Windows 10: Firmware driver broken?

Discus and support Firmware driver broken? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is basically brand new (I got it for Christmas 2018.) (IT CAME WITH TONS OF UPDATES THAT NEEDED DOING AND I DOWNLOADED THEM ALL) , I keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by millie09072005, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Firmware driver broken?

My laptop is basically brand new (I got it for Christmas 2018.) (IT CAME WITH TONS OF UPDATES THAT NEEDED DOING AND I DOWNLOADED THEM ALL) , I keep having issues with the wireless connection to my wifi even though we have bought boosters for the hope the problem will be fixed, didn't do anything. My main problem is my Firmware drive.

All my drivers are up to date and I have no system updates. My driver says this -

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is not one known by the service. It may be a more recent revision than the service is aware of.

My sister has the same laptop in the 14.4" version with the specs not as good, yet hers has a higher performance then mine no matter what I do, games and certain things are blurry, where hers works the way I would expect mine to.

:)

millie09072005, Jan 27, 2019

2. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 UEFI Firmware driver installs but firmware does not update

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 UEFI Firmware driver installs but firmware does not update

• The OS is Windows 10 Version 1607
    • Current version - Surface UEFI firmware: 106.1624.768.0
    • Attempted update - Surface UEFI firmware: 107.1741.768.0

The UEFI Firmware driver window shows the following after installation and two subsequent restarts:

The UEFI Firmware driver window shows the following after installation and three subsequent restarts:

Attempts to install the UEFI firmware through the Surface Installer and manually in the device manager have installed the driver but the firmware does not install upon restarting. After restarting twice, the driver reports that it is a different version than firmware on the device and stops presenting an option to restart.

Installing Surface Pro Firmware with WinPE on a USB drive also does not result in the UEFI firmware being installed, though another firmware update successfully applied via this process the first time the device rebooted from WinPE.

The driver can be rolled back to the version which matches the actual version of the firmware.

Searches on other forums suggest that when this occurs, that the device is defective and needs to be replaced by Microsoft.

Device Manager

Firmware driver broken? nVQXD.png

Firmware driver broken? aDL2g.png

Firmware driver broken? FtxjV.png

Firmware driver broken? cYbZj.png

AndreRoberge, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Pipps Win User
    Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Firmware driver broken?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Firmware driver broken?

1. Firmware driver broken? - Similar Threads - Firmware driver broken

2. Display Driver Broken!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Driver Broken!: So yesterday I was having trouble with my drivers where while I was updating the display driver my screen went fully black. I got it fixed now but I'm stuck to my laptop screen even though I have another monitor plugged in using HDMI. Windows says it's not detecting my other...
  3. Display Driver Broken!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Driver Broken!: So yesterday I was having trouble with my drivers where while I was updating the display driver my screen went fully black. I got it fixed now but I'm stuck to my laptop screen even though I have another monitor plugged in using HDMI. Windows says it's not detecting my other...
  4. Display Driver Broken!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Broken Audio Drivers

Broken Audio Drivers: Hello,I am having problems with my sound, the only driver that appears is NVIDIA high definition audio which connects to my monitor. I've installed Realtek drivers but it wont show, another thing that does not seem to be there is high definition audio. I was simply trying to...
  6. Broken links for LifeCam software and firmware

Broken links for LifeCam software and firmware: I'm trying to download LifeCam HD firmware update and 3.6 software but all links in the page below are broken 404 error: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/get-firmware-drivers-and-software-for-microsoft-lifecam-cameras-4de0695c-8b9c-8666-24a8-ecd3d7a5d79b Such as...
  7. Mtp driver broken

Mtp driver broken: so basically i cant seem to update mtp driver usb nor replace it with some other driver because whenever i plug my phone into my pc it just doesnt want to recognize it i tried everything by manually installing or using other softwares or going on google for help and im...
  8. Audio drivers broken???

Audio drivers broken???: So, my computer started freezing and making a skreeching sound and this has happened before. I was able to fix it by uninstalling the audio drivers and reinstalling them. It started happening again but this time something did not go right. [ATTACH]...
  9. Broken Microsoft Drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken Microsoft Drivers: I recently installed windows using a usb drive with installation media. By doing this I think I may have broke the microsoft drivers. Is there a fix for this because I am unable to open any preinstalled microsoft app such as the store, mail, contacts, etc....
  10. Drivers and firmware, I think.

Drivers and firmware, I think.: My keyboard stopped working altogether and the screen began to flicker. Can someone please direct me to the most up-to-date drivers and firmware for a SurfacePro 4 64 bit system? This happened after an update. Thank you in advance. Cornell...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installed nividia update and updated firmware and is now broken