Windows 10: Firewire input from mini DV camera on Windows 10

Discus and support Firewire input from mini DV camera on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been viewing video from my miniDV camera via firewire to Pinnacle Studio but after viewing 3 two hour tapes, the computer ceased to recognize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobbyJ#38, Apr 2, 2021.

1. BobbyJ#38 Win User

Firewire input from mini DV camera on Windows 10

I have been viewing video from my miniDV camera via firewire to Pinnacle Studio but after viewing 3 two hour tapes, the computer ceased to recognize the camera. Checking on Device Manager, it is indicated that the Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller is working properly. Any ideas?

:)

BobbyJ#38, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 64bit won't recognize my camcorder via firewire.

Hi Zane,

For us to isolate the concern, kindly answer the following:

• Does you Sharp DV Mini Camcorder works on other computer?
    • Have you tried using a different Firewire cable?
    • Do you still have any other devices or other Camcorder that can be connected using the Firewire? If so, have you tried connecting them using your Windows 10 computer to check if they will work?
    • Have you followed the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar? If so, kindly provide us the result.
    • What is happening when you're connecting your Sharp DV Mini Camcorder using Firewire? Are you receiving any error messages
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Import mini DV tapes into Windows 10 Movie Maker

Hi,

Panasonic cameras require the FireWire driver to work properly on your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The System type and version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link.

• The make and model of your device.

In the meantime, you can check the
    of renprovideo on how downloading the FireWire driver have fixed a similar concern with Panasonic Cameras in Windows 10. To download the FireWire drivers and check the installation steps, click on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Firewire input from mini DV camera on Windows 10

firewire to DV camera

ok i cant figure out how to do this i have a pv-gs19 hooked up with 6 to 4 pin fire wire but when i got to my computer im not seeing any devices come up, if i hook my camera up via USB i can see it just fine the problem with USB is the quality isnt as good and for some reason it wont capture the audio off of my camera only the video? so technically i have to problems, one the detection via firewire, 2 capturing audio via USB?, ive dont it before via usb but its been a long time, but i thought i would try the fire wire this time

moocow0463, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Firewire input from mini DV camera on Windows 10

1. Firewire input from mini DV camera on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Firewire input mini

2. Problem with firewire camera interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with firewire camera interface: I have a Sony DCR-TRV330 camera. The camera's interface is via firewire. I am using Corel's VideoStudio version 2021. I purchased a new computer February 2022 and it came with Windows 11. Prior to that I was using Windows 10. I have never had a problem with Windows 10. It has...
  3. Problem with firewire camera interface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with firewire camera interface: I have a Sony DCR-TRV330 camera. The camera's interface is via firewire. I am using Corel's VideoStudio version 2021. I purchased a new computer February 2022 and it came with Windows 11. Prior to that I was using Windows 10. I have never had a problem with Windows 10. It has...
  4. Windows 10 and Firewire

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and Firewire: I've got an old Canon Elura 100 camcorder. To connect it to a computer I must use an IEEE1394 Firewire I/O port. I installed a PCIE Firewire card and updated the driver. Connecting the camcorder to the PC, I can see the Elura 100 in the Devices section of the Settings window,...
  5. Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10

Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10: Hello, As far as I understand there is no option to select your camera input just like selecting recording device input. People suggest that to disable the unused cameras on "Device Manager" but this is not an elegant way to do it. So please add Default Camera Input...
  6. Windows 10 Firewire problem

Windows 10 Firewire problem: I bought a Firewire card to operate my M-Audio Profire 610 sound card: https://www.hepsiburada.com/alfais-4680-pci-express-pci-e-firewire-kasa-ici-kart-p-HBV00000321EQ?magaza=Evaletim I have no idea whether this product is for the sound card. I am using the 2004 update...
  7. Windows 10 and earlier will not detect DV camera connected to firewire iLink ieee1394 port...

Windows 10 and earlier will not detect DV camera connected to firewire iLink ieee1394 port...: There has been hundreds of questions about Windows XP through to Windows 10 not detecting a DV video camera to the Firewire AKA iLink or iEEE1394 port on computers. I'm offering a solution but there may be security ramifications and it may not work forever. Most people...
  8. Windows 10 Firewire drivers

Windows 10 Firewire drivers: Trying to find Windows 10 Firewire drivers. I can't understand why this isn't just a simple request. Instead of being directed to old threads that are defunct, why not, when I ask for Windows 10 Firewire drivers, either tell me that they are not available or give me an active...
  9. Importing Mini DV Movies to Windows 10 Computer

Importing Mini DV Movies to Windows 10 Computer: I have a number of home movies that I filmed on a Sony Mini DV camera (DCR-TRV20). I would like to import them all to my HP Spectre running on Windows 10. However, Windows 10 does not recognize this device when connected by USB cable and I cannot locate any drivers online...
  10. Firewire (1394) for Windows 10

Firewire (1394) for Windows 10: Buongiorno a tutti, Ho un problema , ho appena inserito la scheda Firewire. Ho windows 10. Sulla gestione dispositivi compare OHCI e ho installato il drive OHCI 1394 Legacy e aggiornato. Ma quando collego il cavo dalla telecamera SONY Videocamera digitale MiniDv...