Windows 10: Firewall problems with Spotify

Discus and support Firewall problems with Spotify in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried to pull up Spotify and listen to some tunes and it keeps giving me an error, saying that my Firewalls need to be changed. I've had no trouble... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PamelaTorres2, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Firewall problems with Spotify

I tried to pull up Spotify and listen to some tunes and it keeps giving me an error, saying that my Firewalls need to be changed. I've had no trouble getting into any other site. This is a first, and it's extremely frustrating. I'm not gadget-savvy, so I'm not sure what I need to do. I have wifi/internet connection and can get anywhere else I need to go, just not Spotify.

When I put www.spotify.com in my browser, it changes to this:

http://wired.meraki.com:8090/blocke...://www.spotify.com/&blocked_categories=bc_025

and the screen looks like this:

This site can’t be reached

wired.meraki.com took too long to respond.

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking the proxy and the firewall
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
    ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

:)

PamelaTorres2, Feb 1, 2020

2. Problems with the firewall

Hi JohnTsang.

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor.

I would like to help you.

If you have problems connecting Spotify to the internet, you can try modifying the Firewall to open the ports of exit to the application with the following steps:

1. Open the group policy management console in Windows Defender Firewall with advanced security.

2. In the navigation pane, click on Rules of entry.

3. Search "Spotify" in the list.

4. Double click on "Spotify" to see the Properties.

5. Click on the "Advanced" tab.

There may be the option to specify whether the network is 'Home / Private' or 'Public'.

6. Choose 'Private'.

7. Click Ok.

Let me know if it was helpful

DouglasMillar69, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Cortana - Spotify problem

So when I tell Cortana to play a song on spotify she does successfully finds the songs but doesn't actually play it. She just brings up spotify without changing the song.

I found this fix:

• 1. Unlink Cortana (in her settings)
    • 2. Revoke Cortana app access (via accounts.spotify.com), and while you're logged on...
    • 3. Set up an App Password especially if you're using facebook to log in (this may not be neccessary, but I did so just to circumvent all potnetial issues).
    • 4. Uninstall Spotify

5. Install Spotify from the Windows Store (I believe the actual cause of the issue is that those of us with the problem probably installed from the Spotify Installer download, rather than
      the Windows Store).
    • 6. Launch and log in to the Spotify app with the app password you created in step three.

7. Link Cortana using the app password you created in step three.
    • 8. Restart your computer (my Cortana didn't think Spotify was installed until I did so).

9. Enjoy hands-free music browsing!

The problem with this tho is that it only works untill i shut down/restart the PC. After that I need to redo this all again in order for it to work and its really frustrating to do this everytime I open my computer.

DanLevitchi, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Firewall problems with Spotify

Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Firewall problems with Spotify

1. Firewall problems with Spotify - Similar Threads - Firewall problems Spotify

2. A firewall may be blocking Spotify, Error code 30

in Windows 10 News
    A firewall may be blocking Spotify, Error code 30: [ATTACH]In this post, we’re going to talk about this error which you may see while trying to play Spotify music on your Windows 11/10 PC – A firewall may be blocking Spotify, Error code 30. Spotify is among the best platform to stream music online. It is available for both...
  3. Firewall Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Problems: Is there a way to stop applications editing my firewall settings? In particular I have one application that adds rules every time it powers-up, so over time it litters the firewall with hundreds of similar entries. 179865
  4. Spotify being blocked kindof by Windows firewall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spotify being blocked kindof by Windows firewall: Windows firewall has blocked some features on this app I have my account set in the right region And i have my network set to private Is there any problems? I downloaded the second link I seen on Google chrome ( The first one was an ad) and the site was titled Spotify:...
  5. firewall problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firewall problem: windows keeps telling me the firewall is turned off when checked it's on. help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-problem/6a0ee76c-af62-4fc9-8bdc-808d58368a15"
  6. Cortana - Spotify problem

in Cortana
    Cortana - Spotify problem: So when I tell Cortana to play a song on spotify she does successfully finds the songs but doesn't actually play it. She just brings up spotify without changing the song. I found this fix: 1. Unlink Cortana (in her settings) 2. Revoke Cortana app access (via...
  7. Problems with the firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with the firewall: I try to listen to music by spotify and since yesterday it has not been possible. I get an error message that says: Please modify your firewall to allow Spotify traffic (Error 101). How could I modify my firewall in Windows 10?...
  8. Firewall Problem

Firewall Problem: Hello- Looking for help to turn on our firewall (also not sure how or when it was turned off). We get a message that security and maintenance cannot turn on firewall. Error code is: 0x8007045b Additional Error code is: 0x45b and reads "a system shutdown is in process"...
  9. problems with a firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problems with a firewall: Good morning everyone so is that I live in islannd and have a little computer problem I hope you can help me with that.My son has been disorienting something in a setting for the network, I think, I can't go to youtub or Netflix It starts loding but nothing happens But when...
  10. Firewall blocking GOOGLE, STEAM, SPOTIFY

Firewall blocking GOOGLE, STEAM, SPOTIFY: This started occurring a few weeks ago and my co-worker advised me to check out this site to seek any help. My google chrome all of a sudden stopped working, so I had uninstalled and attempted to reinstall it but it would give me the following error "Unable to connect to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spotify firewall

2. spotify firewall error