Windows 10: Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Discus and support Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, i have an Asus FX705DX laptop (Ryzen 3550H) and i've been having the same issue since i bought it several months ago. Everytime a new Firmware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MikeGarcia, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Hi, i have an Asus FX705DX laptop (Ryzen 3550H) and i've been having the same issue since i bought it several months ago.
    Everytime a new Firmware (BIOS) update from Asus is installed automatically by Windows Update my system runs into an Automatic Repair Loop and nothing i do (startup repair, system restore, uninstall updates) but reinstalling Windows solves the problem.
    I also get to this situation with a new windows install and enabling Hyper-V.
    This last time i made a clean new installations of Windows 10 1903 Student, installed all updates and then, when i enabled Hyper-V i got into reboot loop again. I ran automatic startup repair and SrtTrail.txt said:
    Root cause found:
    ---------------------------
    A recently serviced boot binary is corrupt.

Repair action: Uninstall latest LCU
    Result: Failed. Error code = 0x3713

So i entered command prompt from rescue environment and did a:
    DISM /Image*Biggrin:\ /ScratchDir*Biggrin:\Scratch /Cleanup-Image /RevertPendingActionswhich completed successfully and i could restart and, to my surprise, Hyper-V is enabled.

The problem is i tried to enable Hypervisor Platform and shows error "Changes cannot be completed".
    I went again to recovery command line and tried to install if from there with:
    dism /image:c:\ /scratchdir:c:\scratch /enable-feature /featurename:hypervisorplatformwhich gave me error:

Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime [​IMG]

Then i did a dism checkhealth and i have:

Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime [​IMG]

Also, installing VisualStudio i got a warning saying:
    Package 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.AspNet45.Feature,version=16.0.28315.86' failed to install.
    Search URL
    Search - Developer Community
    Details
    Command executed: "C:\Windows\system32\dism.exe" /online /quiet /norestart /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:"netfx4extended-aspnet45" /All /logPath:"C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_setup_20190811143007_359_Microsoft.VisualStudio.AspNet4 5.Feature.log"
    Return code: -2146498512
    Return code details: Unknown error (0x800f0830)

So i can work with the system but it seems a bit corrupted.

Thanks in advance. Any help would be much appreciated.

I attach links to dism logfiles.

DISMAfterAutomaticRepairCUnitLogFile.txt - Google Drive
    dismAfterAutomaticRepairFail.log - Google Drive

:)

MikeGarcia, Aug 11, 2019
  2. jdgriffin Win User

Hyper-V Feature Causes Repair Loop After Fall Creators Update

I use Windows 10 Education Edition. I had trouble installing the Fall Creator's update a few days ago and ultimately, I backed up my files and reset my PC. During this process, the Fall Creator’s update was installed.

I use Hyper-V for study and this feature was removed during the reset and update process. I turned Hyper-V back on and after the resulting reboot, my computer went into a repair loop. It would never completely restart or repair itself. I was unable to use
    a restore point so I reset the computer a second time. I tried to turn on Hyper-V a second time and got into the same repair loop. This time, I went into UEFI and turned off virtualization. After exiting, the computer started normally. After experimenting
    a little with this, the bottom line is that I can have virtualization in UEFI turned on only if Hyper-V is turned off. If Hyper-V is turned on virtualization must be turned off in UEFI and renders Hyper-V useless. I decided to do a clean install but got the
    same results. Occasionally, I would get a blue screen that read,

If you call a support person, give them this info: STOP CODE: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Any ideas?

jdgriffin, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Hyper-V causing boot loop in Windows 10 Pro x64

It appears that insider build 10547 has corrected the hyper-v boot loop issue in windows 10 x64. Running systeminfo.exe inside an admin command prompt shows that (you can find statement next to "Hyper-V Requirements:" shown at the bottom of the list) "A
    hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed." (Which means Hyper-V is now working). Downloading emulators now for windows phone for Visual Studio 2015 to see if they work. Will update later today...

DouglasHogue, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Hyper-V causing boot loop in Windows 10 Pro x64

After upgrading to Windows 10 x64 Pro from Windows 10 Home to x64 Professional and activating Hyper-V in Windows 10 x64 Pro my computer reboots. After a couple of tries it goes in automatic repair and attempts to repair the startup. This cycle just repeats
    itself. I tried many combinations of things in the bios, shutting down, nothing has worked.

The only way I found to bring out of the loop is re-install windows

So I re installed Windows 10 Pro and activated Hyper-V and same reboot loop occurs.

So re-installed a second time then I found the cure.

The cure is to enable Hyper V from Power Shell , once I did this the pc restarted a couple of times, and everything back to normal hyper v working .

CLI command to enable

CLI command to disable

BryanMckinny, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

1. Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime - Similar Threads - Firmware update hyper

2. Hyper-V Host Stuck In Automatic Repair Boot Loop - Wont Boot To OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Host Stuck In Automatic Repair Boot Loop - Wont Boot To OS: Hyper-V Host Stuck In Automatic Repair Boot Loop - Wont Boot To OSAll other VM's came up appropriately besides, of course, an important database host to our financial system...Please help... Can someone point me in the direction of MS Support for this? I'm willing to purchase...
  3. Hyper-V Host Stuck In Automatic Repair Boot Loop - Wont Boot To OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Host Stuck In Automatic Repair Boot Loop - Wont Boot To OS: Hyper-V Host Stuck In Automatic Repair Boot Loop - Wont Boot To OSAll other VM's came up appropriately besides, of course, an important database host to our financial system...Please help... Can someone point me in the direction of MS Support for this? I'm willing to purchase...
  4. Can't Update without causing automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Update without causing automatic repair loop: Somewhere around Feb 16 or 17 an update was installed that created an issue. When I rebooted a few days after that, I entered an automatic boot loop. SFC and DISM were not able to resolve the issue, but I was able to system restore to a state on Feb 16. I then did the scans...
  5. What Caused the Automatic Repair Loop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What Caused the Automatic Repair Loop?: I installed Cyberlink PowerDVD, but I never ran it. That is, until I inserted that Toy Story DVD. If it wasn't running that software that caused the automatic repair loop asking me to select a keyboard layout when I restarted my computer, then it must've been the Toy Story...
  6. Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop - Causes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop - Causes: We have seen a bunch of Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loops in the last couple of years and I wanted to share what the possible causes are, especially since these loops happen sporadically and without apparent reason, although it seems to always involve a Windows Update...
  7. Windows 10 in Asus laptop firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 in Asus laptop firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime: I have an Asus FX705DX laptop (Ryzen 3550H) and i've been having the same issue since i bought it several months ago. Everytime a new Firmware (BIOS) update from Asus is installed automatically by Windows Update my system runs into an Automatic Repair Loop and nothing i do...
  8. Computer in automatic repair loop - aswElam.sys is cause

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer in automatic repair loop - aswElam.sys is cause: This has just started happening a few hours ago, after I restarted my computer. Trying to restart does not work, nor does Startup Repair. It just continues to loop, it doesn’t boot into Windows at all. Srttrail.txt (after a startup repair) lists: “Boot critical file...
  9. Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen: Windows 10 Pro 1709, x64. Lenovo desktop, 12 GB memory. I´ve trying to do a virtual boot of a backup image created with Macrium Reflect, using Macrium viBoot. When the vm is started, there appears a BSOD in Hyper-V (Page fault in nonpaged area), or a “Preparing...
  10. Hyper-V installation causes boot failure

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V installation causes boot failure: Hello all. James here. I'm trying to setup Hyper-V, using Kari's tutorial. After I select the modules, Windows installs them and asks for a reboot. I oblige and then the system loops. I have tried three times and have had to restore all three times. I have enabled Intel...