Windows 10: Firewall turn off when restart impact to Microsoft store stop working

Discus and support Firewall turn off when restart impact to Microsoft store stop working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having an issue with Win10 1909 Home edition firewall, whenever I restart my laptop the firewall is getting turn off. I need to turn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aldo-Christian, May 23, 2020.

1. Firewall turn off when restart impact to Microsoft store stop working

Hello,

I'm having an issue with Win10 1909 Home edition firewall, whenever I restart my laptop the firewall is getting turn off. I need to turn on manually.

This is impact on Microsoft stop working update.

Please note I have Avast Premium Security installed on my system. Can someone help on this ?

:)

Aldo-Christian, May 23, 2020

2. windows 10 firewall keeps turning itself ON how to stop it

Hello,

From your issue description, I understand that you have an issue with “Windows Firewall”, as it turns off, and then turn on
    by itself.

Please be informed that Installation of more than one security programs leads to conflict. Install any one antivirus program and update it with latest definition updates.

Method 1:

Perform Virus Scan in Safe Mode with Networking:

Note: Some of viruses are unable to detect in Normal mode. So I suggest you to perform “Virus can in Safe mode with Networking” and then check.

Step 1:

Start the computer in “Safe mode with networking mode”, to start the computer with minimal set of drivers and files and also includes the network drivers and services needed to access the Internet or other computers on
    your network. You may follow the article below and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2: Perform Virus Scan:

Disclaimer for Virus scan: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

• The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

2. Restart the computer to see whether the problem goes away.

Method 2: Disable or uninstall Third party Windows Firewall program and then check.

Disclaimer to disable Firewall: You should not turn off Windows Firewall unless you have another firewall enabled. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your computer (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable
    to damage from worms or hackers.

Note: Once you performed the steps, make sure you ‘Turn on the Firewall’ and
    re-enable the antivirus to avoid the risk of virus infection.

If the issue persists, post your reply with results and the questions asked as above. We are happy to assist you further with advanced troubleshooting steps!

Hope it helps.

Anju Thekkethil, May 23, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, May 23, 2020
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Firewall turn off when restart impact to Microsoft store stop working

Not a question. Fix your Microsoft store and stop telling people to use the wsreset because it doesn't work.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, please confirm a few things for me.

1. Was there any major change on your system prior to which the Microsoft store was functioning fine?
    2. Are you using any Antivirus application on your system? If so, please check to make sure that the Antivirus application is not blocking the Microsoft store from accessing the internet.

If you are not using a third party Antivirus application, you can check by adding an exception for 'Microsoft Store' in Windows Firewall by following the steps below:

1. Click on the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of your screen and then enter ‘Firewall’.
    2. Click on ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search results.
    3. In the ‘Firewall’ window, click ‘Allow an App or feature through Windows Firewall’.
    4. In the ‘Allowed apps’ window, click on ‘Change settings’ button and then select the check box for apps on your computer that you want to allow to communicate over the Internet without being stopped by Firewall.
    5. Click the Private and Public check box.
    6. Click OK and then click the Close button to close the Windows Firewall window.
    7. Check if you are able to access the store.

If you are still not able to connect to the internet through the Microsoft store, please follow the steps below.

Disable proxy settings:

1. Press ‘Windows Logo’ + ‘R’ keys on the keyboard, this will open the ‘Run’ Dialogue box for you, type in “inetcpl.cpl” and press “Enter”.
    2. Click on the ‘Connections’ tab and then click ‘LAN settings’.
    3. Uncheck the ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’ check box.
    4. Click ‘Ok’.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Firewall turn off when restart impact to Microsoft store stop working

1. Firewall turn off when restart impact to Microsoft store stop working - Similar Threads - Firewall turn off

2. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  3. Restart when Turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart when Turning off: Hey y’all , idk nothing sadly about it but it’s happen to me a lot . I just press shutdown and it’s just restarting without saying anything. Now I only want to know why . My friend and I use the same settings and power option but it’s just for me and it’s Randomly which mean...
  4. Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off: When the power settings turn my monitors off after the designated time, my secondary monitor will enter power saving mode. I'll then immediately hear the sound of a device disconnecting from the system, then reconnecting. At that point, the second monitor will wake up and...
  5. Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself: The last 2 days, I started getting a notification pop-up that my Windows Firewall is turned off. It says Tap or Click to turn on. I click and it takes me to the Windows Security Screen in Settings and I don't see anything for Windows Firewall. I clicked every option on...
  6. Firewall has been turned off

Firewall has been turned off: Good day I need some assistance. I have windows 10 64bit and im using avg antivirus. Everytime i stary up my p.c i keep getting a nitification that my firewall is deactivated. When i go to the notification panel to active my firewall it wont allow me to active, AVG...
  7. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  8. Windows 10 Firewall turning off during restart and at other times.

Windows 10 Firewall turning off during restart and at other times.: I have windows 10 and suddenly the firewall is turning off during restart or sometimes as i open a browser. My free avira anti virus has also turned off twice in 4 days. I have done a check using avira, malwarebytes and spybot. I notice that when i go to check for updates,...
  9. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...
  10. microsoft store launches then turns off

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store launches then turns off: microsoft store launches then turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-launches-then-turns-off/b7b58045-22d7-41ca-b53f-359b92765708"