Windows 10: Firewire driver update/uninstall leads to system reboot.

Discus and support Firewire driver update/uninstall leads to system reboot. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey r/Windows10 I wanted to update my firewire driver to a legacy version since I believe that is what is preventing my audio interface device from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joey_diaz_fan, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Firewire driver update/uninstall leads to system reboot.

Hey r/Windows10

I wanted to update my firewire driver to a legacy version since I believe that is what is preventing my audio interface device from connnecting to my PC (via Firewire cable). However, every time i try to do anything regarding the drivers (update/uninstall), it starts for a second (the green bar starts filling up to 10%) and then my PC restarts saying '' your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. we're just collecting some error info''.

What am i missing? I just want to install the legacy driver without the PC restarting.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/joey_diaz_fan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/joey_diaz_fan, Nov 29, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Firewire driver update/uninstall leads to system reboot. :confused:

oli_ramsay, Nov 29, 2020
  3. cheebers Win User
    1394a Firewire drivers for Windows 10

I have a Siig too an 800 3 port pcie in particular. i was having intermittent sound issues and thought it was my audio interface but soon found it was the firewire drivers. i updated to the latest drivers and lost sound completely.

cut a long story short i went to device manager after updating three times just to be sure, and saw the siig 1394 controller at the top of the list labelled as a bus controller, i just thought it was odd and not where it normally sits in the list, so i right
    clicked it and clicked update drivers, it prompted me to choose from where so i'd pretty much given up by now and clicked from the web. then a little bar came up filled up and up popped my profire (firewire device)

might not be that helpful but i thought id chip in since i had this page open when i stumbled upon the solution.

cheebers, Nov 29, 2020
  4. CadErik Win User

Firewire driver update/uninstall leads to system reboot.

20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop.

My specs:

• ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard
    • AMD 3800X
    • 32 Gb DDR4
    • Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset

Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this upgrade, I'm getting a bunch of weird playback glitches. That is not even under load. I just play a file in JRMC with the ASIO interface and I get multiple drop-outs glitches. The playback
    definitely stops for 1 sec or so, there is no level showing up anymore during that second on my audio interface.

I changed two times already the firewire cable, and the firewire card as well.

My bios doesn't have a lot of options and I have the legacy 1394 driver installed which used to work quite nicely.

Any suggestions?

CadErik, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Firewire driver update/uninstall leads to system reboot.

1. Firewire driver update/uninstall leads to system reboot. - Similar Threads - Firewire driver update

2. Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot: Yesterday I have got my new machine and after a lot of trouble I was able to install and activate Windows 10 Pro. After installing all needed drivers I have began downloading software that I used on my old machine. That lead me to installing WSL. WSL itself installed fine...
  3. Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot: Yesterday I have got my new machine and after a lot of trouble I was able to install and activate Windows 10 Pro. After installing all needed drivers I have began downloading software that I used on my old machine. That lead me to installing WSL. WSL itself installed fine...
  4. Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Crashing after FireWire Legacy Driver Update

Windows 10 Crashing after FireWire Legacy Driver Update: Hi,I recently purchased a FireWire PCI Card. I followed all the stipes form the site below.https://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/Firewire-1.htmUnfortunately, Whenever I try to update the driver to the Legacy Driver, windows 10 crashes and spits out the error code...
  6. Windows Firewire NIC Drivers NotDiskRelated

Windows Firewire NIC Drivers NotDiskRelated: Ok Team this is a challenge. I have Window Server installed on a MAC, and it has a Firewire Controller. I can get remote Drives working in Target Disk Mode, But I cant get it to run a Network Interface like on MACOS. I have the driver installer as Legacy Interface 1394 IEEE,...
  7. BSOD When Trying to Update to Legacy Firewire Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD When Trying to Update to Legacy Firewire Driver: So I'm caught in a frustrating catch-22.I recently purchased a Firewire card to transfer some old DV tapes over firewire via the camcorder. Did this no problem. I'd like to keep the card attached for other projects involving the camcorder and other Firewire devices.Ever since...
  8. Windows 10 Firewire drivers

Windows 10 Firewire drivers: Trying to find Windows 10 Firewire drivers. I can't understand why this isn't just a simple request. Instead of being directed to old threads that are defunct, why not, when I ask for Windows 10 Firewire drivers, either tell me that they are not available or give me an active...
  9. Update leads to reboots, failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update leads to reboots, failure: The latest Win 10 update (from about 8/12) has really hosed me. Every morning the computer tries to install it, fails, and then removes the update. No error codes. This take about six reboots and half an hour. Never ran into this before. I'm about to roll back to Win 7 if I...
  10. 1394 (Firewire) Driver

1394 (Firewire) Driver: I have a PCIe Firewire card installed in my desktop as my recording studio interface unit uses Firewire and USB 2.0 (MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid). My new desktop does not have a USB 2.0 port on the rear I/O panel and the interface unit does not work well with USB 3.0 ports so I'm...