one application to change/create files. I use doPDF8 to create PDF files, but when CFA is active, it won't save my work. The notice explaining that something has tried accessing the folder...
  6. CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS: MY CONTOLLED FOLDER ACCESS WILL NOT TURN ON https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controlled-folder-access/7c2fdde9-b968-47ee-88b5-b8411d7e02b9
  7. Controlled Folder Access

Controlled Folder Access: Why is Win 10 suddenly blocking access to all games in my STEAM folder? I have to constantly add each and every game I access to the add access in controlled folders. I understand that I can turn it off (which I don't want to do). I have already given permission for...
  8. Controlled Folder Access

Controlled Folder Access: Trying to use Controlled Folder access on a couple of machines. I am running into an issue where after about a day defender notifications no longer appear in the action center nor are they logged by defender in event viewer. If i look in event viewer at the defender...
  9. Controlled folder access

Controlled folder access: For some reason, this little pop up saying controlled folder access blocked c:\Program and involves Dropbox, I have no idea what this means or how to make it stop, why does it keep popping up? Is it bad?...
  10. Controlled folder access

Controlled folder access: For the last week the controlled folder access is blocking my Quicken program from updating or downloading anything. When I click on the notice it takes me to the allow app but when I open that to choose to allow app nothing is there! I really need to use my Quicken. How do...