Windows 10: Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update

Discus and support Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,My university's research lab runs an old microscope and DCAM camera on a Firewire port. We had installed the legacy 1394 driver for it and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WookieAxeman, May 18, 2022.

1. Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update

Hi,My university's research lab runs an old microscope and DCAM camera on a Firewire port. We had installed the legacy 1394 driver for it and the equipment had worked find up until the latest update. Now, even if I go to device manager and change the driver, the device still can't run correctly. What is going on with these updates?

:)

WookieAxeman, May 18, 2022
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 18, 2022
  3. FireWire Malfunction

I have an old video camera that requires a firewire. I've had two different firewire to USB ports saying that they have both malfunctioned within the seconds of inserting them into my computer. I've downloaded the IEEE 1394 Legacy ports and done them step
    by step but to no avail. Nothing seems to work and it keeps saying that it's malfunctioned. Please help!

AnthonyCanapini, May 18, 2022
  4. Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update

is my firewire port card working?

(I'm using an HP Z220 SFF Workstation, using Window 10)

I went through a lot of trial and error with help from a generous microsoft guy here, to figure out how to get drivers for a Syba SD-PEX30009 firewire port card that I recently installed; what we think finally worked was installing a Unibrain driver; it
    does now show up in my device manager as 'working properly,' etc.

However, the 2 camcorders that I have to try to use with the new port are both older, one a Canon, the other a Samung. They are both recognized by my computer, but both come up in device manager as having 'no compatible drivers,' and when I 'update drivers,'
    they both say 'windows couldn't find drivers for this device.' I've even spoken with someone at Canon, and there are definitely no available drivers for that camcorder - they no longer support that machine.

I'm working on alternative 'workarounds;' but, after all the trouble and time, I'd like to go ahead and keep the firewire port installed if it is in fact working; But I'm not really sure if it is, since I haven't had any luck yet with making a camcorder plugged
    into it work. And if it isn't working correctly, I'd like to return it soon for the $35!

Does anyone here know of a way that I can tell for sure if the firewire port I've now installed with the Unibrain drivers really IS set up correctly and CAN work with a good camera or other DV device, even tho I don't have an apparently working camcorder now
    to try it out with? Could a 'non correctly working port' show up as 'working properly' in device manager and actually be preventing a possibly working camcorder from functioning correctly in this situation?

Thanks a lot for any help.

billbrennanZM, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update

1. Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update - Similar Threads - Firewire port stops

2. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb port stop working after update: Usb port stop working after I restarted from update.The update stopped in the middle then i restarted it but it stops again then i reinstalled the windows....
  3. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb port stop working after update: Usb port stop working after I restarted from update.The update stopped in the middle then i restarted it but it stops again then i reinstalled the windows....
  4. Usb port stop working after update

5. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update

Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update: Hi,My university's research lab runs an old microscope and DCAM camera on a Firewire port. We had installed the legacy 1394 driver for it and the equipment had worked find up until the latest update. Now, even if I go to device manager and change the driver, the device still...
  7. Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Firewire port stops working after latest Win10 update: Hi,My university's research lab runs an old microscope and DCAM camera on a Firewire port. We had installed the legacy 1394 driver for it and the equipment had worked find up until the latest update. Now, even if I go to device manager and change the driver, the device still...
  8. is my firewire port card working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is my firewire port card working?: I'm using an HP Z220 SFF Workstation, using Window 10 I went through a lot of trial and error with help from a generous microsoft guy here, to figure out how to get drivers for a Syba SD-PEX30009 firewire port card that I recently installed; what we think finally worked was...
  9. firewire port card

firewire port card: I installed a Syba PCI-Express Firewire card - SD-PEX30009 - in my HP Z220 Workstation Desktop; Windows 10 automatically downloaded the drivers it thought were appropriate, but that didn't work; I then used the cd that came with the card and tried to install their drivers,...
  10. No sound, USB ports not working after latest updates

No sound, USB ports not working after latest updates: Hello there, people of teh internetz, I'm looking for some help getting my laptop to work normally, after the latest windows updates. Problems - There is no sound. The troubleshooter can't fix the problem. I can hear quiet, random crackling sounds with headphones...