Windows 10: Firewall rule to allow /24

Discus and support Firewall rule to allow /24 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to use this notation in a firewall rule? I am having issues with homegroup telling me the computer joined to the home group is currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelRay, Jan 6, 2016.

1. MelRay Win User

Firewall rule to allow /24

Is it possible to use this notation in a firewall rule? I am having issues with homegroup telling me the computer joined to the home group is currently unavailable even though they are set not to hibernate/sleep. If I disable the firewall(s) then try I can connect to from one computer to another homegroup share. So I think there is an issue with the firewall rule(s). What I want to do is add a rule that says all computers in class C range 192.168.1.XXX /24 are allowed. I'm not sure how to accomplish this as I'm no networking guru. I understand the concept I think though.*Confused

:)

MelRay, Jan 6, 2016

2. Windows Firewall inbound rule - allow connections from named computer

OK, thank you - I just did. I'll see what traction I get there; the forum seems to be for IT professionals. (My first thought was to post to MSDN, which I have used in the past for development questions, but that didn't seem appropriate for a "home use"
    question.) Cheers, mathguy

mathguy-ro, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Windows Firewall inbound rule - allow connections from named computer

Hi,

It is possible to setup a firewall even if you have dynamically assigned IP address. For more information, kindly post your inquiry in the
    Microsoft TechNet.

Keep us posted.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Jan 6, 2016
Thema:

Firewall rule to allow /24

1. Firewall rule to allow /24 - Similar Threads - Firewall rule allow

2. Firewall Rules to Allow Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Firewall Rules to Allow Microsoft Store: Hi,We have our firewall set to block all traffic, what addresses can we add to the firewall to allow access to Microsoft Store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules-to-allow-microsoft-store/b65afe65-536e-4355-9794-16ccdedc1be3
  3. Firewall Rules to Allow Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall Rules to Allow Microsoft Store: Hi,We have our firewall set to block all traffic, what addresses can we add to the firewall to allow access to Microsoft Store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules-to-allow-microsoft-store/b65afe65-536e-4355-9794-16ccdedc1be3
  4. Firewall Rules to Allow Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  6. Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?

Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?: I'm tired of seeing the message that my firewall is disabled all the time. Is there a simply rule or rules that I can apply to the firewall that will allow all traffic to flow both ways? I have a hardware firewall that keeps the network safe, so the Windows firewall isn't...
  7. Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules: I am having a persistent, ongoing problem with allowing apps through Windows Defender Firewall (Windows 10 Pro 1809). Basically, the firewall is not remembering when I add an app to the list. From the control panel I am going to "Allow apps to communicate through Windows...
  8. Firewall Rules

Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  9. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  10. Smartscreen blocked by firewall - how to add rule to allow?

Smartscreen blocked by firewall - how to add rule to allow?: Hello I have my firewall configured to block outbound connections that don't meet a rule. Although there are the default rules for Smartscreen still enabled, smartscreen still gives it's error message "Windows smartscreen can't be reached right now". If I enable all outbound...