Windows 10: Firewall Windows/Norton, BFE, Windows Store and several apps not working W10

Discus and support Firewall Windows/Norton, BFE, Windows Store and several apps not working W10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a HP zBook laptop and quite a few problems. Te begin with, my firewall will not start. I have Norton for this, and it is the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MisterSint, May 16, 2019.

1. Firewall Windows/Norton, BFE, Windows Store and several apps not working W10

Hello,

I have a HP zBook laptop and quite a few problems. Te begin with, my firewall will not start. I have Norton for this, and it is the second time this happened. However, last time a reinstall of Norton did the trick; now that seems to not be enough. Norton doesn't give me any error code whatsoever, it just tries to put the firewall on, without succes.

The Windows Defender Firewall neither works. If I try to turn it on, I get the following error code: 0x8007042c: it cannot change all settings. Thus I tried to turn the service on: to my surprise I discovered that BFE and Windows Defender Firewall were missing from the list of services. I downloaded their registry keys and tried again: no luck. Now, if I try to start the service from services I get the follwoing error code for Windows Firewall: 1068, and for the Base Filtering Engine I get 1053.

So that's where it stands on that matter, however, some time earlier I noticed there were some apps I couldn't use anymore. They include the calculator, photo's, skype and a few more. The Microsoft store was trying in vain to download them, however, the store itself neither works. I tried changeing the date and location, resetting it's memory and reinstalling it with cmd and powershell. The latter two give me some now troubles: cmd noticed that AppxManifest.xml is missing from my System32 folder, and thus won't run Add-AppxPackage. Powershell on the other hand cannot find C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11804.1001.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml , for it doesn't seem to exist either.

To me it sounds like I've been infested by a pesky virus, but Norton, Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool (msert) and Malwarebytes haven't found anything noteworthy.

I hope there's a solution to this mess...

- Moved from Dutch Windows forum to English Windows forum -

:)

MisterSint, May 16, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, May 16, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Weather App not working windows 8.1

I've had similar problems (circling dots and app won't load) in 8.1 and not only with weather, sometimes even store didn't load.

In W10 problems disappeared and everything works fine.

If you're interested you can check some other weather apps

Drone, May 16, 2019
  4. Firewall Windows/Norton, BFE, Windows Store and several apps not working W10

Unable to Start BFE/Firewall Access Denied

Store and Windows Updates will not work without Windows Firewall or BFE.
    In Fall Upgrade, you will even receive BSOD all the time, if it is not running.

BFE depends on network services, even-though it does not say so.

Try Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro

Select - Repairs Main - Preset Common Repairs: Repair Windows Firewall and set services to default.

TairikuOkami, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Firewall Windows/Norton, BFE, Windows Store and several apps not working W10

1. Firewall Windows/Norton, BFE, Windows Store and several apps not working W10 - Similar Threads - Firewall Norton BFE

2. Window firewall 0x800706d9 and missing store app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window firewall 0x800706d9 and missing store app: it cause a problem to a store and window security i cant open it. i cant download anything from store. my Windows Apps folder it gone too.i try to change in service setting but i cant change window firewall setting it stuck at starting process How do i fix this problem?...
  3. Window firewall 0x800706d9 and missing store app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window firewall 0x800706d9 and missing store app: it cause a problem to a store and window security i cant open it. i cant download anything from store. my Windows Apps folder it gone too.i try to change in service setting but i cant change window firewall setting it stuck at starting process How do i fix this problem?...
  4. My BFE/Windows Firewall Services unable to start Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My BFE/Windows Firewall Services unable to start Access Denied: So recently I have been fighting this assumed virus on my computer with no luck. I tried to repair the PC by granting administrative permissions to the service it worked partially but I couldnt turn my firewall back on even after doing that. I think My OS got corrupted as...
  5. My BFE/Windows Firewall Services unable to start Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My BFE/Windows Firewall Services unable to start Access Denied: So recently I have been fighting this assumed virus on my computer with no luck. I tried to repair the PC by granting administrative permissions to the service it worked partially but I couldnt turn my firewall back on even after doing that. I think My OS got corrupted as...
  6. My BFE/Windows Firewall Services unable to start Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Nortons Firewall Prevented Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nortons Firewall Prevented Access: About a month ago I finally set up a sharing network between my two PC's. My old computer has Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit), and my new one is Windows 10 Professional (64-bit). Everything was working perfectly, and just last night, I was not able to access the shared...
  8. norton firewall not turned on. should it be?

norton firewall not turned on. should it be?: no active firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-firewall-not-turned-on-should-it-be/fa8649bc-980f-4c0b-a22a-b4c3124ee68b
  9. After updating KB890830, the BFE is disabled, with it the firewall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating KB890830, the BFE is disabled, with it the firewall: Hi! After updating KB890830, the BFE is disabled, with it the firewall. The computer is unavailable from the network. Solved only by reinstalling the system. Have a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb890830/26b77c0c-6949-425e-affd-3b9d6f25c79f
  10. Unable to Start BFE/Firewall Access Denied

Unable to Start BFE/Firewall Access Denied: I've spent an entire day on this and tried every fix I could find, but I am unable to start Base Filtering Engine and as a consequence, Windows Firewall and getting 'Error 5: Access is Denied' message. Both are set to Automatic in Services. The Registry for BFE looks...