Windows 10: Firewall Windows/Norton, BFE, Windows Store and several apps not working W10

Discus and support Firewall Windows/Norton, BFE, Windows Store and several apps not working W10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a HP zBook laptop and quite a few problems. Te begin with, my firewall will not start. I have Norton for this, and it is the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MisterSint, May 16, 2019 at 11:57 AM.

1. Firewall Windows/Norton, BFE, Windows Store and several apps not working W10

Hello,

I have a HP zBook laptop and quite a few problems. Te begin with, my firewall will not start. I have Norton for this, and it is the second time this happened. However, last time a reinstall of Norton did the trick; now that seems to not be enough. Norton doesn't give me any error code whatsoever, it just tries to put the firewall on, without succes.

The Windows Defender Firewall neither works. If I try to turn it on, I get the following error code: 0x8007042c: it cannot change all settings. Thus I tried to turn the service on: to my surprise I discovered that BFE and Windows Defender Firewall were missing from the list of services. I downloaded their registry keys and tried again: no luck. Now, if I try to start the service from services I get the follwoing error code for Windows Firewall: 1068, and for the Base Filtering Engine I get 1053.

So that's where it stands on that matter, however, some time earlier I noticed there were some apps I couldn't use anymore. They include the calculator, photo's, skype and a few more. The Microsoft store was trying in vain to download them, however, the store itself neither works. I tried changeing the date and location, resetting it's memory and reinstalling it with cmd and powershell. The latter two give me some now troubles: cmd noticed that AppxManifest.xml is missing from my System32 folder, and thus won't run Add-AppxPackage. Powershell on the other hand cannot find C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11804.1001.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml , for it doesn't seem to exist either.

To me it sounds like I've been infested by a pesky virus, but Norton, Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool (msert) and Malwarebytes haven't found anything noteworthy.

I hope there's a solution to this mess...

- Moved from Dutch Windows forum to English Windows forum -

:)

2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

3. Drone Win User
    Weather App not working windows 8.1

I've had similar problems (circling dots and app won't load) in 8.1 and not only with weather, sometimes even store didn't load.

In W10 problems disappeared and everything works fine.

If you're interested you can check some other weather apps

4. Firewall Windows/Norton, BFE, Windows Store and several apps not working W10

Unable to Start BFE/Firewall Access Denied

Store and Windows Updates will not work without Windows Firewall or BFE.
    In Fall Upgrade, you will even receive BSOD all the time, if it is not running.

BFE depends on network services, even-though it does not say so.

Try Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro

Select - Repairs Main - Preset Common Repairs: Repair Windows Firewall and set services to default.

Thema:

Firewall Windows/Norton, BFE, Windows Store and several apps not working W10

1. Firewall Windows/Norton, BFE, Windows Store and several apps not working W10 - Similar Threads - Firewall Norton BFE

2. My Windows apps and window store is not working because of k7 antivirus firewall .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Windows apps and window store is not working because of k7 antivirus firewall .: Dear Sir , I would like to inform you that sir , my window store and apps downloaded from store is not working and unable to connect internet since i have install k7 antivirus , sir i knew that k7 firewall is stopping my window store and apps to connect to...
  3. windows APP store is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows APP store is not working: fix this or send me how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/windows-app-store-is-not-working/f164252c-b4e6-4369-bec4-492a9a9f4851
  4. Installing a purchaed app in Windows store on several devices/PCs

Installing a purchaed app in Windows store on several devices/PCs: On how many PCs with the same microsoft account can one install a purchaed app (the app is not free? for example, if I have 2 PCs and one windows tablet (all with my microsoft account), can I install the app on all of them?...
  5. Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall: Just spent a week trying to start the W10 firewall. Dozens of Google recommended solutions but none work. Yes, Services reports it's automatic but it isn't running. Simply get an error message when I try to start it. Anyone else have the problem or a solution? Already ran sfc...
  6. Windows Firewall needs to be disabled for app to work

Windows Firewall needs to be disabled for app to work: Hi All I am attempting to diagnose an issue when joining a meeting for PersonalVMR.com - on a domain joined laptop. The meeting starts, but Video in and Out are not transmitted. I have added Windows Firewall rules for ALL ports, on Any protocol, for Any application for...
  7. Unable to Start BFE/Firewall Access Denied

Unable to Start BFE/Firewall Access Denied: I've spent an entire day on this and tried every fix I could find, but I am unable to start Base Filtering Engine and as a consequence, Windows Firewall and getting 'Error 5: Access is Denied' message. Both are set to Automatic in Services. The Registry for BFE looks...
  8. Windows Store won't work with the Firewall Enabled

Windows Store won't work with the Firewall Enabled: So i have a problem with the Windows 10 Store. I have for multiple weeks tried downloading "apps" through it, to no avail. One day i found a thread which said i should disable the Windows Firewall, and low and behold, it worked downloading apps! Now my problem is, to run apps...
  9. Windows Store Won't Open & Several App's Show Disabled

Windows Store Won't Open & Several App's Show Disabled: Hi All, I'm having the same issue that has been reported by other member's here in the forum. When I try and open the windows store on my taskbar, it pops on the screen for one second then goes away. Also, when I open my start menu it shows ( ! ) marks on several of my...
  10. Several W8.1 apps are not installing on my W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Several W8.1 apps are not installing on my W10: Hello....I'm trying to install Microsoft Music Deals on my W10 laptop but i cant. Also the 4 week old Collaborate app developed by Microsoft Garage team wont instal on my machine. Probably there are more. Do u guys have this problem? Thanks in advice, Andrei Savescu....