Windows 10: Firewalls tips&Tricks

Discus and support Firewalls tips&Tricks in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello community here, What's recommended tips and tricks of Windows built-in Firewalls? what should ON or OFF? I wanna know right configs and make it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ulysses, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Ulysses Win User

Firewalls tips&Tricks

Hello community here,

What's recommended tips and tricks of Windows built-in Firewalls?
    what should ON or OFF? I wanna know right configs and make it more secure to harden traffics and kinds of threats?

Or to suggest me good guides of it. I am afraid to change something and break a system. I am not good experienced on Firewalls.

Thank you all here. I am really enjoying being member here. I really getting a lot of materials here to learn and improve my skills. Here all can make their knowledge footprint. Here is more good than in Academy.

:)

Ulysses, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Tips and tricks or whatever

Hello
    neuf512,

We'd like to know more about your concern. Could you provide more details on what you're trying to achieve on Windows 10?

If you're referring to the notifications on Windows 10, you can turn off all tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows from its settings. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Start button, type Settings, then press
      Enter.
    2. Select System > click on Notifications
      &
      actions.
    3. Under Notifications, you can toggle off all notifications on Windows. See the screenshot below:

Firewalls tips&Tricks fdf7fc8a-2736-4d8b-b65f-8e92346f0771?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Mar 3, 2021
  3. N70: Tips and Tricks.

Some more on Tips and Tricks:

Using PC’s internet connection via Bluetooth at your PC’s connection speed.

Check out this guide at following URL:

安全加密检测

Fantastic step by step procedure with screenshots and works perfectly fine.

Guy has also written some more tips and I did like those as well so in case u wanna check those below is the URL.

安全加密检测

-Ankit

anksush---01, Mar 3, 2021
  4. cereberus Win User

Firewalls tips&Tricks

Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums!

How to convert an mbr legacy bios boot disk to uefi gpt mode with no data loss

The CU update has a great new too called mbr2gpt which converts legacy bios boot disks to uefi gpt format.

It works with virtual hard drives as well - so if you have e.g. a hyper-v gen 1 disk, this is the easy way to convert it to a gen 2 disk.

I will do steps for a vhd

Step 1 - make a copy of vhd (for real disk - an image backup) in case things go pearshaped.

Step 2 - attach vhd using disk management - here disk 2 is legacy bios

Firewalls tips&Tricks [​IMG]

Step 3: shrink the OS drive (H here) to give room to write EFI partition. I actually shrank it a lot as I had no idea how much space it needed

Step 4: validate the install is suitable for conversion from an admin powershell or admin command prompt

Code:
    mbr2gpt /disk:2 /validate /logs:c:\ /allowfullos[CODE]

The /allowfullos switch allows you do this from normal Windows.

If doing a real disk and it was your boot disk, you need to do it from a winpe environment (eg bootomt from a 15063 installation disk and pressing shit+f10)

I recommend you create log files to directory of your choice - I choose C:\ as easiest to type.

[u][b]Warning - if you omit the /disk switch it will do it on your boot disk by default!
     [/b][/u]

[img]https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/129330d1491845505t-tips-tricks-you-saw-first-tenforums-2017_04_10_17_31_472.png[/img]

Step 5 - Do conversion

[CODE]mbr2gpt /disk:2 /convert /logs:c:\ /allowfullos[CODE]

[img]https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/129331d1491846025t-tips-tricks-you-saw-first-tenforums-2017_04_10_17_40_274.png[/img]

Step 6 - examine drive and tidy up

Look at drive in disk management

[img]https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/129332d1491846119t-tips-tricks-you-saw-first-tenforums-2017_04_10_17_42_025.png[/img]

You can see it does not delete old SRP (partition 1) 

You can also see I shrank it a lot - not needed to do it so much of course.

Both these are easily tidied up using minitool partition wizard :-

[img]https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/129333d1491847404t-tips-tricks-you-saw-first-tenforums-2017_04_10_18_03_277.png[/img]

Step 7 - the Acid Test - Does it work?

Yes! 

I created a new gen 2 hyper-v vm and it booted just fine as you can see.

[img]https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/129342d1491848031t-tips-tricks-you-saw-first-tenforums-2017_04_10_18_13_549.png[/img]

The whole conversion process only took a few minutes - minitool was the slowest part!

This new tool is truly awesome.

cereberus, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Firewalls tips&Tricks

1. Firewalls tips&Tricks - Similar Threads - Firewalls tips&Tricks

2. I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...: How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-chrome-on-public-networks-it-says/a66247b6-afc2-49ec-a66f-a89260e20616
  3. I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...: How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-chrome-on-public-networks-it-says/a66247b6-afc2-49ec-a66f-a89260e20616
  4. Windows Firewall not active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall not active: Today, I ran into an issue where my Windows Firewall has become inactive and I am not able to active it again. Prior to this, I had no connection to the internet just randomly which was ultimately fixed by running the DHCP Client service as this wasn't running. Then, Firewall...
  5. Windows Firewall not active

Windows Firewall not active: Today, I ran into an issue where my Windows Firewall has become inactive and I am not able to active it again. Prior to this, I had no connection to the internet just randomly which was ultimately fixed by running the DHCP Client service as this wasn't running. Then, Firewall...
  6. How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107: Windows Firewall Defender stop my computer from using Internet. I also tried to resolve the problem using command prompt I typed "netsh advfirewall set profiles state on" to enable firewall,but there was an error code 10107 fail to start. Please help me with this problem.I...
  7. How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107

How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107: Windows Firewall Defender stop my computer from using Internet. I also tried to resolve the problem using command prompt I typed "netsh advfirewall set profiles state on" to enable firewall,but there was an error code 10107 fail to start. Please help me with this problem.I...
  8. How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How to enable and fix Windows Firewall with error code 0x8007042c?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable and fix Windows Firewall with error code 0x8007042c?: I've tried starting the Services like: BFE Got error 5: Access is denied, Windows Defender Firewall Got error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start...
  10. How to enable and fix Windows Firewall with error code 0x8007042c?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable and fix Windows Firewall with error code 0x8007042c?: I've tried starting the Services like: BFE Got error 5: Access is denied, Windows Defender Firewall Got error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start...