Windows 10: Firewire capture to Win 10 1903 PC and or dual boot option with Win 7

Discus and support Firewire capture to Win 10 1903 PC and or dual boot option with Win 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to capture Hi8 and DV to a Win10 1903 and it was working but now it is not. I have 2 1394 internal firewire cars. One is a Ti card and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ozstar, Jun 17, 2020.

1. ozstar Win User

Firewire capture to Win 10 1903 PC and or dual boot option with Win 7

I am trying to capture Hi8 and DV to a Win10 1903 and it was working but now it is not.

I have 2 1394 internal firewire cars. One is a Ti card and the other NEC. I have used the current drivers with both of them in the past and also the Legacy driver however whilst they show in dev mgr, I cannot now see my Sony or Panasonic DV cams. So cannot capture.

It has been suggested I go back to Win 7 as the cards will work with them.

It sounds like a go however I am not sure how/if I can get 7 onto my box as I still need to keep 10 on it.
    I do have a 7 CD from when I first bought it but not sure if it is still okay as I may have upgraded to 10 fro it but not sure.
    When this box boots up I am given a choice of 10 or a 'Previous Windows' version.

When I choose 'Previous nothing boots up so maybe there is no previous version there now.

Any suggestions please ?

oz

:)

ozstar, Jun 17, 2020

2. dual boot to win 7

I have a near new PC (kit built) that had Win 7 home edition installed. I did the solicited win 10 upgrade. I was in the process of moving at the time and didn't use the PC much for several months. I noticed when I upgraded to Win 10 as it was booting
    up there was the possibility of selecting either Win 10, or Win 7. I assumed this was a dual boot option, but didn't even try the Win 7 option for several months--due to the moving. When I did use it, I used Win 10 to try to get accustomed to it. When I
    had a need to use Win 7, I tried that selection, but have been VERY disappointed in the extremely limited functionality of the Win 7 "option".

My primary question is: Is the how this " Win 10 upgrade is supposed to work? or did I do something wrong when I was starting up the new installation?

Bill Linhardt, Jun 17, 2020
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Jun 17, 2020
  4. glnz Win User

How to Repair ONLY Win 7 in dual-boot Win 7 and 10 PC? Both Pro 64-bit

I have a nice PC that dual-boots Win 7 Pro 64-bit and Win 10 Pro 64-bit.

I'd like to do a "non-destructive repair" of ONLY the Win 7 [probably by using the "upgrade" function of a Win 7 installation CD or img] but what steps should I take to make sure the Win 7 repair doesn't touch my Win 10 (and the ancillary partitions with the boot loader/MBR, etc.) and keeps my PC dual-booting?

Thanks.

Thema:

1. Firewire capture to Win 10 1903 PC and or dual boot option with Win 7 - Similar Threads - Firewire capture 1903

2. Repair Win 7 on Win 10/ Win 7 dual boot system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Win 7 on Win 10/ Win 7 dual boot system: My RAM failed resulting in corruption of Win 7 installation. Now I cannot boot to Win 7 at all. I can create another partition to install Win 7, copy and create a new partition for the MBR now allocated 3.65GB to restore after reloading Win 7, or try something else. I'm not...
  3. Dual Boot Win 10 & 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Win 10 & 7: I run Win 10 (1803) on my main PC I was also running Win 10 (1803) on a secondary PC. I had a 3rd PC running Win 7 (for certain older apps I need) The PC running 7 started to have major hardware problems, so I had to junk it, but kept the HDD with 7 and my programs. I...
  4. Dual boot for Win 10, Win 7 and Centos.

Dual boot for Win 10, Win 7 and Centos.: I would like to install 3 operative system (win 10 - win 7 and centos ) on the same HD in dual boot system. I would like to keep as much as possible the OS separate (no interference) each other and more stable possible. What will be the best way to do it? I should use an...
  5. dual boot win 10/ win 7

dual boot win 10/ win 7: Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched tutorials but didn't find complete ones .Most of the tutos are about installing win 10 over wind 7 on dual boot but not the...
  6. Dual boot win 7&10, Win 10 boot option is not showing up anymore

Dual boot win 7&10, Win 10 boot option is not showing up anymore: I've had both windows in all my computers since the beginning of w10. On this computer win7 was on B drive win10 was on C drive. It is one drive partioned in half Have all my docs, mail, pics, music on external drive. I was using them on both os. Well all of a sudden the page...
  7. Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot

Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot: After reading many posts & reply's, I now think/understand that I cannot Dual Boot win 7 and win 10 using free Win 10, if I want to do that I must buy Win 10. Reason is the MS will not allow free Win 10 if I am still using Win 7. 1st I must update my win 7 with win 10...
  8. Dual Boot Win 7 pro and Win 10

Dual Boot Win 7 pro and Win 10: I have new computer win 7 pro with all SSD. I plan to Install Win 10 onto a separate SSD (Samsung 500gb) and will just unplug my C Drive SSD with Win 7. The C drive SSD is also 500gb Samsung but only 152gb left on that drive. Any Comments / potential problems I may have. I...
  9. dual boot win 7 and win 10?

dual boot win 7 and win 10?: I currently have win10 on a partition. I have a second partition big enough for win7. Can I install win 7 on that partition. Will installing win7 result in a win7 style boot manager? If so, how to get the win 10 boot manager? One reason I want to do this, win7 has WMC...
  10. How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?

How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?: How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10? OK, maybe my title is confusing, but I am wondering if it is possible to first upgrade my present win 7 OS to win 10 than do a clean install of win 10, then dual boot with a fresh install of win 7 in a dual...