Windows 10: firewall turned off showing on every boot

Discus and support firewall turned off showing on every boot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; windows 10 gives windows firewall & mcafee firewall both are turned off on every boot but its not actually turned off... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GrivaPatel762, Aug 8, 2019.

1. firewall turned off showing on every boot

windows 10 gives windows firewall & mcafee firewall both are turned off on every boot but its not actually turned off

:)

GrivaPatel762, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Cannot turn on network firewall for windows10 - SOLVED

Hello Sabrina,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

You mean to say, the option is grayed out?

Is this started to happen recently?

What happens when you tried to turn on Firewall?

Usually, Windows Firewall shouldn't be in turn off state unless you have another firewall turned on. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your PC (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from worms or hackers.

To turn Windows Firewall on or off:

• Click Start,

• In Search, type firewall, and then select
      Windows Firewall.

• Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off on left pane. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

• Select Turn on Windows Firewall checkbox's and click
      OK

• Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your administrator.
    Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 8, 2019
  4. firewall turned off showing on every boot

Windows Defender Firewall showing On and Off at the same time

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the Windows Firewall shows as switched off even after turning it on. For better understanding of the issue, please answer the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    3. Do you have any security software/firewall installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the troubleshooter for Windows Firewall and check if that helps. Refer the article

Automatically diagnose and fix problems with Windows Firewall

If the above method doesn’t t work, please follow the next method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to try enabling the services responsible for Windows Firewall and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type services.msc and hit enter.
    3. Now look for the services: Security Center,
      Windows Defender Antivirus Service, Windows Defender Firewall Service,
      Windows Defender Advanced Thread Protection Service,
      and Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service.
    4. Right click on each service and click on Start.

If the above method doesn’t work, please try the next method.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to check if any conflicting registry entries are present which are blocking Windows Defender Firewall to turn on.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer the article on
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type regedit and hit enter.
    3. Now navigate to the location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options
    4. Look if there are any registry keys named: MSASCui.exe, MpCmdRun.exe or MsMpEng.exe.
    5. If there are any such entries, then delete them by right clicking and selecting Delete.
    6. Click on Yes.
    7. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

firewall turned off showing on every boot

1. firewall turned off showing on every boot - Similar Threads - firewall turned off

2. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  3. How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?

How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?: 1. Since our Windows 10-Home is on a router I've been told that I don't need to have the Windows Firewall On. Assuming that is still true, how do I turn off the warning message that the firewall is off? 2. How do I get the Malwarebyes icon to be pinned to the always visible...
  4. Windows firewall turned off notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall turned off notification: My question is how do i stop seeing this notification everytime i turn on my pc? It pops on like the 3rd minute on every boot and it's a little annoying and i know i got it turned off. [ATTACH]...
  5. Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself: The last 2 days, I started getting a notification pop-up that my Windows Firewall is turned off. It says Tap or Click to turn on. I click and it takes me to the Windows Security Screen in Settings and I don't see anything for Windows Firewall. I clicked every option on...
  6. Firewall has been turned off

Firewall has been turned off: Good day I need some assistance. I have windows 10 64bit and im using avg antivirus. Everytime i stary up my p.c i keep getting a nitification that my firewall is deactivated. When i go to the notification panel to active my firewall it wont allow me to active, AVG...
  7. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  8. Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned...: For the past year that I've had my laptop, I've always been greeted a few minutes after login with a notification that reads: "View firewall options Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options." I get a similar message...
  9. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...
  10. Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.

Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.: Hi, I do apologise if this has been asked, I have searched and also used google to search, to no avail, at least not worded this way. I do not use windows firewall, I opt to use Windows10Firewall Control, which does, IMO, a better job of giving me control. Which is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10gives firewall turned off notication on every boot