Windows 10: Firmware Update Causing Restart

Discus and support Firmware Update Causing Restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I work for a school district with a large number of Lenovo 14W laptops available for student use. Recently, we have had many of these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Murphy_I, May 18, 2022.

1. Murphy_I Win User

Firmware Update Causing Restart

Hello everyone. I work for a school district with a large number of Lenovo 14W laptops available for student use. Recently, we have had many of these laptops that throw up the following message after logging into the laptop: "You're about to be signed out. The system will restart in 2 minutes to install a firmware update. Please close all running programs."I have completely reset a few of these laptops, but I'm still getting the message after logging in. From what I've seen, the laptop restarts and then begins the process to install the update. Then it immediately stops and goes back to the Le

:)

Murphy_I, May 18, 2022
  2. bro67 Win User

Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Actually some machines can receive Firmware updates through Windows Updates. As for the reboots, I would also look at Secure Boot getting fouled up and clearing that option to reset it. The Hash may not match when it reboot causing these errors.

bro67, May 18, 2022
  3. PS3 and PSP firmware updated

Sony has updated the firmware for its two most recent consoles, with a few improvements for each. The PS3 firmware has been updated to version 1.70, which will enable gamers to play PS1 software purchased from the PlayStation Store (previously only playable on the PSP) and will allow the use of the vibration function of accessories when playing PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles (not PS3 games unfortunately, but a step forwards). The PlayStation Store still lists all classic titles as being for the PSP, but this may be changed when it’s updated later this week. As for the PSP, the firmware has been updated to version 3.40, with the most noticeable changes being improved support for PlayStation Network titles and a changed method for managing certificates under [Game]. Apparently with the new firmware, gamers can share save data between both consoles allowing PS1 titles to be continued on the move and at home.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 18, 2022
  4. Firmware Update Causing Restart

Update KB3150513, causing random restarts

HI,

There are different possible reasons as to why you computer is restarting randomly. An update not installed properly could be one of the causes. For us to resolved you concern, kindly answer the question below;

• Were there any error messages before you computer restarts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

You can also refer to this article:
    Windows Update Troubleshooter
    . Just choose the version for your system and follow the steps.

Update us on the results once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Firmware Update Causing Restart

1. Firmware Update Causing Restart - Similar Threads - Firmware Update Causing

2. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware update: My laptop got restarted after update and now it's has been frozen since one hour on this. Can anyone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firmware-update/584bd16e-a618-4c78-baeb-da7bcc9fe8c6
  3. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firmware update: My laptop got restarted after update and now it's has been frozen since one hour on this. Can anyone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firmware-update/584bd16e-a618-4c78-baeb-da7bcc9fe8c6
  4. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware update: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=uefi%5Cres_%7B12b99262-648c-4365-bafd-eb869fb72094%7DHi, I need documentation for these two files in the link are the above updates compatible with my device if someone pointed out the link to the documentation thanks in...
  5. Firmware update

Firmware update: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=uefi%5Cres_%7B12b99262-648c-4365-bafd-eb869fb72094%7DHi, I need documentation for these two files in the link are the above updates compatible with my device if someone pointed out the link to the documentation thanks in...
  6. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Firmware Update Causing Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware Update Causing Restart: Hello everyone. I work for a school district with a large number of Lenovo 14W laptops available for student use. Recently, we have had many of these laptops that throw up the following message after logging into the laptop: "You're about to be signed out. The system will...
  8. Firmware Update Causing Restart

Firmware Update Causing Restart: Hello everyone. I work for a school district with a large number of Lenovo 14W laptops available for student use. Recently, we have had many of these laptops that throw up the following message after logging into the laptop: "You're about to be signed out. The system will...
  9. Update causing Windows to restart fresh each restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update causing Windows to restart fresh each restart: MS performed 2 updates for Windows 10 concerning .Net and Adobe last night and since then all changes in apps and office are not saved, and the PC reverts back to the status right after the update. This update is found under Other Updates. How can I get out this situation?...
  10. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...