Windows 10: First batch of windows updates after a clean install

Discus and support First batch of windows updates after a clean install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Ive just clean installed Windows 10 this morning. The first thing I did as soon as I got into Windows was to check for windows updates so as to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sportsfan148, May 19, 2019.

1. First batch of windows updates after a clean install

Hi, Ive just clean installed Windows 10 this morning. The first thing I did as soon as I got into Windows was to check for windows updates so as to get my system right up to date. There were quite a few windows updates, several drivers and windows defender updates etc listed. Windows started downloading everything. After about an hour or more I got a message on screen saying Windows was busy downloading other updates so was unable to install the updates that were ready and that a Restart may help. There was a Retry button immediately below the message too so I tried that first and then several updates got installed. The same message appeared on screen again several minutes later. So once again I clicked on the Retry button and more updates were then installed. Finally I got to a screen where there were just three updates left and then it said a restart was required so after a Restart that finished installing all the Windows Updates.
    My question is....What is the correct procedure when I got the message on screen saying Windows was still downloading other updates so it was unable to install the updates that were ready and that a Restart may help along with a Retry button directly underneath the message. . Do you Click on the Retry button first or go directly to Restart the PC? I wasn't sure what to do?

:)

sportsfan148, May 19, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 19, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 19, 2019
  4. jds21 Win User

First batch of windows updates after a clean install

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 19, 2019
Thema:

First batch of windows updates after a clean install

1. First batch of windows updates after a clean install - Similar Threads - batch updates clean

2. First time BSOD NETIO.SYS after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First time BSOD NETIO.SYS after clean install: Hello guys in advance i thank you for any advice or help. I dont think its that urgent but i have few questions about my today first BSOD after very very long time. And it was only today since then its all fine. So i just hope it will not repeat daily like last year when i...
  3. First time BSOD NETIO.SYS after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First time BSOD NETIO.SYS after clean install: Hello guys in advance i thank you for any advice or help. I dont think its that urgent but i have few questions about my today first BSOD after very very long time. And it was only today since then its all fine. So i just hope it will not repeat daily like last year when i...
  4. Windows can't update even after clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows can't update even after clean install: This problem has plagued my pc for about a year, I encountered the infamous “We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes” error about a year ago. It was only solved by a complete format and reinstall of the latest version of windows. About a month later the error...
  5. BSOD on first boot after clean install with AX58BT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on first boot after clean install with AX58BT: Why do I get BSOD related to netwtw08.sys during the first boot phase after clean reinstall of Windows 10 v2004 from bootable installation media created with Media Creation Tool if I have ASUS PCE-AX58BT Wi-Fi-6 adapter installed on the ASUS Z390 Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi...
  6. Only 3 Windows Updates installed after Clean Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Only 3 Windows Updates installed after Clean Install: I cleaned installed Win10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool and how come I only got 3 updates???? This is very strange. I am assuming I would get more updates than these. Running version 1511 build 10586 Is it because Win10 is too new ??? And I kept pressing the...
  7. Clean install not activated despite upgrading first.

Clean install not activated despite upgrading first.: Hi guys, I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 but in settings it's showing as Windows 10 Home and not activated. I upgraded from W7 Ultimate to W10 Pro without a problem so not sure why it's not activating. I did format the main drive during clean install,...
  8. After clean install, windows update slow to download install updates

After clean install, windows update slow to download install updates: Hello Everyone, I did a clean install and on first use of Windows update the updates for some reason we're downloading and installing at a slow pace which I didn't recall in the past. Not sure if I'm having an issue on my end or not if it is on the side of Microsoft. Any...
  9. My first clean install with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My first clean install with Windows 10: I have downloaded the new O.S onto a USB memory stick ready for the clean install. My question is, will I be better off by formatting my SSD 'C' drive before performing the process or, does the install format the drive as it goes along? I would like to think that the...
  10. Anniversary Update - Clean Install - First Impressions

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install - First Impressions: My first impressions: Pros: Seems a bit faster overall - I did a complete system image backup in 00:02:09 (previously took 00:02:35) OS install uses less space (at least for my installation) Event viewer shows no new instances (I had two known issues before and they are...