Windows 10: firewall services

Discus and support firewall services in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Latest build. Running ESET free. Anybody else got the same info showing, doesn't appear to be a problem thou. Roy 8925 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hawkman, Jul 24, 2015.

1. hawkman Win User

firewall services

Latest build.

Running ESET free.

Anybody else got the same info showing, doesn't appear to be a problem thou.

Roy

:)

hawkman, Jul 24, 2015

2. Windows Firewall service

Hi,

There are several factors that can contribute to the issues you're facing with the computer. This could be related to the recent update or settings that need to be reconfigured. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What was the program that you allowed access through the computer firewall?
    • Do you have any antivirus software installed on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Recovery options in Windows 10
    to perform a system restore. Doing so will allow you to restore your computer to a saved restore point without affecting the files on your computer. Take note though this will revert any changes made to the settings and also
    any newly installed applications will be removed.

Jordan Dom, Jul 24, 2015
  3. HP250 Win User
    Windows Firewall service

Hi. I am using Windows 10 creators update. The firewall was working okay yesterday but when I allowed a program through my firewall, I had the following problems:

1. I cannot seem to find where I can turn on the WiFi or ethernet. It has disappeared completely.

2. In control panel, my pc says the firewalk is not using recommended settings. When I click on "Use recommended settings", nothing happens.

3. In Services app, when I attempt to start the Firewall, I get the message that the account specified for the service is different from the account specified for other services...

PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS MATTER!!

HP250, Jul 24, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

firewall services

That's how it's suppose to be.

Cliff S, Jul 24, 2015
  5. Windows Firewall service has to be running, even if WF is off, otherwise store apps will not install.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

firewall services

1. firewall services - Similar Threads - firewall services

2. Windows Defender Firewall stuck "Stopping" in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall stuck "Stopping" in services: This is causing a huge headache for me as I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Win 10 a week ago and I immediately noticed this issue with the Windows Firewall. I can't get it to restart or change any settings. When I click on it in Services, everything is greyed out and it...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall stuck "Stopping" in services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall stuck "Stopping" in services: This is causing a huge headache for me as I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Win 10 a week ago and I immediately noticed this issue with the Windows Firewall. I can't get it to restart or change any settings. When I click on it in Services, everything is greyed out and it...
  4. Firewall Blocking apps and services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Blocking apps and services: My firewall blocking syncing of time and date where or how do add it allow list on firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-blocking-apps-and-services/375a6725-f245-4547-a39a-68e9bb35f33b
  5. Nothing works when I have Defender's firewall service on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing works when I have Defender's firewall service on...: I want my firewall to be set up so only specific programs have the ability to access the internet... I set the firewall to block all connections that I haven't allowed; as well as having it notify me every time a program is blocked... When I use the Feedback hub or the...
  6. Nothing works when I have Defender's firewall service on...

Nothing works when I have Defender's firewall service on...: I want my firewall to be set up so only specific programs have the ability to access the internet... I set the firewall to block all connections that I haven't allowed; as well as having it notify me every time a program is blocked... When I use the Feedback hub or the...
  7. Can i put Host Guardian Service domain behind the firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i put Host Guardian Service domain behind the firewall: Hi - We are building a HGS domain to implement shielded hosts and VM'sAll seems pretty standard and well documented, but the question has arisen whether we can protected guardian domain behind the firewall to add a layer of security.The advise is the guardian servers sitting...
  8. Can i put Host Guardian Service domain behind the firewall

Can i put Host Guardian Service domain behind the firewall: Hi - We are building a HGS domain to implement shielded hosts and VM'sAll seems pretty standard and well documented, but the question has arisen whether we can protected guardian domain behind the firewall to add a layer of security.The advise is the guardian servers sitting...
  9. Is firewall many config rule to allow services from different subnet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is firewall many config rule to allow services from different subnet?: Hi All,Thanks for reach me. I have question about built in firewall rules windowes. I have one host with e.g 10.10.10.2/24 with sharing folder and printer that need to access with different subnet e.g 10.10.11.x/24 network. When I tried to ping gateway to 10.10.10.1 all host...
  10. Is firewall many config rule to allow services from different subnet?

Is firewall many config rule to allow services from different subnet?: Hi All,Thanks for reach me. I have question about built in firewall rules windowes. I have one host with e.g 10.10.10.2/24 with sharing folder and printer that need to access with different subnet e.g 10.10.11.x/24 network. When I tried to ping gateway to 10.10.10.1 all host...