Windows 10: First boot fails to boot up

Discus and support First boot fails to boot up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had this issue since day one. I figure I am in the right place and ask for the right answers. Pretty much every first boot after it being powered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheRandomBrian, Oct 30, 2017.

1. First boot fails to boot up

I had this issue since day one. I figure I am in the right place and ask for the right answers.
    Pretty much every first boot after it being powered off for a while, it stays stuck on the splash screen. I would force a power off and restart it and it goes through with no problem. It may not seem a big of a problem but its the little-ist things that can bug me the most. I have a youtube link below to show what i am talking about.

Msi gs63 7rd failed boot - YouTube

:)

TheRandomBrian, Oct 30, 2017

2. Windows Phone 8.1 update on Nokia Lumia 925 error 80188309

Same problem.

With Lumia 1520 (Dutch phone with os v. 8.0.10532.166).

First downloading, than preparation (where 96% takes a bit looonger)

Than it starts installing, at 2% is suddenly gives the famous error..

Marco Boot, Oct 30, 2017
  3. Das-Boot Win User
    Windows 10 Product Key Blocked

I had the same thing.

I did the Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade and activated Windows 10 successfully. I then downloaded the media creation kit, created a bootable USB and did a fresh installation of Windows 10. This second installation would not activate and told me the key
    had been blocked.

I spent about two hours on the phone to Microsoft who failed to get it activated. It's been escalated to their tier III support and I'm getting a call back this evening. I'll come back here and report how I got on.

Das-Boot, Oct 30, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

First boot fails to boot up

Brink, Oct 30, 2017
  5. Holy Moly! Not only did it actually boot 3-4 seconds faster (ironic), but no issues at starting up. I will test more when my laptop is off for hours. For now, it looks like it has solved that issue. Idk why this would happen in windows 10 *Redface

Thanks Brink! You have saved the day once again.

TheRandomBrian, Oct 30, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Oct 30, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    You don't really need Fast Start Up when using an SSD - it doesn't make much difference to boot speed and can cause problems as yu discovered. Fast Start Up of off on all my SSD based PCs.

Steve C, Oct 31, 2017
  8. First boot fails to boot up

It was on by default. I’m glad to disabled it because not only did it fix my problem, but also booted a few seconds faster.

TheRandomBrian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

First boot fails to boot up

1. First boot fails to boot up - Similar Threads - boot fails boot

2. PC only boots up sometimes; Not booting on first try

in Windows 10 News
    PC only boots up sometimes; Not booting on first try: [IMG]Have you ever experienced a frustrating situation when you press the power button On, your Windows computer boots up sometimes and never boots the first time? You try again and again, and it finally starts. This is an issue that many people have faced. In this post, we...
  3. Pc fails to boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc fails to boot up.: I tweaked with my virtual meomory and then i played a game and when i was playing i got a blue screen. Know when i try to turn on my pc all of my fans spin and rgb turn on and i have no display or power to my keyboard and mouse....
  4. HDCP Compliance Fail on First Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDCP Compliance Fail on First Boot: Everytime I boot up my computer in the morning, Nvidia reports that my monitor is not HDCP compliant. The only reason why I need it is to watch Blu-rays, and my CyberLink PowerDVD 20 software will report that my computer isn't compliant, and therefore won't load the Blu-ray....
  5. Failing to boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failing to boot up: PC won't boot up, it looks like it's stuck in sleep mode. The mouse appears and will move but there is nothing to point to. The screen is blue black... Tried to turn the pc on and off 3times.. Open in safe mode via winRE.. No luck. Help, Please, and thank you......
  6. Windows fails to boot up the first time every day

Windows fails to boot up the first time every day: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 but have been having a few problems with it. The biggest one is that when I first boot it up every morning, it crashes shortly after I log in and I have to cut the power and boot it up again. Oddly enough, it boots up just fine for the...
  7. Failing to boot first time

in Windows 10 Support
    Failing to boot first time: My Mum's sent me a video of her Windows 10 PC booting and what appears to happen is the first time it loads the blue recovery screen which says "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" and then she clicks on the left button and it boots fine or sometimes after she types...
  8. Win 10 fails at first boot always.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 fails at first boot always.: I have three PC's that can not load win 10, it fails at the first boot phase. There is nothing attached to these units and I need the programs to be brought along. No special programs but all were bought and I don't want to do that again. Failure is 30017 first phase, hmmmm....
  9. PC fails to boot up

PC fails to boot up: My laptop currently will not boot up at all. It's an Asus Notebook PC, running the latest version of Windows as of at least 10/09/19. When it attempts to boot, it'll BSOD with the error message CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED then restart and run Automatic Repair with the a message...
  10. PC Boot up fail

PC Boot up fail: I have a pc I game on and I wanted to make my pc run a little better so i start cleaning my drives and making room for other games but then my of keeps on crashing and crashing 4 times in a row and then I fully reset my pc and when it was trying to boot up it won't boot and...