Windows 10: Firewalls and App Security

Discus and support Firewalls and App Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I run a program for my CAD called CREO and it requires a license to run. Whenever thee is a windows update it won't start stating a license error. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by farlsonline, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Firewalls and App Security

I run a program for my CAD called CREO and it requires a license to run. Whenever thee is a windows update it won't start stating a license error. I disable the virus protection and turn the wi fi off and it normally starts again.

Wondering if there is something I can do to allow it's use so I don't have to keep using these work arounds?

Thanks, Scot.

:)

farlsonline, Oct 14, 2020

2. Having Issue with firewall and security center

Hi,

The most common reason why Windows Firewall turns off automatically, is when you have another third-party firewall app installed. To check this, follow these steps:

• Go to Control panel.
    • Make sure your view is by Category, then click System and Security.
    • Click Security and Maintenance.
    • Select Security, under Network Firewall click
      View installed firewall apps.
    Please make sure that there is only one active firewall program.

If you want to make sure that your laptop is safe from any virus or malware, you can also download

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Let us know the outcome.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 14, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Firewalls and App Security

Windows Firewall security alert keeps popping up.

Hello,

Windows Firewall plays an important part in helping to protect your computer against virus and security threats. Your concern is cause by a conflicting changes in your security settings. However we suggest that you turn off Security messages for Network
    firewall temporarily to check if the issue persists. Follow these steps:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left side, click Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Uncheck the box on the left side of Network firewall.
    • Restart your computer.

After an hour, enable Network firewall again. We also recommend that you use another browser and check if the issue persists.

Note: If you disable Windows Firewall for a long period of time, your computer will be more vulnerable to unauthorized access to your network.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Firewalls and App Security

1. Firewalls and App Security - Similar Threads - Firewalls App Security

2. Firewall App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall App: I have genshin game launcher in external disk already allow access in windows built-in firewall. If I install Windows firewall control or firewall app blocker, is genshin game launcher in external disk is not in allow list?...
  3. Firewall App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall App: I have genshin game launcher in external disk already allow access in windows built-in firewall. If I install Windows firewall control or firewall app blocker, is genshin game launcher in external disk is not in allow list?...
  4. Firewall Apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall Apps: After performing a repair on the place of Windows I find these apps that can communicate through the Firewall in particular there is: windows_ie_ac_001 and seeing a little around on the net I am not entirely calm. Any help and information in this regard are very welcome. 183380
  5. NETWORK FIREWALL SECURITY scam?

NETWORK FIREWALL SECURITY scam?: I received this today in my email. There is no company name on this. I have not ordered this. What should I do? Dear customer, Thank you, for your order. This is your receipt make sure to save a copy for your records. Your order has been downloaded through online...
  6. Windows Security Firewall issue

Windows Security Firewall issue: I'm attempting to let Steam through my firewall (because It won't load, and assuming that is the issue, as I wasn't asked to let it through through a pop up) But, the settings are all greyed out, any fixes? [img] 150822
  7. Window Firewall Security Scam?

Window Firewall Security Scam?: I am receiving calls from someone who states my firewall security is running out and wants me to update the windows security program. If I want to cancel they will refund $200 to any account I give them. My issue is I am not aware of any firewall protection from Microsoft...
  8. Firewall blocked app

Firewall blocked app: What are the risks of allowing an app through a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-blocked-app/6d58a40d-b823-4d17-b972-67ed5d163a91"
  9. Is this a Security/Firewall issue?

Is this a Security/Firewall issue?: Never experienced this before and have no idea of what it means or how to proceed. This is the onscreen msg (browser is firefox): Error: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 9050: Connection refused 116745
  10. Internet security firewall issues

Internet security firewall issues: I've been using comodo for a year or so with no problems. A few builds ago, the firewall grayed out and stopped all access. I uninstalled and used defender; all good. I have tried reinstalling and it now says this program not compatible... Also, Vipre has it's firewall grayed...