Windows 10: Firewall rules applied by Group Policy show as "Extra Registry Setting

Discus and support Firewall rules applied by Group Policy show as "Extra Registry Setting in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey Guys (Group Policy set via Windows Server 2019 (1809 templates installed, Clients are Windows 10 1809) For any Firewall rules I set via Group... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ancient, May 21, 2020.

1. ancient Win User

Firewall rules applied by Group Policy show as "Extra Registry Setting

Hey Guys

(Group Policy set via Windows Server 2019 (1809 templates installed, Clients are Windows 10 1809)
    For any Firewall rules I set via Group Policy, on the client they show as "Extra Registry Settings" in RSOP

Can anyone please confirm if this is correct/ how it should be?

Thanks for any info.

:)

ancient, May 21, 2020

2. Windows Firewall - Managed by Group Policy but not showing as checked locally

Hello all,

Hoping for some assistance. Got a port that has been set up as an inbound rule via group policy and this applies successfully and shows up within Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security.

However, under Windows Defender Firewall, Allowed Applications, it does show up, but not checked? Obviously this can't be changed here due to being managed by group policy setting.

Any idea why it's not showing as checked and how to fix?

Many thanks,

Carl

Firewall rules applied by Group Policy show as "Extra Registry Setting d6459a7a-267f-4f20-a10a-d3ed49bce8e4?upload=true.png

Firewall rules applied by Group Policy show as "Extra Registry Setting f71dc929-7633-4840-8197-62df8a896b46?upload=true.png

Carl Allen (carl.allen), May 21, 2020
  3. TwuTu Win User
    Windows Firewall: Doesn't show blocking rules

Hello!

Today I've blocked all connections of a program by creating a outbound rule in Windows Firewall. However, I now wish to remove it. The problem: I can't find that newly created rule anywhere in the list. The rule does take an effect, since deactivating the
    Firewall lets the program run properly. I can only see rules in the list that "allow" stuff, but not those who block things.

What I have tried so far:

- All filters set to "Show all" within the Firewall

- Created the same rule again, doesn't show up

- Created a rule that allows the program, shows up

Any solutions?

TwuTu, May 21, 2020
  4. biatche Win User

applying local group policy

Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings.

What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users.

If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to system32\grouppolicy but im not too sure what to do after that.

biatche, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Firewall rules applied by Group Policy show as "Extra Registry Setting - Similar Threads - Firewall rules applied

2. Apply local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apply local firewall rules: Hi We have a group policy and what it does is it allows local firewall rules for public and private profile.How do I do this via Intune?I attached an image.RegardsShaun...
  3. Apply local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apply local firewall rules: Hi We have a group policy and what it does is it allows local firewall rules for public and private profile.How do I do this via Intune?I attached an image.RegardsShaun...
  4. Apply local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Local Registry Settings and Local Group Policies do not get applied to All Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Registry Settings and Local Group Policies do not get applied to All Users: I did some customization for Task bar and Other File Explorer Settings through Group Policy and Registry , but none of this is gets applied The settings are1. Remove Search Bar in task bar2. Remove Windows Store3. Launch File Explorer to "This PC" instead of Quick Access4....
  6. Local Registry Settings and Local Group Policies do not get applied to All Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Registry Settings and Local Group Policies do not get applied to All Users: I did some customization for Task bar and Other File Explorer Settings through Group Policy and Registry , but none of this is gets applied The settings are1. Remove Search Bar in task bar2. Remove Windows Store3. Launch File Explorer to "This PC" instead of Quick Access4....
  7. Local Registry Settings and Local Group Policies do not get applied to All Users

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Firewall Rules don't apply

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall Rules don't apply: Hi. Recently, I needed to foward some ports. I attempted to add a new rule to Windows Firewall, and it didn't seem to open the port. I then tried to close a port. Didn't work either. During both of these, I turned off my router firewall. All the services are running. Help...
  9. Help with powershell/group policy - extra registry settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with powershell/group policy - extra registry settings: So i'm working on cleaning up/out a Veeeeery long running windows install. group policy, task scheduler, and event viewer touching up are on the to-do. Problem is, I cant get past the first annoyance :P So ive installed the RSAT tools to afford me the ability to clean out...
  10. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...