Windows 10: Firewall, Security and Antivirus are useless: My home Network was hacked and my Win 10 PC...

Discus and support Firewall, Security and Antivirus are useless: My home Network was hacked and my Win 10 PC... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Not sure where to post this? It's a problem but I'm not looking for troubleshooting technical expertise. I will be honest that ever since all those... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HmmOK, Sep 11, 2018.

1. HmmOK Win User

Firewall, Security and Antivirus are useless: My home Network was hacked and my Win 10 PC...

Not sure where to post this? It's a problem but I'm not looking for troubleshooting technical expertise.

I will be honest that ever since all those Win 10 Feature updates my computer was acting oddly.

On top of that I found out today that my home router was hacked and my PC along with it.

I had to pull the plug to stop the router.

It's to the point that I cannot access the general settings despite being the admin. I couldn't even turn off the WiFi through control panel and barely managed to do so through the device manager.

Quite a few of my files and logs have disapeared! I barely recall when looking at the network connections during this that there were a lot of connections but this seemed pretty consistently established between my "system" processes a remote https server-#-#...- flops.ru I can't recall the numbers for remote server!

Any ideas on this remote https connection to server ending in flops.ru ?

I wish that I could post some logs or some more details but I can't access much until I can access everything.

My Norton Antivirus and it's firewall didn't even detect this! I would like to know if anyone else knows what/ who is/are this external remote https server ending with "flops.ru" and because I couldn't find any info about it other than the flops term . I'm not an expert so I don't really know what to think.

I didn't have file sharing or remote access connections on. And recently only accessed and downloaded from Microsoft, Adobe, Dell, Intel, Nvidia, Norton, Malwarebytes ... Making sure the pc was up to date.

But I'm surprised upon noticing the oddities, I had run several scans from Windows Safety Scanner previously, scanned with Malwarebytes and Norton as well... Nothing showed up.

I had been using Microsoft Edge during this hijacking of my computer. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have no clue what is going on things keep getting messed up with each update and so called security measures!

I'm pretty sure that I will have to start fresh and reset and reinstall everything to recover.

:)

HmmOK, Sep 11, 2018

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Welcome to our Networking Section Firewall, Security and Antivirus are useless: My home Network was hacked and my Win 10 PC... :)

Ya... security is not networkings but...

OK!

Networking and Security Forum

FTW

PVTCaboose1337, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Firewall, Security and Antivirus are useless: My home Network was hacked and my Win 10 PC...

Windows Firewall security alert keeps popping up.

Hello,

Windows Firewall plays an important part in helping to protect your computer against virus and security threats. Your concern is cause by a conflicting changes in your security settings. However we suggest that you turn off Security messages for Network
    firewall temporarily to check if the issue persists. Follow these steps:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left side, click Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Uncheck the box on the left side of Network firewall.
    • Restart your computer.

After an hour, enable Network firewall again. We also recommend that you use another browser and check if the issue persists.

Note: If you disable Windows Firewall for a long period of time, your computer will be more vulnerable to unauthorized access to your network.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Firewall, Security and Antivirus are useless: My home Network was hacked and my Win 10 PC... - Similar Threads - Firewall Security Antivirus

2. my pc is hacked ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc is hacked ??: I have this mail sent from my mail to my mail with dated with apr 1 2031 ????? Hey my mail address, I have to share bad news with you. Approximately few months ago I have gained access to your devices, which you use for internet browsing. After that, I have started tracking...
  3. Win 10 pro downgraded to home and now my key is also useless?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 pro downgraded to home and now my key is also useless?: So I got my legion 5 pros this year, it comes with a win10 home edition. I don't like it, change into a pro with the key I purchased. It worked for a while. Until a few weeks back, I open my machine, it started with a win 10 setup screen. Didn't really pay attention to it,...
  4. home network win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home network win 10: Prior questions here have led to no answer. 2 computers on the same wifi network need to access each other. Computer that i need to access shows up on File Explorer - Network. But attempts to access give this: [ATTACH] I have tried all of my passwords, looked for something...
  5. NETWORK FIREWALL SECURITY scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NETWORK FIREWALL SECURITY scam?: I received this today in my email. There is no company name on this. I have not ordered this. What should I do? Dear customer, Thank you, for your order. This is your receipt make sure to save a copy for your records. Your order has been downloaded through online...
  6. Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection

Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection: So, in talking to a Support Tech today regarding my inability to have a WIFI Extender show up on my Network Connection for Spectrum WIFI, I was told I needed to allow them to sign in remotely to check out the problem. I did, and was told after 20 mins of tech performing...
  7. My computer does not display as a device on my home network. Win. 10

My computer does not display as a device on my home network. Win. 10: Windows 10. My computer PAUL-DELL does not display as a device on my home network. When running troubleshooter for connections, consistently fixes my Dell wireless adapter. Adapter is current with latest version. Is my computer not discoverable? Tried adding device, does not...
  8. Firewall and antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall and antivirus: How can I have both my antivirus' firewall - (Kaspersky) and Window defender's firewall at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-and-antivirus/d17b9b0e-76fb-434f-8a57-2d186544c643"
  9. Win 10 viewing Win 10 pc's on Home Network Solved

Win 10 viewing Win 10 pc's on Home Network Solved: This seems to be an issue every time Microsoft comes out with an update. or you have done a fresh install or upgrade. Fortunately I do read older posts and found the solution, but it seems a lot of confusion is still prevalent in 2018. Here's a picture with my network only...
  10. Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network

Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network: For no reason that I can figure out, my home network stopped working. I got the 'you don't have permission' message. The only way I could get it to work was to turn off the Windows Defender Domain Firewall. Both the Private and Public firewalls are still on. It is just a...