Windows 10: Firewall won’t turn back on / other potential issues.

Discus and support Firewall won’t turn back on / other potential issues. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Firewall/ other potential issues This first started last night, I tried to play a game but it was being super slow and laggy so I restarted the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NinjaNoodle22, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Firewall won’t turn back on / other potential issues.

Firewall/ other potential issues

This first started last night, I tried to play a game but it was being super slow and laggy so I restarted the device. Still was super slow upon restart, so I gave up for the night and when to bed.

Next morning, absolutely nothing is right. Firstly, when trying to sign in, it said I couldn’t use my PIN, which has never happened before. I put in my password manually and got on.

A few things I noticed off the bat:

1)It said I wasn’t connected to the internet even though I have a wired connection.

2)It says “The audio service is not running.”

3)Everything is still slow and laggy

4) And this is probably the scary part: Windows firewall was disarmed and I cannot turn it back on. I tried for two hours searching up everything on the internet to fix it, but nothing has helped so far.

After all this time, I tried to reset my device. It couldn’t even do that. It just says “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” And that’s it. Nothing else.

I can’t even revert/recover to a previous state.

I ran a windows virus scan and found nothing but I’m really scared something is seriously wrong with my PC. If anybody has any suggestions on what to do I would love to hear it.

submitted by /u/NinjaNoodle22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NinjaNoodle22, Jan 30, 2021

2. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Jan 30, 2021
  3. My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Firewall won’t turn back on / other potential issues.

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Firewall won’t turn back on / other potential issues.

1. Firewall won’t turn back on / other potential issues. - Similar Threads - Firewall won’t turn

2. How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?: I don't need to turn Windows Firewall back on because I have another paid antivirus/Firewall protection app Webroot on my computer Windows 10 desktop. I have it off because I don't need both of them running. If there's a way to turn off these notifications, please let me...
  3. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  4. Windows Surface won’t charge and won’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Surface won’t charge and won’t turn back on: For the past few days, my surface wouldn’t charge for more than 64%. Yesterday, it didn’t charge at all inspite of the cord being plugged in. I saw the battery go from 3% to 2% and finally shut down even if I was charging this entire time. Now it won’t turn back on and won’t...
  5. My screen went green and it won’t turn back.

My screen went green and it won’t turn back.: I was just browsing the Internet when my screen just went green. I didn’t download anything and I don’t know what could’ve caused this. I am not the best with computers/windows so if someone could help me out or explain it simply that’s would be great!!! submitted by...
  6. Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.

Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YoshiKombat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiel27/firewall_is_turned_off_and_i_cant_turn_it_back_on/
  7. Laptop display turns off and won’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop display turns off and won’t turn back on: If left idle, my laptop’s display will sometimes turn off after which I cannot turn it back on. It doesn’t seem to be sleeping based on the indicator light on the side, and the only thing I can do is force shut it down by holding the power button. If I manually close my...
  8. Keyboard Locked and Laptop won’t turn back on!!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard Locked and Laptop won’t turn back on!!!: So my cat walked over the keyboard of my laptop and locked it. Trying to unlock them didnt work so I went ti restart as this worked last time she did it. I accidentally clicked ‘shut down’ though and now it wont turn back on. Does anyone have any advice?...
  9. Firewall missing and numerous other issues.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall missing and numerous other issues.: Hello I am hoping for some help. I dont know what happened to my laptop and I could really use help fixing it without haveing to take it in to the computer shop or losing everything. So I hadnt used my computer in a while but I left it on so something happened. I can...
  10. firewall not turning on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall not turning on: I had installed an anti-virus app on my pc, before that I had turned off firewalls, because the anti-virus app keeps interrupting me; I uninstalled it. Now I get no option to turn on the Firewall due to that my network status appears as a dashed line. Also, the network...