Windows 10: Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working.

Discus and support Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ever since I clean installed windows 10 from windows 11, ive been getting this problem where I cannot use the search bar or settings, it instantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexKugo, Jul 2, 2022.

1. AlexKugo Win User

Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working.

Ever since I clean installed windows 10 from windows 11, ive been getting this problem where I cannot use the search bar or settings, it instantly closes itself after being opened, I searched around and found something about firewall not working properly and that's when I opened Control Panel -> Firewall and realized that I had to update the settings, however when I try to press "Use Recommended" setting it gives me an error code. I can provide images in Discord because I seem to have problems uploading pictures here. Also when I start up my pc I get this "Win32bridge" error, I cannot check

:)

AlexKugo, Jul 2, 2022

2. Search not working, firewall disabled, programs not working at random?

Hello Tobarus,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you getting any error messages when you launch the said applications?
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?

Meanwhile, let's troubleshoot the issue by performing the steps below:

For the Windows Search issue:

We recommend to run the Windows built-in troubleshooter, this tool automatically diagnose and repair common problems with Windows Search.

1. Press Windows key + X, then select Control Panel.

2. On the Control Panel window, search for Troubleshooting
    and click on it.

3. On the left pane, click on View all. Select
    Search and Indexing

4. Click on Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

For the Windows Firewall issue:

This error 0x8007042coccurs when the Firewall service is disabled or if your device is infected with malware. We suggest performing the suggested workarounds on this
    article.

For the said applications that won't launch:

We recommend running the Windows Apps troubleshooter on this link.
    This tool automatically repair issues that may prevent Windows Store apps from working properly.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 2, 2022
  4. Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working.

Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working.

1. Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working. - Similar Threads - Firewall Search bar

2. My search bar and calendar aren't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar and calendar aren't working.: Calendar won't open and Search bar won't let me type anything.- Recently trying to open the calendar in the bottom right corner will not stay open longer than a couple of seconds, when I go to the search bar to open an app, after I start typing it goes away. I have...
  3. My search bar and calendar aren't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My search bar and calendar aren't working.: Calendar won't open and Search bar won't let me type anything.- Recently trying to open the calendar in the bottom right corner will not stay open longer than a couple of seconds, when I go to the search bar to open an app, after I start typing it goes away. I have...
  4. search bar and settings not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar and settings not working: my bottom left search bar is not working and when i try to open settings it closes immediately, i ran sfc /scnannow and all it said was that there was corrupt files it couldnt fix.anything would helpthanks...
  5. search bar and settings not working

search bar and settings not working: my bottom left search bar is not working and when i try to open settings it closes immediately, i ran sfc /scnannow and all it said was that there was corrupt files it couldnt fix.anything would helpthanks...
  6. Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working.

Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working.: Ever since I clean installed windows 10 from windows 11, ive been getting this problem where I cannot use the search bar or settings, it instantly closes itself after being opened, I searched around and found something about firewall not working properly and that's when I...
  7. Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working.: Ever since I clean installed windows 10 from windows 11, ive been getting this problem where I cannot use the search bar or settings, it instantly closes itself after being opened, I searched around and found something about firewall not working properly and that's when I...
  8. Start Button, Search Bar, Network settings, Settings aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Button, Search Bar, Network settings, Settings aren't working: My start button, search bar, settings are all broke, I've tried to repair windows through a usb driveI've tried to download windows from setup.exeI have tried a system point restoreI have tried fixes from these threads:Can't open settings windows 10 - Microsoft...
  9. Start Button, Search Bar, Network settings, Settings aren't working

in Cortana
    Start Button, Search Bar, Network settings, Settings aren't working: My start button, search bar, settings are all broke, I've tried to repair windows through a usb driveI've tried to download windows from setup.exeI have tried a system point restoreI have tried fixes from these threads:Can't open settings windows 10 - Microsoft...
  10. Start Button, Search Bar, Network settings, Settings aren't working