Windows 10: firewire port card

Discus and support firewire port card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed a Syba PCI-Express Firewire card - SD-PEX30009 - in my HP Z220 Workstation Desktop; Windows 10 automatically downloaded the drivers it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billbrennanZM, Apr 26, 2020.

1. firewire port card

I installed a Syba PCI-Express Firewire card - SD-PEX30009 - in my HP Z220 Workstation Desktop; Windows 10 automatically downloaded the drivers it thought were appropriate, but that didn't work; I then used the cd that came with the card and tried to install their drivers, which also didn't work; I then tried 'The Legacy Drivers' that so many in 'firewire world' seem to recommend, which also didn't work 'incompatible' with my machine.

The Syba instructions advised going to http://www.drivers-download.com to update the drivers using 'DL code DL-0300132 from Drivers Search'; there I can't download the drivers or even manuals because I get the message: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not real skilled with computers - but I'm stuck; can anyone please help?

thank you very much!

:)

billbrennanZM, Apr 26, 2020

2. FireWire Malfunction

I have an old video camera that requires a firewire. I've had two different firewire to USB ports saying that they have both malfunctioned within the seconds of inserting them into my computer. I've downloaded the IEEE 1394 Legacy ports and done them step
    by step but to no avail. Nothing seems to work and it keeps saying that it's malfunctioned. Please help!

AnthonyCanapini, Apr 26, 2020
  3. wvlucas Win User
    Does Windows 10 Pro x64 support Firewire adapter?

I learned Windows 10 does support firewire. A 3 port firewire 1394B & 1394A PCIe card
    adapter was installed and sure enough, the system does recognized the device. The device manager lists the firewire adapter as, "Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller." The firewire device supports both 800 or 400 Mbps. A
    HD camcorder (Canon HV20) connected to either 1394a or the 1394b port and was tested, both 1394a and b worked.

firewire port card 89d07475-09dc-41e7-9e89-d714443a9e2f.jpg

So to answer my own question, yes, Windows 10 supports firewire.

wvlucas, Apr 26, 2020
  4. firewire port card

Movimaker and Firewire problem

Hi.

I have tryed that and a number of other options.

Now I have given up and returned the PCIe FireWire 1394a Card (F-261) to the retailer.

Do you have any suggestion on other Firewire I/F card that you know works for Windows 10 ?

Regards / Ingemar

IngemarSohlman, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

firewire port card

1. firewire port card - Similar Threads - firewire port card

2. Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update: Hi,My university's research lab runs an old microscope and DCAM camera on a Firewire port. We had installed the legacy 1394 driver for it and the equipment had worked find up until the latest update. Now, even if I go to device manager and change the driver, the device still...
  3. Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update: Hi,My university's research lab runs an old microscope and DCAM camera on a Firewire port. We had installed the legacy 1394 driver for it and the equipment had worked find up until the latest update. Now, even if I go to device manager and change the driver, the device still...
  4. Firewire card causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Firewire card causing BSOD: Hi,I have recently encountered an issue where using an outboard sound card Profire 610 via Firewire creates an instant BSOD with the error message WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My system is a Ryzen 5 3rd Gen specs below. I have used both the Firewire card together with the...
  5. Firewire card causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewire card causing BSOD: Hi,I have recently encountered an issue where using an outboard sound card Profire 610 via Firewire creates an instant BSOD with the error message WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My system is a Ryzen 5 3rd Gen specs below. I have used both the Firewire card together with the...
  6. Firewire card causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. MOTU 828 MK2 FireWire - Bluescreen with FW Card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MOTU 828 MK2 FireWire - Bluescreen with FW Card: Hi guys, I have a MOTU 828 mk2 FireWire Audio Interface that worked perfectly with my old PC (Intel Core 2 QUAD q9550 CPU, ASUS P5K Premium motherboard, 8 GB RAM with an standard FireWire PCI-e Card. I know cards with Texas Instrumens chipset should be better but it worked...
  8. is my firewire port card working?

is my firewire port card working?: I'm using an HP Z220 SFF Workstation, using Window 10 I went through a lot of trial and error with help from a generous microsoft guy here, to figure out how to get drivers for a Syba SD-PEX30009 firewire port card that I recently installed; what we think finally worked was...
  9. not sure if newly installed firewire port card is working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not sure if newly installed firewire port card is working: Hello; I'm using an HP Z220 SFF Workstation, using Window 10 I went through a lot of trial and error with help from a generous microsoft guy here, to figure out how to get drivers for a Syba SD-PEX30009 firewire port card that I recently installed; what we think finally...
  10. can't get firewire port card to work

can't get firewire port card to work: I installed a Syba PCI-Express Firewire card - SD-PEX30009 - in my HP Z220 Workstation Desktop; Windows 10 automatically downloaded the drivers it thought were appropriate, but that didn't work; I then used the cd that came with the card and tried to install their drivers,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot