Windows 10: Firewall service is not running

Discus and support Firewall service is not running in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In my pc the windows firewall service is not running, i have tried the way which microsoft virtual agent gave but nothing happened. I also downloaded... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SahilSolanki1, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Firewall service is not running

In my pc the windows firewall service is not running, i have tried the way which microsoft virtual agent gave but nothing happened. I also downloaded an app named *windows firewall* but nothing happened. If there is another way please tell me.....

:)

SahilSolanki1, Jan 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 18, 2021
  3. How to turn windows firewall service off permanently?

When I disable the firewall service then it stays disabled. If this is different on your machine then you must have some agent that keeps re-enabling it. You now need to find this agent. Here are a few steps you need to take:

• Run services.msc and disable the service. Close services.msc, then re-open it 5 minutes later. Is the service enabled or disabled?
    • Reboot the machine into Safe Mode with Shift+Restart. Is the service enabled or disabled?

Frederik Long, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Firewall service is not running

Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9

Hi AnudieKatz.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since you are facing an issue with the Windows Defender firewall, I would like to ask you few questions to get a better picture.

1. Are you using any other Anti-virus software?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Have you tried installing Picture viewer and Calendar app after it getting uninstalled?

Based on your information, I would like to inform you that if you are using third party anti-virus program Windows defender will automatically turn off from your system you will not able turn it on manually.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1: Check the following services and ensure it is started.

1. Press Windows and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Services.msc and hit Enter.
    3. Search for the following services:
    • Base filtering engine Service
    • Remote Procedure Call Service
    • Windows defender firewall service
    4. Start the above services and reboot the device.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try running the troubleshooter to enable the firewall. Use the below link to run the troubleshooter.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...agnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall

If you are still facing the same issue after following the above steps, revert with the details asked.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Firewall service is not running

1. Firewall service is not running - Similar Threads - Firewall service running

2. Firewall Blocking apps and services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Blocking apps and services: My firewall blocking syncing of time and date where or how do add it allow list on firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-blocking-apps-and-services/375a6725-f245-4547-a39a-68e9bb35f33b
  3. Local Service No Network Firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Service No Network Firewall: I will be every day and i will open the same topic over and over again till the M.F who came up with the idea to make the local s*** will appoligize for what he created and for all the power was cosumed due his/her bull/sh/itif you say to update my system...how the f*** can i...
  4. Local Service No Network Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Service No Network Firewall: I will be every day and i will open the same topic over and over again till the M.F who came up with the idea to make the local s*** will appoligize for what he created and for all the power was cosumed due his/her bull/sh/itif you say to update my system...how the f*** can i...
  5. Local Service No Network Firewall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows Firewall service not starting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Firewall service not starting: so the story goes back to a week when i pirated malware bytes anti malware and i think that is the reason why this has happen.The pirated zip file contained a executable and the pirate said to run this as admin i did it because he was a trusted pirated however i can tell that...
  7. Do programs running as services bypass Windows Firewall rules?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do programs running as services bypass Windows Firewall rules?: I had an FTP server running briefly as it auto-started after install (looking at you, FileZilla) with the highest possible privileges, NT-AUTHORITY/SYSTEM. Obviously running a server with anything above limited user permissions isn't what you want. In theory, Windows...
  8. windows firewall service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall service: how to get rid of the following The package could not be installed because the windows firewall service in not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-service/74651b07-c579-457d-b4b3-f252053e9319
  9. Cryptographic Services and other Windows Services firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cryptographic Services and other Windows Services firewall rules: Cryptographic Services is frequently requesting to connect to port 80 at remote IP addresses. is there a range I can specify in my firewall configuration for this and other windows update related services to access to? I'd much rather not allow all outbound traffic from...
  10. firewall services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firewall services: Latest build. Running ESET free. Anybody else got the same info showing, doesn't appear to be a problem thou. Roy 8925