Windows 10: firewall problem cant fix

Discus and support firewall problem cant fix in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone. My windows 10 firewall is not working and i cant activate it in any way. Anyone had this problem before? Think it all started when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hungry_Yak633, May 22, 2023.

1. firewall problem cant fix

Hey everyone. My windows 10 firewall is not working and i cant activate it in any way. Anyone had this problem before? Think it all started when i removed premium Kaspersky. I cant even install free kaspersky anymore (get some error at the start of the install). Tried to install malware bytes and no way too (says it could not subscribe to windows firewall control service - service not available). I have no idea how to fix this, any help is welcome ty.

submitted by /u/Hungry_Yak633
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hungry_Yak633, May 22, 2023

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, May 22, 2023
  3. Windows 10 account problems and Windows firewall problems get the error code 0x800706D9

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The error “0x800706D9” will result when the Windows Firewall/ICS service is in a stopped state.

As you are facing issues with the Xbox app and the Windows Firewall I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check.

The app troubleshooter will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, or if you're unable to open the Store, try running the
    Apps troubleshooter.

This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

This error is by design. Most users who want to disable the Windows Firewall will use the Windows Firewall wizard and set the firewall to "Off" rather than disabling the Firewall/ICS service directly. When the Windows Firewall/ICS service is stopped you
    cannot even launch the Windows Firewall wizard.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R for Run.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall and then set it to
      Automatic.
    Hope this information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you

Anup Karkal, May 22, 2023
  4. firewall problem cant fix

Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, May 22, 2023
Thema:

firewall problem cant fix

1. firewall problem cant fix - Similar Threads - firewall problem cant

2. Firewall Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall Problems: Is there a way to stop applications editing my firewall settings? In particular I have one application that adds rules every time it powers-up, so over time it litters the firewall with hundreds of similar entries. 179865
  3. Firewall Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Problems: Is there a way to stop applications editing my firewall settings? In particular I have one application that adds rules every time it powers-up, so over time it litters the firewall with hundreds of similar entries. 179865
  4. firewall problem

firewall problem: windows keeps telling me the firewall is turned off when checked it's on. help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-problem/6a0ee76c-af62-4fc9-8bdc-808d58368a15"
  5. FIREWALL PROBLEM

FIREWALL PROBLEM: I HAVE RECENTLY BROUGHT A LAPTOP AND FOR FIREWALL I CHOSED McA FREE SECURITY BUT IN SETTIONGS WHEN I SWITCH FOR TURN ON IT IS NOT GETTING TURNED ON AND I AM GETTING NOTIFICATIONS REGARDING THIS AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH McA FREE...
  6. Problems with the firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with the firewall: I try to listen to music by spotify and since yesterday it has not been possible. I get an error message that says: Please modify your firewall to allow Spotify traffic (Error 101). How could I modify my firewall in Windows 10?...
  7. Firewall Problem

Firewall Problem: Hello- Looking for help to turn on our firewall (also not sure how or when it was turned off). We get a message that security and maintenance cannot turn on firewall. Error code is: 0x8007045b Additional Error code is: 0x45b and reads "a system shutdown is in process"...
  8. problems with a firewall

problems with a firewall: Good morning everyone so is that I live in islannd and have a little computer problem I hope you can help me with that.My son has been disorienting something in a setting for the network, I think, I can't go to youtub or Netflix It starts loding but nothing happens But when...
  9. Cant turn on firewall

Cant turn on firewall: Hey I am sitting here with this problem where i cant turn on the firewall. Every time i try to press "use recommended settings" it says "some of the settings werent correct and can not be changed by windows defender firewall. Error code 0x8007045b" I have been in the...
  10. SFC cant fix my problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC cant fix my problems: Hi, SFC reports that there are corrupt files but cant fix them. I'm having problems with my store, being stuck on "acquiring license" and with windows update saying it cant check for updates because its trying to install updates already. I've tried various sfc commands...